Since You have entered my Heart
I know no pleasure that doesn’t come from
my peace of Being
I know no music that doesn’t rise from
the silence within

As if I died and was reborn yesterday
Now that I’ve been kissed from within

~*~*~

The music and song is from a group devoted and affiliated with the advaita teacher Mooji. I recommend his simple pointing to the one changeless, timeless presence that is our own innate awareness, that 'light' of being, being the divinity that we are, prior to and beyond all egoic identification or attachment to thoughts or objects. We are that pure awareness. This is understood in the statement 'I am that' (tat tvam asi). This is the recognition that one is the pure light of being and consciousness in its essential nature, the very light that pervades and gives rise to consciousness itself. When the awareness of being itself is allowed to outshine all appareances,...then it alone is recognized as what alone is REAL...no matter what comes or goes in the field of consciousness. This is pronounced in its most direct clarity in the name of God meaning "I Am", since it is the direct realization of existence, which springs from an even prior and original reality that allows individual being to arise, so that it can identify itself. In this case, it is the pure awareness out of which arises consciousness in all its forms, in its duality relationship of the 'observer' and the 'observed'. The prior original reality from which consciousness arises, is the native reality from which all else springs, that alone that is absolute, unchanging, timeless, infinite. To awaken to that.....is the experience of being kissed within. Love itself is ever eternal/infinite,...yet the 'kiss' within is re-membering of that love, which makes whole again.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Terms of discussion............

Terms of discussion............

Freelight, you best heed Sherman's warning about the Chatbox. Nobody is interested in the "Junk" you're pushing, pal.

Does being an internet bully boost your self-esteem?

But seriously GM,

As far as Sherman's 'warning' it just reflects her own insecurities and antagonisms towards 'spiritualist philosophy (although resorting to call my insights 'garbage' is pretty low on the bar IMO, particular for a moderator), as I simply answered a question put to me in the Chatbox, and have full right of speech to answer it and engage the dialogue :thumb: I'm also at full liberty here, in my own threads and in the public forum itself to freely share my point of views and commentary, as I have done here since 2003 :) And I shall continue to do so, holding my own quite nicely thank you. freelight is known for his universal synthesis of ideas, liberal theology and eclectic approach to religious subjects....and more :angel: - your judgments about me are not accurate, because you don't fully know me. Hence some assumptions are laden with 'ignorance' and 'presumption'...naturally. I've had a history of 7 years here before you even registered here. You are wrong to assume I'm just about the Urantia Book(UB), it just happens to be one of the religious books among others that I find interesting, and enjoy using it as a springboard for discussion in the UB thread. You haven't a clue of who I Am or what I'm about. So stop it.

A 'pal' is someone who has mutual respect for the other, and does not marginalize, belittle, put down or bully that person. It might be advantageous for you to recognize that, and then practice an 'ethic' befitting a so called 'Christian', since 'God' is watching your behavior and seeing HOW you treat your fellow man. Did you ever consider that? How we treat others is what we are graded by and judged upon, since the golden rule is universal, - we all reap what we sow, and what we put out, affects us back...for better or for worse. All is depedent on the nature and character of our relationships. This is what life is about.

Anways, as you might be able to see, I've many wonderful subjects and topics to research, explore and comment upon, since life is an ever unfolding JOURNEY. Its too short to engage in the pettiness of buffoonery, idiocy, intolerance, ignorance or bigotry, or any other activity that is condescending, spiteful or demeaning. Love edifies, it does not de-value, disgrace or tear down. Did you know that 'God' is LOVE ? Are you loving your fellow man? Are you sharing love and respect to others? Are your words constructive, edifying, life enhancing, inspiring, encouraging? Do you think you know all there is to know about the INFINITE ? Do you feel religiously superior to anyone else because of your personal belief-system?

How about a real respectful discussion, or actual 'creative dialogue'? Are you capable of that? If you are, you'll prove it, by your actions. Anyways, time to get back to serving and enjoying fellowship at the cosmic café :coffee: If you will abide by the courtesy rules of the establishment, you're welcome to stay (this also covers your demeanor and behavior in other threads).

Last edited:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Segways in the Matrix.......

Segways in the Matrix.......

Updates -

View attachment 25103

Recent discussion of Unitarian and Trinitarian viewpoints of whether Jesus is 'God' or just the 'Son of God',...and any variations inbetween, as per various Christological debates over the centuries continue to extend into today.

