God is Jesus vs. Jesus is God

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

For any of that to be reasonable and make any logical sense, they must be distinct persons.
No, they must be the same.

Otherwise, scripture would present GOD as some sort of confused schizophrenic that thinks He is one person at one moment and another person at another moment.
GOD is not the author of confusion.
Why? since Jesus ONLY says what the Father does, and only does what the Father does?

YOUR doctrine makes God the Father speaking one minute and then the Son speaking another minute! Just ask and I will prove it to you.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The one entity known the three titles “human,” “father,” and “son” is certainly one.

But there is a flaw in the analogy, I think.

The human knows everything the father knows, and the son knows everything the father and human know.

Yet Jesus said there was something He did not know that the Father did know.

And the human is not greater than the father who is not greater than the son, yet Jesus said the Father was greater than He.

Are you equally comfortable with the two sentences below:
1) Jesus is God
2) God is Jesus
?

yes

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, they must be the same.

Why? since Jesus ONLY says what the Father does, and only does what the Father does?

YOUR doctrine makes God the Father speaking one minute and then the Son speaking another minute! Just ask and I will prove it to you.
Nope.
Scripture clearly reveals to us that GOD is a triune unity consisting of 3 distinct persons - Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

The Son did not send Himself, the Father sent the Son.
Interaction between 2 distinct persons, not one person alone.

The Son did not return to heaven and sit at the right hand of Himself, He returned to sit at the right hand of the Father.

The Father did not cry out from the cross "Why have you forsaken me?", to Himself, the Son cried out to the Father.

The Son did not say "I and Myself are one", the Son said "I and my Father are one".

God's Truth

By the way, all your friends coming to give you thanks means nothing. Paul stood without any friends and still spoke the truth!

God's Truth

Scripture reveals GOD as a triune unity consisting of 3 distinct person that interact with one another, not one person interacting with Himself.

That is what I said you said! And it is wrong.

God is singular.

Yet,you make three different and call them one God.

When asked who was speaking in the Old Testament, you change them according to your liking to support your false doctrines.

You say the Father is NOT God by Himself.

God's Truth

You may have a Bible, but you need to have help "getting" what it says.

You don't even read what Tam writes, do you? You don't have the guts to do so.

Untruth speaker. Just like you falsely accuse me of being untruth, it is exactly what you are. You come telling untruths and instigate a fight.

Why don't you let Tambora and me debate for a bit?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You need to get serious if you think I don't have a Bible and also use English.

You don't get to change the meaning of words. The Bible doesn't do that.
I have not changed the way scripture uses words.
Scripture reveals GOD as a triune unity consisting of 3 distinct persons that interact with one another, not 1 confused schizophrenic person thinking He is 3 persons.

Status
Not open for further replies.