Funny and tragic...televangelists / Scamgelists

6days

Reasons Copeland and other televangelists claim they need private jets.
1. They can’t stand up on a commercial flight and talk to God out loud.

2. Commercial planes are long tubes filled with demons.

3. & 4. They’re too famous and people might ask them to pray for them.

5. The world is dying around us and the only way to get there is by private planes.
http://www.crosswalk.com/blogs/christian-trends/5-reasons-a-televangelist-needs-private-plane.html

Perhaps the question should be..... Are there any televangelists who are not scammers?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

5. The world is dying around us and the only way to get there is by private planes.
http://www.crosswalk.com/blogs/christian-trends/5-reasons-a-televangelist-needs-private-plane.html

Perhaps the question should be..... Are there any televangelists who are not scammers?

I can't believe how successful they are, I could see they were scams when I was 8 years old and ever since. There are so many that fall for their fluff it's scary. I should practice my preaching skills and go on TV

glorydaz

I don't know of any, but I do understand why they have an audience. People are afraid and without hope in this world. :sigh:

Robert Pate

Banned

see, http://www.ministrywatch.com

Be sure to watch the 20/20 video.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear 6days,

I think they do it because they want more ease of traveling. They'd rather not take first class, like some of us. It's not good enough for them. And they really should not want to appear rich. Wow! What a message that is for them to send. I think they are just spoiled.

Michael

Daniel1769

Almost every single TV preacher I have ever seen personally is a heretic. Actually, the only TV preach I have personally watched that I never heard say anything heretical is Charles Stanley, and he isn't a prosperity preacher.

Joel Osteen, Joyce Myer, Copeland, Jakes, Creflo, Hinn...you name the prosperity preacher, they're an agent of Satan.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't know of any, but I do understand why they have an audience. People are afraid and without hope in this world. :sigh:
Some truth in that.
Folks will grasp for just about anything when they are afraid.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Excuses for having multi-million dollar personal jets:

1) They are full of dope filled passengers.
2) They are filled to the cockpit with demons.
3) Too many people want these "Special" guys/Gals to pray for them.
4) They don't have anything higher than 1st class for them.
5) There's no lobster, caviar, and pheasant under glass served.
6) They don't have pool tables and masseuse's aboard.
7) No gold and silver slippers.
8) No choir is present.
9) No Olympic size pool and Jacuzzi's.
10) No three ring circus.

musterion

I don't think they count as televangelists in that sense, but Charles Stanley, Jack Van Impe, and the late Adrian Rogers and D. James Kennedy come to mind. Wherever we might or might not disagree with them, they were sincere.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
I don't think they count as televangelists in that sense, but Charles Stanley, Jack Van Impe, and the late Adrian Rogers and D. James Kennedy come to mind. Wherever we might or might not disagree with them, they were sincere.

Heard a preacher man talkin' on T.V.

Puttin' down Rock n Roll.

Wants me tuh send a donation cause he's a worried 'bout my soul.

He said Jesus walked on the water and I know that is true.

Sometimes I think that preacher man would like to do a little walkin' too.:luigi:

Hedshaker

Of course they must have their private jets, poor dears. Private jets are clearly a basic necessity for the important work they do. Some people see them as greedy, that they should restrict themselves to only two or three jets and only one privately owned landing strip.

Well that's just jealousy in my book. We should organise a forum whip round. Those jets aren't cheap to run you know?

Jeep

Almost every single TV preacher I have ever seen personally is a heretic. Actually, the only TV preach I have personally watched that I never heard say anything heretical is Charles Stanley, and he isn't a prosperity preacher.

Joel Osteen, Joyce Myer, Copeland, Jakes, Creflo, Hinn...you name the prosperity preacher, they're an agent of Satan.

Joel Osteen, Joyce Myer, Copeland, Jakes, Creflo, Hinn...you name the prosperity preacher, they're an agent of Satan.[/QUOTE]

I have to give Joyce a little credit here. I used to DVR her shows, and have to admit, she got me back into the Bible. I got her book, "Change your words, Change your life", and a couple other books and cd's.

I haven't read/listened to her in a while, as I have moved on. But read just today about Shai Linne and his rap song about Fal$e Teachers, and she was mentioned in his song. I read his comments about the song and he said, "[they are] always centered on self as though God existed for us, not the other way around".

Made me think....

But just had to give Joyce cred for getting me back into the Bible...

musterion

If memory serves she was, at one time at least, in the name it/claim it clan. So why'd she have surgery for cancer?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Mat 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
Mat 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
Mat 24:8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.
Mat 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
Mat 24:10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
Mat 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
Mat 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Mat 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
Mat 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

LA

musterion

Mat 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
Mat 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
Mat 24:8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.
Mat 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
Mat 24:10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
Mat 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
Mat 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Mat 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
Mat 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

LA

Are you daring to touch God's anointed?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Heard a preacher man talkin' on T.V.

Puttin' down Rock n Roll.

Wants me tuh send a donation cause he's a worried 'bout my soul.

He said Jesus walked on the water and I know that is true.

Sometimes I think that preacher man would like to do a little walkin' too.:luigi:

:singer: Sing it Charlie!!

"....but Iyain't askin' nobudy for nuthin'....

if I cayn't git it on mah own.

If you don like the way I'ma livin'

ya just leave this long hayerd cuntry boy 'lone!"

Maybe back before Ol' Charlie was saved but I liked singing it with my dad when I was little. Shared some memories and sang it with him just a few days ago in fact.

(Sorry, just had to jump in on that one. Now back to your regularly scheduled wicked, greedy, televangelist bashing program.)