Gay Orgy at Vatican

CherubRam

Let us work through those things quoted above.

“Don’t go to God for forgiveness of sins, come to me” Source: “The Pope’s Apology” by Professor Author Noble: This is a phrasing by Professor Noble. This is not a quote from any priest or pope. This is a quote that the Noble Professor is attributing to Popes. As stated before, Noble is a devout anti-Catholic, and prone to a history of revision and false applications. Therefore, this quote, and its source, are not reputable.

We Catholics are the "Mother" Church and Our Protestant Daughters Are Harlots - (Rev. 17:5): This is once again, a quote being projected onto Catholics. This is not a direct quote from any biblical source, nor true Catholic Source. The Catechism of the Catholic Church often refers to Protestants as "our brothers and sisters in Christ." This quote is pure conjecture, and false. It also makes no real sense when compared alongside Catholic teachings.

"The Pope is God On This Earth:" This is a false statement. Obviously, the Pope is not God in any capacity. There is no teaching of Catholic origin that makes this declaration. Once again, we see a false attribution and projection, lacking of merit or evidence. The Pope is a representative of God, but by no means God himself.

"The Pope is Immortal:" This has never been declared by Catholicism. And is clearly a false (and silly) attribution. Especially since there are only two popes even alive today. This is quickly dismissed due to lack of logic and any evidence to the contrary.

"The Pope is Infallible:" This one is a little tricky. This is a "true" statement and attribution, but not in the scope and sense that Protestants declare and believe. The Pope is only "infallible" when making declarations or decrees on moral or dogmatic truths. Which, as I stated before, has never contradicted what is found in Scripture. As stated before, that is quite considerable, given the nuts that have been pope. These statements are made rarely, and are usually just re-declarations of things already taught. Examples of this can easily be found and traced throughout history. In any circumstance outside of making such decrees and declarations, the pope is not considered, by the Catholic Church, infallible. He never has been considered infallible outside of such circumstances. Like ever. So any claim to the contrary is false.

"The Pope's Crown Bears This Inscription - VICarIVs fILII DeI=666:" This is just preposterous and borderline insane. This is really people seeing the devil everywhere. I could say, "don't read the Bible! It talks about Satan! How evil!" My claim is true, it talks about Satan, but not in the way I mean. I can string letters together throughout the Bible and create the phrase "Worship and Hail Satan." But this is the work of a twisted mind, no? Both of those examples bear as much weight and merit as this silly claim. This is an active effort at "seeing the devil in the details."

" The Pope Has All Power in Heaven and Earth and Can Change Divine Laws:" Another false attribute and projection. (I think from now on, I may just say this phrase, as it seems to be a pattern). The Pope clearly does not have this power, because if he did, those corrupt popes could have sent people to hell, sent plagues, etc. Once again, no merit, evidence, or logic.

"The Pope Can Change, Add to, or Take Away From,
and His Word is Greater than the Holy Scriptures
:" Once again, false. There is no claim of this, and this is actually contrary to what is taught by Catholicism. No merit, evidence, or logic. Another false projection.

"All People Must Be Subject to the Authority of the Pope
in Order to be in God's True Church
All Who Separate From the Control of the Pope are Without Christ
All People Must Be Subject to the Authority of the Pope in Order to be Saved
:" This is taken out of context from older Catholic documents. While these claims were put forth, by various religious outraged at the dissension from the Church, they have since been amended (for example, it is not taught that only those under Catholicism are saved). Such claims were not "ex cathedra," (which is the term applied to when a Pope makes a declaration of moral or dogmatic truth), but the rants and beliefs of a few. So, while "true," it is grossly taken out of context.

"Even if the Pope is in Error or Were Evil,
He Still Holds Power Over All Christ's Faithful:"
I give credit where it is due, your quotes did improve to at least minimal truths. While this statement is true, it has to be taken in context with "ex cathedra." Taken, with the full knowledge, that the Pope has never, and will never, make evil or erroneous declarations of moral or dogmatic truths. Obviously, there have been Popes in error and evil. There has never been any denial of that on our part. In fact, it is an excellent point that we, Catholics, always utilize. Paul was once evil. He may have not gotten along with other apostles, after being named Paul. But his declarations were always truthful, no? So, this attribution must be taken in context, and with full knowledge of what it means.