~*~*~

Contributions shared in these threads below supporting a more Unitarian perspective, which I assume purposely for positional reference and contrast -

I begin here on JS's 'Jesus Christ is God Almighty, Jehovah' thread addressing John 20:28 and more.

I begin here on TrevorL's 'John 10:30 – Jesus is The Son of God' thread, taking on various Trinitarian assumptions.

I begin here on Kingdom Rose's 'Jesus SEPARATE from Jehovah; calls Jehovah "my God." thread.....

I begin here on JS's 'The Meaning of the term "Son of God" thread.......

So,....lots of old Unitarian/Trinitarian viewpoint discussions. As usual while I may favor any one perspective at any given time, 'creative dialogue' and 'expansion of consciousness' are my primary goals in engaging dialogue, per my usual custom.

I will soon as time affords do more research and commentary on a UB (Urantia Book) Christology, which we've already touched on in the UB thread, the main differences being the UB holds a more extensive concept of what it calls the 'Paradise Trinity', which includes the Universal Father, Eternal Son and Infinite Spirit,......while Jesus is Not the 'Eternal Son' in this original Godhead, but is a 'Creator Son', an order of divine Sons who are the offspring of the Universal Father and Eternal Son,....Creator-Sons are those who go forth from Paradise and create the universes(worlds) of space and time, allowing God to expand the horizons and potentials of infinite will and creativity thru-out the cosmos, wherein God actually expands and experiences his unlimited potential in the evolving worlds of space, and this evolving expanding aspect of Creator and Creation is called 'God the Supreme', or 'The Supreme Being', being the ever unfolding evolving 'God'. There are many other interesting details of course in these wonderful relationships and cosmic interactions described extensively in the papers. I touch on this endeavor on this page here :)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Freedom to CHOOSE............

Freedom to CHOOSE............

~*~*~

Hi all,

Just cross referencing some of my former posts on 'free will' and the great discourses on the subject of 'freedom of choice' expounded on in the Urantia Book - see here :thumb: (follow all links)

Last edited:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Updates.............

Updates.............

Updates in dialogue -

Engaging AMR here and here on 'free will', and challenging the concept of 'preterition' (meaning to pass by or over persons, abandoning them to their own sinful devices without bestowing salvation, even denying them the opportunity, not from their own choice, but by God's decree).

Continuing to explore the concept of 'free will' here contextualizing within a Urantia Book cosmology as well. In my free will studies I try to consider/include all pertinent/possible views. The UB actually incorporates a wonderful view on free will (elements of both Open Theism and Process Theology with its own innovations), holding individual free will as 'sovereign' as it determines individual destiny, and this in no way annuls or over-rides God's Sovereignty in any matter, except on this point of soteriology, which God has by his own decree established! - therefore free will is sovereign regarding individual destiny, the complete opposite of that which is proposed in Calvinism. God's ultimate sovereign will reigns in the Universal and Total...even though some individual units or souls may choose to forfeit survival, choosing death (disintegration) thereby being absorbed back into the Universal Spirit, or OverSoul of Creation. (there are wonderful descriptions of this 'process' or reabsorption, or disintegration back into the primal elements, and which parts of an unsurviving soul is preserved or fully terminated).

There is always more....see posts archive :)

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Updates in dialogue -

Engaging AMR here and here on 'free will', and challenging the concept of 'preterition' (meaning to pass by or over persons, abandoning them to their own sinful devices without bestowing salvation, even denying them the opportunity, not from their own choice, but by God's decree).

Continuing to explore the concept of 'free will' here contextualizing within a Urantia Book cosmology as well. In my free will studies I try to consider/include all pertinent/possible views. The UB actually incorporates a wonderful view on free will (elements of both Open Theism and Process Theology with its own innovations), holding individual free will as 'sovereign' as it determines individual destiny, and this in no way annuls or over-rides God's Sovereignty in any matter, except on this point of soteriology, which God has by his own decree established! - therefore free will is sovereign regarding individual destiny, the complete opposite of that which is proposed in Calvinism. God's ultimate sovereign will reigns in the Universal and Total...even though some individual units or souls may choose to forfeit survival, choosing death (disintegration) thereby being absorbed back into the Universal Spirit, or OverSoul of Creation. (there are wonderful descriptions of this 'process' or reabsorption, or disintegration back into the primal elements, and which parts of an unsurviving soul is preserved or fully terminated).

There is always more....see posts archive :)

Are you sure you have the "freewill" to do so?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Synergy.............

Synergy.............

Are you sure you have the "freewill" to do so?

