ECT Gifts of the Spirit

john w

Hall of Fame
I will judge false teaching; and I don't have to be God to do that.

You judge men; in whom Christ died..so sad.

Nope. I made a judgment on your false teaching, and you threw me the old reliable "You are not God" zinger.

Want to revisit it? I will show you your quote.

john w

Hall of Fame
Rightly divide the word of truth, understanding the difference between the prophetic program, and the mystery program, and you will chuck your psycho babble tongue speaking, slain in the Spirit, miracle today, word of knowledge, prophetic forth telling, laying on hands, your Benny Hinn Holy Ghost Macine Gun.............

john w

Hall of Fame
Alright. Fair question then: How do you explain Paul's suggestion for the church of Corinth to earnestly desire spiritual gifts and seek after them if they were only for the apostles?

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." 1 Cpr. 13:12

Paul did not have full knowledge of the revelation of the mystery-progressive revelation.

"It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord." 2 Cor. 12:1

Temporary, "childish," until that which is perfect has come-the completed word of God. The sign gifts were temporary, one of their purposes was to validate/authenticate that the person speaking, was, in fact, speaking for the LORD God, speaking for Him, as His "sent one," since the message was not "in ink," so to speak.

"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."

The "Back to Pentecost" nuts/kids are operating under the prophetic program, preaching "the gospel of the kingdom," which has been set aside temporarily.It will resume, when the boc is removed from this present evil world(Galatians 1), and the LORD God resumes His dealings with Israel, and the heathen.

"Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;" Col. 1:25

Prophecy

vs.

Mystery

If you recognize it, you would shuck all the signs, love gifts, "The LORD spoke to me today.....", bark like a dog, squeal like a pig, falling backward like a Disco dancer on "Saturday Night Fever"............and all that jazz.

Eph. 3
For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

2If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

3How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

4Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

5Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

6That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

7Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

8Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

9And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

He wants you to know the mystery. Tell me the last time any "man of God" preached the mystery to you.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
This is exactly why I do not discredit tongues nor will I ever. It may not be my gifting, but Paul says to earnestly desire all spiritual gifts and so I do so wholeheartedly though it may never come to pass.

Seek the Giver, not the gifts.

Devotional tongues is for everyone (prayer, worship, self-edification, etc.), but the public expression of tongues with interpretation is only for some.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
I don't think any gift is greater or lesser than the other, which is why Paul uses the body as an example in 1 Cor. 12:22-25. And yes, like you said, to God they are all the BEST gifts; there is no distinction or ranking system to God.

The best gifts edify. Paul strongly promoted personal tongues with Acts giving a precedent that it is normative for all believers (cf. modern Pentecostal movement and charismatic movement that crosses all denominational walls). What would make tongues less valuable is if they were not interpreted in the public use of them.

I Cor. 14 must be read line by line carefully to know if private or public tongues is in view. One can make a case against the abuse of gifts, but not against them.

john w

Hall of Fame
Seek the Giver, not the gifts.

Devotional tongues is for everyone (prayer, worship, self-edification, etc.), but the public expression of tongues with interpretation is only for some.

Spam cliche that says nothing, as usual. Clown. Charlatan. I picked you apart on your "exegesis," Col. Klink, so stuff your humanist responses, and droid cliches.

john w

Hall of Fame
The best gifts edify. Paul strongly promoted personal tongues with Acts giving a precedent that it is normative for all believers (cf. modern Pentecostal movement and charismatic movement that crosses all denominational walls). What would make tongues less valuable is if they were not interpreted in the public use of them.

I Cor. 14 must be read line by line carefully to know if private or public tongues is in view. One can make a case against the abuse of gifts, but not against them.

"god" rulz MO: Spam cliche, cite a few verses/spam a few disjointed verses, never connecting them, add etc. etc. etc

Clown of TOL.

john w

Hall of Fame
Get a life and cut out the strife...:kookoo:

Get saved. I have the life of the risen, ascended, glorified Lord Jesus Christ, who is powerful enough, and faithful, to confirm what He began in me, until the day of redemption. Your "Jesus," your "god," is as impotent, mumbling, impotent, and fake, as you, as he leaves you like a pop tart, breaking the flimsy seal of his, and puts you on trial every day.

Contrasts between myself, a justified saint forever, and you, lost.

I know, I know..."divorce.....robots..."

Humanist spam.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Get saved. I have the life of the risen, ascended, glorified Lord Jesus Christ, who is powerful enough, and faithful, to confirm what He began in me, until the day of redemption. Your "Jesus," your "god," is as impotent, mumbling, impotent, and fake, as you, as he leaves you like a pop tart, breaking the flimsy seal of his, and puts you on trial every day.

Humanist spam.

We know you do not truly trust in the death burial and resurrection of Christ because you do not have the Spirit of the new covenant.

You are still lost.

LA

graceandpeace

Nope. I made a judgment on your false teaching, and you threw me the old reliable "You are not God" zinger.

Want to revisit it? I will show you your quote.
..that is funny since you judge James..a MAN as unsaved...along with Peter, and everyone else that you do not agree had reached the perfect state.

Salvation is not accomplished by knowledge you idiot...oops...I know I sank to your level...maybe you will open your eyes and see the hypocrisy in your teaching.

Babes must grow...they are saved as babes..not as perfect men.

graceandpeace

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." 1 Cpr. 13:12

Paul did not have full knowledge of the revelation of the mystery-progressive revelation.