"The Pope is Christ's Replacement (Vicar or Vicegerent) on Earth:" This is a false wording. The Pope is the "Vicar of Christ," but that does not mean "replacement." "Vicar" has never been defined, connotative or denotative, as such. This is a perfect example of utilizing a small truth and perverting it to form a false "fact." This is classic alteration/false attribution.

"Supreme Papal Authority Comes From the Law of the Caesars
September 13, 2013 at 3:24pm • Like
:" This is akin to the claim that Christianity comes from Sumerian stories. The whole "Son Saving Humanity" being linked to Sumerian worship of the "Sun saving man from darkness." It is just flimsy, without evidence, merit, or logic (addressing the claim about Sumerians). Likewise, the claim that Popes get the idea of Papal Authority from Roman Caesars is just ludicrous. There has never been any evidence of this. And the claim of authority actually originates from Scripture. If you want to make the claim that Scripture, likewise, Christ's commands and Word, bore no authority, then I can see this argument being a "logical" one, since there is no belief or authority to begin with. However, if the Bible has authority, then any doctrine arising from true rendering of Scripture, evidence by God's Eternal Word, is valid and truth. So, if you believe the Scriptures, then this argument is contradictory to Scripture. But, if you don't give authority to Christ's Word, then your point can remain valid, but that would lead to a different conversation all together.

In closing, most of your points were completely false. The few that were slightly true, were taken out of context completely, or had false projections placed on them, leading to false conclusions. I would always encourage a thorough, unbiased research. And subsequently, a brief review of any author of any research or claim always gives plenty of insight into the integrity of their published material/claims.

Here are some documents for you:
http://biblelight.net/666.htm

CherubRam

The Catholic and Hebrew Ten Commandments are easy to find in the Bible. (Deuteronomy 5). There are a clear 10 listed. The Protestant Ten is a more broken up version, chosen from the passage in Exodus 20.

The Ten Commandments

Protestant: First

Catholic: Second

Hebrew: third

1Pr. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

1Ca. I am the Lord thy God. Thou shalt not have strange gods before me.

1He. I am the Lord thy God, who brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.

2Pr.Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and (keep my commandments).

2Ca.Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.

2He.Thou shalt have no other gods before Me. Thou shalt not make unto thee a graven image, nor any manner of likeness, of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; Thou shalt not bow down unto them, nor serve them; for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate Me; And showing mercy unto the thousandth generation of them that love Me and (keep My commandments).

3Pr.Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain: for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

3Ca.Remember thou keep the Sabbath Day.

3He.Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh His name in vain.

4Pr. (Remember) the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

4Ca. Honor thy Father and thy Mother.

4He.(Remember)the sabbath day to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work. But the seventh day is the sabbath in honor of the Lord thy God; on it thou shalt not do any work, neither thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

5Pr.Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

5Ca.Thou shalt not kill.

5He.Honour thy father and thy mother in order that thy days may be prolonged upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

6Pr.Thou shalt not kill.

6Ca.Thou shalt not commit adultery.

6He.Thou shalt not kill.

7Pr.Thou shalt not commit adultery.

7Ca.Thou shalt not steal.

7He.Thou shalt not commit adultery.

8Pr.Thou shalt not steal.

8Ca.Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.

8He.Thou shalt not steal.

9Pr.Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.

9Ca.Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors wife.

9He.Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.

10Pr. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ***, nor any thing that is thy neighbor's.

10Ca.Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's goods.

10He.Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house; thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ***, nor any thing that is thy neighbor's.

Daniel 7:25. He will think to change times and laws.
Gods time and laws is the seventh day Sabbath and His commandments. Old and New Testament scripture has been changed to make people think that the commandments no longer apply.

CherubRam

Is that a dispute? Unless you go on Saturday (technically, Friday evening to Saturday evening), like a Hebrew, and are observing all Deuteronomical laws, then you are utilizing a post-Christ Sabbath. Thus, such a claim as "Catholics changing the Sabbath," bear no weight.

The papacy admits to changing the Sabbath to Sunday.