As I survey the great debate and development of 'free will' and 'grace' in the history of the church, a wonderful adventure it is. While the whole gamut and spectrum of so called 'heresies' have risen, and an orthodox solution or assumptions affirmed by the church-power that be (those in place at any given time of course, having the power to enforce anything)...I see that a 'synergestic' cooperation between the soul and grace is most rational and experientially affirmed, that at least a preveneint grace ever underlies or accompanies the soul in its movement Godward, while a genuine freedom of choice exists for the soul thru-out, no matter what influencing factors are in place, whether inwardly or outwardly.

Contentions have mostly been on the extreme ends of full human effort being efficacious without any aid of grace, to the full overpowering of God alone being the initiator and mover of the soul in its obeying of the Spirit, with different variance or cooperative actions inbetween, so there, so much splitting hairs going on, as far as how we define our terms and meanings. We are also at last after the heap of words and their directives wondering if all this even matters, except to satisfy our conscience in coming to some rational philosophical understanding of the whole PROCESS. - and if it is a 'process', this infers some 'co-creative' operation at work between personalities. - while all that exists is brought into being by God, and allowed by God,...our context is certainly monergistic (since 'God' alone is the sole orgin, substrate and context of existence and all its potentials/possibilieies). - but the interactivity of souls inter-relating MUST by inter-active FUNCTION be 'synergestic',...or we can dismiss any free enterprise of real 'relating' on any level whatsoever between persons, and our concept of 'covenantal relationship' is mere fancy. As a final note on this thought, I see 'synergy' :)

View attachment 25323

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
You, as pure awareness......

You, as pure awareness......

A wonderful meditation to point our attention to the source of mind, the source and context of all that exists, all that is.

Mooji is a wonderful teacher in the Advaita (Non-duality) tradition.

Here, one identifies only as the 'atman' (soul) who is already one with 'Brahman' (the Universal Infinite Supreme Spirit, Pure Awareness prior to words, space, time or conception).

In due time I may create a new 'non-dualism' thread :)

In the meantime, abide as pure awareness....sat-chit-ananda (existence, consciousness, bliss).

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

A wonderful meditation to point our attention to the source of mind, the source and context of all that exists, all that is.

Mooji is a wonderful teacher in the Advaita (Non-duality) tradition.

Here, one identifies only as the 'atman' (soul) who is already one with 'Brahman' (the Universal Infinite Supreme Spirit, Pure Awareness prior to words, space, time or conception).

In due time I may create a new 'non-dualism' thread :)

In the meantime, abide as pure awareness....sat-chit-ananda (existence, consciousness, bliss).

[MENTION=1746]freelight[/MENTION]

I came here to publicly proclaim that you are my friend and brother.

God bless you and forever shine through you.

Revealing.

LA

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Agape......

Agape......

Revealing.

LA

It is :)

Jesus said in at least 3 places in John,

“A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you.

This I command you, that you love one another.

And also in 1 John -

"Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love."

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Updates in dialogue............

Updates in dialogue............

~*~*~

Hi all,

Recent posts -

Elohim, a plural unity

Infinity

Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo
(beautiful mantra-prayer)

Among some current readings: The Aquarian Gospel of Jesus the Christ

Subjects: karma among the different world religions and faith-schools, free will and predestination, infinity, Unitarian/Trinitarian viewpoints, Panentheism, expanding consciousness, general metaphysics, Theosophy, The Violet Flame,.......

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The Fatherhood of God, Brotherhood of Man.....

The Fatherhood of God, Brotherhood of Man.....

[MENTION=1746]freelight[/MENTION]

I came here to publicly proclaim that you are my friend and brother.

God bless you and forever shine through you.

Thank you EE,

As you know, my views on religious philosophy, theology, metaphysics, ethics, cosmology, science (all schools) align with what I perceive as universal, cosmic truths and principles. Our agreements happen to be in some of these universal truths and values, such as love, equity, justice, mercy, faith, truth, beauty, goodness, kindness, gentleness and other precepts that are both good, moral, exemplary and beneficial to all men.

We may have differences in some belief-concepts, world view, particulars here and there, but on some universal we agree. Friendship however has to do with valuing the god-presence(spirit) and potential in each soul, regardless of their 'religious beliefs' or lack thereof. Loving others has nothing to do with a definition, label, image or assumption about a person, but seeing them for who they are in reality. This mutual respect is the basis of brotherhood, as we recognize 'God' as our FATHER.

Namaste.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Music for the spirit.........

Music for the spirit.........