"It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord." 2 Cor. 12:1

Temporary, "childish," until that which is perfect has come-the completed word of God. The sign gifts were temporary, one of their purposes was to validate/authenticate that the person speaking, was, in fact, speaking for the LORD God, speaking for Him, as His "sent one," since the message was not "in ink," so to speak.

"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."

The "Back to Pentecost" nuts/kids are operating under the prophetic program, preaching "the gospel of the kingdom," which has been set aside temporarily.It will resume, when the boc is removed from this present evil world(Galatians 1), and the LORD God resumes His dealings with Israel, and the heathen.

"Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;" Col. 1:25

Prophecy

vs.

Mystery

If you recognize it, you would shuck all the signs, love gifts, "The LORD spoke to me today.....", bark like a dog, squeal like a pig, falling backward like a Disco dancer on "Saturday Night Fever"............and all that jazz.

Eph. 3
For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

2If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

3How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

4Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

5Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

6That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

7Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

8Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

9And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

He wants you to know the mystery. Tell me the last time any "man of God" preached the mystery to you.

Yes; he didnt have full knowledge, and that is exactly why they are STILL in the church today; NO ONE that is saved has full knowledge upon being saved...you expect perfection from the babes....while you agree Paul had to grow in grace..such a silly theolgy system.

Why not rightly divide the word of God and acknowledge that God works the same today...those whom are babes; and growing are in need of them for the same purpose Paul was..to grow thereby.

This is why MAD is such a false teaching...they speak out of both sides of their mouth..Let me ask you, was PAUL saved before he had this full knowledge?

YOUR doctrine stinks.

BABBLER

graceandpeace

Humanist spam.

Yet you deny the blood covenant that bought you....how funny you are...thinking you can be justified without it.

graceandpeace

Get a life and cut out the strife...:kookoo:

godrulz, I lose my kool with him, too....as I also do all those whom think they can play God and judge the salvation of a man.

Hopefully, they will come to learn that what they think they know as perfect knowledge is nothing more than heresy.

If we must have perfect knowledge in order to be saved...God forbid; no one could.

The bible plainly says once you are saved to grow in grace and in knowledge, yet these madist heretics force a gospel of you must be fully knowledged in order to be saved..rewriting the whole bible to fit their maniac views...or at least some of the madists are claiming this. I hope the ones that don't will correct them, soon...be bold enough to stand up and make it clear that salvation is not dependant upon this mystery that they do not even understand to begin with which was that WE should be fellowheirs with Israel, to begin with. They post the text and do not even see that written therein. It is sad.

We must be living in the last days; for the blood of Jesus Christ is being denied daily.

They have made the gospel out to be a lie; adding full knowledge as a prerequisit to salvation.

God forbid...that is the gospel....

john w

Hall of Fame
godrulz, I lose my kool with him, too....as I also do all those whom think they can play God and judge the salvation of a man.

Hopefully, they will come to learn that what they think they know as perfect knowledge is nothing more than heresy.

If we must have perfect knowledge in order to be saved...God forbid; no one could.

The bible plainly says once you are saved to grow in grace and in knowledge, yet these madist heretics force a gospel of you must be fully knowledged in order to be saved..rewriting the whole bible to fit their maniac views...or at least some of the madists are claiming this. I hope the ones that don't will correct them, soon...be bold enough to stand up and make it clear that salvation is not dependant upon this mystery that they do not even understand to begin with which was that WE should be fellowheirs with Israel, to begin with. They post the text and do not even see that written therein. It is sad.

We must be living in the last days; for the blood of Jesus Christ is being denied daily.

They have made the gospel out to be a lie; adding full knowledge as a prerequisit to salvation.

God forbid...that is the gospel....

"as I also do all those whom think they can play God and judge the salvation of a man."-GP

The book says to do that. Why don't you? Let me guess....you are more "tolerant...sweet....bubbly..." and all that jazz.

Someone feeds GP's children poisonous mushrooms.
GP: Well, the one who did it, I won't judge him/her...I would be playing God if I did that.

And why are you judging me, in saying we are not to play God, and judge others? =self refuting "argument."

Why are you playing God?

Nice sound byte, but it self refuting, and unscriptural. You made it up. You are watching too much TV, and secular entertainment.

"They have made the gospel out to be a lie"-GP

Of course, you cannot make that assessment, because you made up this "the" gospel mantra, and are clueless as to the differences between the gospel of the kingdom, the eternal gospel, the gospel of God,....... They are not the same.

john w

Hall of Fame
People who truly do have the Spirit in them, do not stumble over gifts of the Spirit even ones they do not have.

However in many ways you are not much different to John W.

You exclude true sons of God based on your own views which actually come from the RCC.

Thus it is you who will be rejected unless you repent.

LA.

Nope. The sign gifts are over. They were set aside, were temporary in nature. They will resume, when the LORD God again takes up His business with Israel, and the heathen.

Prophecy

vs.

Mystery

john w

Hall of Fame
We know you do not truly trust in the death burial and resurrection of Christ because you do not have the Spirit of the new covenant.

You are still lost.

LA

Thanks! A lost person thinking I am lost. If you did not, I'd be worried. I have no part in the NC-that is promised to Israel.

Prophesy

vs.

Mystery.

Get saved.