[FONT=&quot]Catholicism regarding the Sabbath[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Different statements made by Catholic clergy regarding the Sabbath. Here are some quotes with their sources:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

"It was the Catholic church which...has transferred this rest to Sunday in remembrance of the resurrection of our Lord. Therefore the observance of Sunday by the Protestants is an homage they pay, in spite of themselves, to the authority of the (Catholic) church." Monsignor Louis Segur, Plain Talk About Protestantism of Today, p. 213.

"Sunday is our mark of authority...the church is above the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact." Catholic Record of London, Ontario, September 1, 1923.

"Perhaps the boldest thing, the most revolutionary change the Church ever did, happened in the first century. The holy day, the Sabbath, was changed from Saturday to Sunday. 'The day of the Lord' was chosen, not from any direction noted in the scriptures, but from the Catholic church's sense of its own power...People who think that the scriptures should be the sole authority, should logically become 7th Day Adventists, and keep Saturday holy." St. Catherine Church Sentinel, Algonac, Michigan, May 21, 1995.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Do you pay homage to the Catholics by keeping a Sunday Sabbath?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

CherubRam

The Vatican is a place of celibacy, don't conflate the mistakes of corrupt clergyman on the Vatican :plain:

The Vatican is guilty of other things, like war and persecution.

Don't throw a grenade in the room you're in :chuckle:

We are not talking about an incident, but ongoing criminal acts.

CherubRam

Vatican City is, well, an entire city.

In fact, it's a country- the region is technically split from Rome and the Swiss Army- as devout Catholics- defend it.

Little horn. The smallest nation in the world.

Capital: Vatican City
Area: 109 acres
Founded: February 11, 1929
Currency: Euro

jsanford108

The papacy admits to changing the Sabbath to Sunday.

[FONT=&quot]Catholicism regarding the Sabbath[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Different statements made by Catholic clergy regarding the Sabbath. Here are some quotes with their sources:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

"It was the Catholic church which...has transferred this rest to Sunday in remembrance of the resurrection of our Lord. Therefore the observance of Sunday by the Protestants is an homage they pay, in spite of themselves, to the authority of the (Catholic) church." Monsignor Louis Segur, Plain Talk About Protestantism of Today, p. 213.

"Sunday is our mark of authority...the church is above the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact." Catholic Record of London, Ontario, September 1, 1923.

"Perhaps the boldest thing, the most revolutionary change the Church ever did, happened in the first century. The holy day, the Sabbath, was changed from Saturday to Sunday. 'The day of the Lord' was chosen, not from any direction noted in the scriptures, but from the Catholic church's sense of its own power...People who think that the scriptures should be the sole authority, should logically become 7th Day Adventists, and keep Saturday holy." St. Catherine Church Sentinel, Algonac, Michigan, May 21, 1995.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Do you pay homage to the Catholics by keeping a Sunday Sabbath?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

I agree that it was the biggest undertaking and most controversial "change." But like I said before, it is the Apostles who implemented this. Due to Catholicism descending from the Apostles, Catholicism take credit and responsibility for the change of day from Saturday to Sunday.

Also, your quote from "Catholic Record of London" is not an actual Catholic source. The Olde Catholic Church, found in London is not really Catholic. It came after the Reformation. Just some basic history to educate.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

CherubRam

I agree that it was the biggest undertaking and most controversial "change." But like I said before, it is the Apostles who implemented this. Due to Catholicism descending from the Apostles, Catholicism take credit and responsibility for the change of day from Saturday to Sunday.

Also, your quote from "Catholic Record of London" is not an actual Catholic source. The Olde Catholic Church, found in London is not really Catholic. It came after the Reformation. Just some basic history to educate.

Christ and the Apostles, along with the Gentile converts; they al kept the Sabbath command.

44 On the next Sabbath almost the whole city gathered to hear the word of the Lord. 45 When the Jews saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy. They began to contradict what Paul was saying and heaped abuse on him.

46 Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: “We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles. 47 For this is what the Lord has commanded us:...

48 When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.

jsanford108

Christ and the Apostles, along with the Gentile converts; they al kept the Sabbath command.

44 On the next Sabbath almost the whole city gathered to hear the word of the Lord. 45 When the Jews saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy. They began to contradict what Paul was saying and heaped abuse on him.