A beautiful Sikh mantra and chant, sung by Singh Kaur with Kim Robertson on harp, part of the Crimson Series recordings -

Vol. 1 Guru Ram Das (For Protection)
The chant Guru Ram Das has the power to induce a healing state of consciousness. In the ancient scriptures, it is said to strengthen the connection with the inner spirit and to develop a sense of purpose and guidance. The majestic orchestral quality of this album includes French horns and plucked strings underlying the rich vocals and Celtic harp. This is the most instrumentally rich of the Crimson Collection.

Mantra: Guru Ram Das Mantra

Complete Mantra:

Guru Guru Wahe Guru, Guru Ram Das Guru

Language: Gurmukhi
Source: Dream with Guru Ram Das Ji
Author: Yogi Bhajan

Translation:

Guru - teacher or guide that brings one from the darkness to the light.
Wahe - exclamation of ecstacy like ''WOW!''
Ram Das - literally translates as "God's Servant",
but also refers to Guru Ram Das, the Fourth Guru of the Sikhs
More Information:
This mantra was given to Yogi Bhajan by Guru Ram Das in His astral self. As Guru Ram Das, the fourth Guru of the Sikhs, was known for humility and healing abilities this mantra is also known for its healing qualities and for imparting humility to the one who chants it.

This mantra relates directly to healing and protective energy represented by Guru Ram Das. The mantra is comprised of two parts. The first part is a nirgun mantra (Guru Guru Wahe Guru). This projects the mind to the source of knowledge and ecstasy. The second part is a sirgun mantra (Guru Ram Das Guru). This means the wisdom that comes as a servant of the infinite. It is the mantra of humility. It reconnects the experience of the finite to infinity.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
[MENTION=1746]freelight[/MENTION] ...

Here I am. I will level with you. I had to become a spiritual being through the leveling of life, before I could even begin to hear the "still small voice of God" in my life. My soul became thirsty beyond description and I drank anything "spiritual" that I could lay my hands on. I wasn't quenched until I understood Jesus Christ as the genuine revelation of God.

This is where I explain to you that I have always sensed the Spirit of God within people that have absolutely zero doctrine or biblical understanding. There was a dogmatic part of my life, where I tried to force scripture on Atheists, but I was always met with hostility! When I became "Dead", but "Alive by Him within, alone", I was overwhelmed with a sense of connection and spiritual Love that transcended anything I had ever understood.

Every human being became a "Child of God", in my eyes. I still see this. But... after much honesty with myself and God, study, prayer and searching, I understand that many people Hate God! They literally loath life and carry hate within their heart. These people manifest this in many different ways... but these are the ones that I am certain will literally attempt to "Kill God", when He returns in "Spiritual Flesh".

This is most painful, because I know that all who understand HIS infinite LOVE desire that NONE should PERISH, but have ETERNITY. This is my introduction to you as a spiritually focused being, indwelled by our Majestic Creator. (Col. 1:15)

I do proclaim that Jesus is the fullness of God and all will confess Him as such, but I am here to strip away my dogma and sincerely express many of the (Indescribable things) that I have been accumulating since He truly opened my eyes. I'm not ready to discuss other concepts of the definition of God at this moment... but I am opening up to speaking with you about the Meta-Physical concepts of Life that surround us and dwell within people that even claim to deny God.

I would like to submit a quote from an interesting fellow and see if you can grab it and start kicking this discussion ball back and forth. I'll link an odd quote to two scriptures and see if it spurs you to "Create" something that we can expound on...

“You are wrong if you think Joy emanates only or principally from human relationships. God has placed it all around us. It is everything and anything we might experience. We just have to have the courage to turn against out habitual lifestyle and engage in unconventional living.”

― Alexander Supertramp Chris McCandless

Parallel this to... (Ps. 8:3 and Dt. 4:19)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Cosmos disciple......

Cosmos disciple......

[MENTION=1746]freelight[/MENTION] ...

Here I am. I will level with you. I had to become a spiritual being through the leveling of life, before I could even begin to hear the "still small voice of God" in my life. My soul became thirsty beyond description and I drank anything "spiritual" that I could lay my hands on. I wasn't quenched until I understood Jesus Christ as the genuine revelation of God.

This is where I explain to you that I have always sensed the Spirit of God within people that have absolutely zero doctrine or biblical understanding. There was a dogmatic part of my life, where I tried to force scripture on Atheists, but I was always met with hostility! When I became "Dead", but "Alive by Him within, alone", I was overwhelmed with a sense of connection and spiritual Love that transcended anything I had ever understood.

