General question for all TOL religious people

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
God is the Head of Christ...not marital.

Christ is the Head of man...not marital.

Man is the head of woman...not marital.

And 1 Timothy 2 concerns instructions for worship; not marriage.

Not marital? Really? Are you saying that in the context of marriage, which was the relationship between Adam and Eve, the wife is not subject to her husband, or do you agree that marriage concerns marital relationships?

Paul was a trained rabbi so we can be sure he was not second-guessing the Father.

The key to understanding what Paul said is the context in which he said it.

theophilus

Not marital? Really? Are you saying that in the context of marriage, which was the relationship between Adam and Eve, the wife is not subject to her husband, or do you agree that marriage concerns marital relationships?

Paul was a trained rabbi so we can be sure he was not second-guessing the Father.

The key to understanding what Paul said is the context in which he said it.

Right.

That's why there were so many female Pharisees, Sadducees, Herodians and Scribes.

ALL women are subordinate to men in marriage and in the church. All women are subordinate to their husbands.

Women should not even pray aloud in a room where there is a man to pray.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
All women are subordinate to their husbands.

Subordinate to her husband in the Lord, but only in the Lord.

If a woman's husband tells his wife to do something contrary to scripture then she ought to obey God rather than a man.

Paul did not teach that women are subordinate to men in general, but only in marriage.

Paul knew the scriptures and would not go against God.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
Right.

That's why there were so many female Pharisees, Sadducees, Herodians and Scribes.

ALL women are subordinate to men in marriage and in the church. All women are subordinate to their husbands.

I always find this concept so helpful to us stupid men! God so knows what He is doing!
Women can be such a support and encouragement to men in the church even to the point where they become the most foundational element.

I interpret the following this way:
"...for it is a shame for women to speak in the church."

The shame is not on the women but on the men, not on the women. Often men will either not speak or even not attend regularly.
If men are thus so weak, then the church is weak.
If women encourage the men to lead, the church becomes strong.

It is a wise and Godly woman who gently forces her husband into service by her support.

theophilus

I always find this concept so helpful to us stupid men! God so knows what He is doing!
Women can be such a support and encouragement to men in the church even to the point where they become the most foundational element.

I interpret the following this way:
"...for it is a shame for women to speak in the church."

The shame is not on the women but on the men, not on the women. Often men will either not speak or even not attend regularly.
If men are thus so weak, then the church is weak.
If women encourage the men to lead, the church becomes strong.

It is a wise and Godly woman who gently forces her husband into service by her support.

Often I am told the reason so many women are teaching and serving is because there is no man to step up and stand in the gap. For the men NOT to lead is for the men to be disobedient. It's a sad state for the church, the family and a biblical world-view.

I will lay a portion of the blame on our culture which has emasculated many men and they are now afraid to do anything "manly." Feminism has wantonly fed our men into our postmodern culture. They are flayed on the butcher-block of political correctness, "diversity" and tolerance (God forbid).

Hear it thus:

1 Tim. 6:11 But flee from these things, you man of God, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, perseverance and gentleness. 12 Fight the good fight of faith; take hold of the eternal life to which you were called, and you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses. 13 I charge you in the presence of God, who gives life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who testified the good confession before Pontius Pilate, 14 that you keep the commandment without stain or reproach until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15 which He will bring about at the proper time—He who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16 who alone possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see. To Him be honor and eternal dominion! Amen.

How many men could answer this call?

How many would?

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Right.

But not outside the church, right? Presidency is outside the church so it can be any gender, right?

theophilus

But not outside the church, right? Presidency is outside the church so it can be any gender, right?

I believe, from the tone of all scripture, that in God's economy no woman is to rule over any man, inside or outside the church.

But that's just me.

You can always vote third party.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
Often I am told the reason so many women are teaching and serving is because there is no man to step up and stand in the gap. For the men NOT to lead is for the men to be disobedient. It's a sad state for the church, the family and a biblical world-view.

I will lay a portion of the blame on our culture which has emasculated many men and they are now afraid to do anything "manly." Feminism has wantonly fed our men into our postmodern culture. They are flayed on the butcher-block of political correctness, "diversity" and tolerance (God forbid).

Hear it thus:

1 Tim. 6:11 But flee from these things, you man of God, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, perseverance and gentleness. 12 Fight the good fight of faith; take hold of the eternal life to which you were called, and you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses. 13 I charge you in the presence of God, who gives life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who testified the good confession before Pontius Pilate, 14 that you keep the commandment without stain or reproach until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15 which He will bring about at the proper time—He who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16 who alone possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see. To Him be honor and eternal dominion! Amen.

How many men could answer this call?

How many would?

Thank you so much for bringing these hard questions in front of me! Who is sufficient for these things O Lord?

It is not just the emasculation of men but also the flip side of the coin; the overmasculating of men. Football, baseball, buddies, cars, grass cutting, movies, T.V., career, social standing, workaholism...ad infinitum. Whatever the culture pressures are, we need to leave them at the cross daily.

Thank you again for speaking truth and to God who gives it to be spoken.