46 Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: “We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles. 47 For this is what the Lord has commanded us:...

48 When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.

Review my posts. I said post-Christ, aka: Post-Resurrection. Meaning the Apostles practices the Sabbath on Sundays after the Resurrection.

Historical evidence, especially Roman Empire (pagan soldiers, civilians, and members of government) sources, bear witness to this. As do letters of early Christians.

CherubRam

Review my posts. I said post-Christ, aka: Post-Resurrection. Meaning the Apostles practices the Sabbath on Sundays after the Resurrection.

Historical evidence, especially Roman Empire (pagan soldiers, civilians, and members of government) sources, bear witness to this. As do letters of early Christians.

Jonah 1:17
[ Jonah’s Prayer ] Now the Lord provided a huge fish to swallow Jonah, and Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights.

Matthew 12:40
For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Christ was buried Friday evening, the bible says so. The Sunday Sabbath has nothing to do with Christ resurrection.

jsanford108

Jonah 1:17
[ Jonah’s Prayer ] Now the Lord provided a huge fish to swallow Jonah, and Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights.

Matthew 12:40
For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Christ was buried Friday evening, the bible says so. The Sunday Sabbath has nothing to do with Christ resurrection.

So Christ didn't rise on the third day, as stated in Scripture? Interesting.

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Matthew 12 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lord of the Sabbath [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. At that time Yahshua went through the grain fields on the Sabbath. His disciples were hungry and began to pick some heads of grain and eat them. 2. When the Pharisees saw this, they said to him," Look! Your disciples are doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. He answered, "Haven't you read what David did when he and his companions were hungry? 4. He entered the house of God, and he and his companions ate the consecrated bread—which was not lawful for them to do, but only for the priests. 5. Or haven't you read in the Law that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple desecrate the day and yet are innocent? 6. I tell you that one greater than the temple is here. 7. If you had known what these words mean, 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the innocent. 8. For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath." [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Day of The Lord is Saturday according to scripture, and the disciples were not harvesting the field, but getting something to eat. Jesus said they were innocent of breaking the Sabbath commandment. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Gleaning is harvesting what is left over. The disciples were passing through the field, and they took only what they were to eat then, and nothing more. For more would have been to be harvesting the field for the gleanings.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exodus 20:8.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] "Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. [FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Revelation 10. On the Lord's Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet, 11. which said: "Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea." [FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Ezekiel 20:11. I gave them my decrees and made known to them my laws, for the man who obeys them will live by them. 12. Also I gave them my Sabbaths as a sign between us, so they would know that I the LORD made them holy.
13. " 'Yet the people of Israel rebelled against me in the desert. They did not follow my decrees but rejected my laws—although the man who obeys them will live by them—and they utterly desecrated my Sabbaths. So I said I would pour out my wrath on them and destroy them in the desert. 14. But for the sake of my name I did what would keep it from being profaned in the eyes of the nations in whose sight I had brought them out. 15. Also with uplifted hand I swore to them in the desert that I would not bring them into the land I had given them—a land flowing with milk and honey, most beautiful of all lands- 16. because they rejected my laws and did not follow my decrees and desecrated my Sabbaths. For their hearts were devoted to their idols. 17. Yet I looked on them with pity and did not destroy them or put an end to them in the desert. 18. I said to their children in the desert, "Do not follow the statutes of your fathers or keep their laws or defile yourselves with their idols. 19. I am the LORD your God; follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. 20. Keep my Sabbaths holy, that they may be a sign between us. Then you will know that I am the LORD your God." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Isaiah 8:16. Bind up the testimony
and seal up the law among my disciples.
17. I will wait for the LORD,
who is hiding his face from the house of Jacob.
I will put my trust in him.
18. Here am I, and the children the LORD has given me. We are signs and symbols in Israel from the LORD Almighty, who dwells on Mount Zion. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Deut 6:6.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
6:8. And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot][Frontlets between your eyes, is your forehead, where your memory is.][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

And so we have the commandments as a sign on our right hand, and in our foreheads. This being the seal or mark of God, His commandments, then what is the mark of that beast [nation] in the right hand and forehead? The right hand symbolizes works, and in the forehead is our memory of what we think.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Matthew 12:3. He answered, "Haven't you read what David did when he and his companions were hungry? 4. He entered the house of God, and he and his companions ate the consecrated bread—which was not lawful for them to do, but only for the priests. 5. Or haven't you read in the Law that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple desecrate the day and yet are innocent? 6. I tell you that one greater than the temple is here. 7. If you had known what these words mean, 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the innocent. 8. For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath." [FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Since the disciples were only getting something to eat, and not harvesting the field, then they were innocent. I also see scripture that says that they went to the synagogue or each other’s house on the seventh day. And Paul after preaching on the seventh day also instructs Christians to gather on the first day to do some work. So where can I find this Sunday commandment? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Romans 9:6. It is not as though God's word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel. 7. Nor because they are his descendants are they all Abraham's children. On the contrary, "It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned." 8. In other words, it is not the natural children who are God's children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham's offspring. 9. For this was how the promise was stated: "At the appointed time I will return, and Sarah will have a son." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Ephesians 2:11. Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called "uncircumcised" by those who call themselves "the circumcision" (that done in the body by the hands of men)— 12. remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. 13. But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Ephesians 3:2. Surely you have heard about the administration of God's grace that was given to me for you, 3. that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly. 4. In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5. which was not made known to men in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God's holy apostles and prophets. 6. This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

John 19:28. Later, knowing that all was now completed, and so that the Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, "I am thirsty." 29. A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus' lips. 30. When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.
31. Now it was the day of Preparation, and the next day was to be a special Sabbath[s.] Because the Jews did not want the bodies left on the crosses during the Sabbath[s,] they asked Pilate to have the legs broken and the bodies taken down. 32. The soldiers therefore came and broke the legs of the first man who had been crucified with Jesus, and then those of the other. 33. But when they came to Jesus and found that he was already dead, they did not break his legs. 34. Instead, one of the soldiers pierced Jesus' side with a spear, bringing a sudden flow of blood and water. 35. The man who saw it has given testimony, and his testimony is true. He knows that he tells the truth, and he testifies so that you also may believe. 36. These things happened so that the scripture would be fulfilled: "Not one of his bones will be broken," 37. and, as another scripture says, "They will look on the one they have pierced."

The Burial of Jesus
38. Later, Joseph of Arimathea asked Pilate for the body of Jesus. Now Joseph was a disciple of Jesus, but secretly because he feared the Jews. With Pilate's permission, he came and took the body away. 39. He was accompanied by Nicodemus, the man who earlier had visited Jesus at night. Nicodemus brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about seventy-five pounds. 40. Taking Jesus' body, the two of them wrapped it, with the spices, in strips of linen. This was in accordance with Jewish burial customs. 41. At the place where Jesus was crucified, there was a garden, and in the garden a new tomb, in which no one had ever been laid. 42. Because it was the Jewish day of Preparation and since the tomb was nearby, they laid Jesus there. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Luke 23:55. The women who had come with Jesus from Galilee followed Joseph and saw the tomb and how his body was laid in it. 56. Then they went home and prepared spices and perfumes. But they rested on the Sabbath in obedience to the commandment. [FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

The first day of the week is Sunday, but the first day of the week after the Sabbath is Monday. In keeping that commandment they did not go to attend Yahshua's grave on Sunday. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Before the lunar calendar was introduced in 167 BC, the Feast of Bread was always on the first day, Sunday. [FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

The Feast of Bread. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Levticus 23:7.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] On the first day hold a sacred assembly and do no regular work. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

jsanford108

Three days and nights is after Monday evening.

So you are saying He rose on the fourth day.

Also, your very last quote, from Leviticus proves Sunday to be an acceptable Sabbath ("the first day of the week was Sunday;" your words not mine)

CherubRam

So you are saying He rose on the fourth day.

Also, your very last quote, from Leviticus proves Sunday to be an acceptable Sabbath ("the first day of the week was Sunday;" your words not mine)

That particular Sunday no work was to be done. That means the women would not have attended his grave or body.

Luke 23:55. The women who had come with Jesus from Galilee followed Joseph and saw the tomb and how his body was laid in it. 56. Then they went home and prepared spices and perfumes. But they rested on the Sabbath in obedience to the commandment.