Every human being became a "Child of God", in my eyes. I still see this. But... after much honesty with myself and God, study, prayer and searching, I understand that many people Hate God! They literally loath life and carry hate within their heart. These people manifest this in many different ways... but these are the ones that I am certain will literally attempt to "Kill God", when He returns in "Spiritual Flesh".

One Great Central Sun,...many rays of that Infinite One. The Sun and its rays are one, as in essence and energy. Variations of substance and form derive therefrom in extending creation.

This is most painful, because I know that all who understand HIS infinite LOVE desire that NONE should PERISH, but have ETERNITY. This is my introduction to you as a spiritually focused being, indwelled by our Majestic Creator. (Col. 1:15)

Indeed, only the Spirit is Life. Spirit is our life-bread, blood, wine, milk and meat :) The bread comes down from heaven, and nourishes our soul-body, as life-giving spirit.

I do proclaim that Jesus is the fullness of God and all will confess Him as such, but I am here to strip away my dogma and sincerely express many of the (Indescribable things) that I have been accumulating since He truly opened my eyes. I'm not ready to discuss other concepts of the definition of God at this moment... but I am opening up to speaking with you about the Meta-Physical concepts of Life that surround us and dwell within people that even claim to deny God.

Excellent,....words can only represent, point to or describe some thing or being. When human words and concepts are applied to the infinite, they can only at best approximate some symbolic representation. In the pure essence and glory of Spirit, words fail, concepts and even images are outshined in the LIGHT of the INFINITE. In the most pure essence of Deity, there is pure Spirit, incorporeal, beyond words, space, time, all-radiant BEING. - and of course, these words barely touch the reality itself, whose glory is Self-evident as the One I AM. - this light of consciousness is within all sentient beings, mirrored in the soul of man, whose glory the Messiah further awakens, reveals and resurrects within us. 'Christ in you, the hope of glory'. - the image/likeness/glory of God restored in Man, as the New Man, archetyped as the Adam-Kadmon.

As shared before,...I have always honored the 'Christ' and the Lord Jesus but do not limit or pigeonhole him into any one given Christological mold, because he has been wondrous in many different modes and models, to which I've discovered and explored, and continue to hold being the WAY, in many different facets and tones, to the glory of The Universal Father, and even our Divine Mother as well :) - being eclectic and already having tasted something of the cosmic and infinite, I could not diminish the scope and manifold gnosis to any one given concept-frame, tradition or cult-ure, but will for the sake of communicating employ those terms and meanings that apply ;)

I would like to submit a quote from an interesting fellow and see if you can grab it and start kicking this discussion ball back and forth. I'll link an odd quote to two scriptures and see if it spurs you to "Create" something that we can expound on...

“You are wrong if you think Joy emanates only or principally from human relationships. God has placed it all around us. It is everything and anything we might experience. We just have to have the courage to turn against out habitual lifestyle and engage in unconventional living.”

― Alexander Supertramp Chris McCandless

Parallel this to... (Ps. 8:3 and Dt. 4:19)

I say glory to Cosmos! Because the cosmos is the radiant ever evolving/expanding body of the Creator, his physical habitation as it were,..so that all universes within the Grand Universe proclaims and testifies by its very existence, the glory of the Creator and his logos (this correlates to the creative word, sound, principle, ordering intelligence found in other religious traditions as well).

I think a study of astrology in the right way and understanding may give some insight into the nature of the cosmos, and the great OverSoul of all things and beings,....the nature, pattern of the divine psyche archetyping itself in the soul of man, who is but a microcosm of the Great macrocosm, holding to the esoteric idiom of "as above, so below"....."as within, so without" :) - this has been an axiom of the secret wisdom teaching of old,....the occult teaching of the universal science,....since various dualities reflect the greater unity of the One (as in 'dialectical monism'), as it reflects itself in nature, in various phenomena.

Most important I believe is the concept of 'Original Blessing'.....NOT 'original sin', a destructive doctrine which has impoverished man....to the point of concepts of 'total depravity'. Man has a disposition towards both good and evil, and has the power to attain the good and choose the higher Path, by divine grace and empowerment. This is our course,...to embody and hold the Christ-way, to live it....to be it. Jesus instruction to "be perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect" still holds, and he meant being perfect in our loving of others. - Matt. 5: 43-48 It is the embodying and serving of this love, by which we are made perfect thru the loving of OUR Heavenly Father.

Last edited:

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
First and foremost... I have delayed answering because I wanted to convey my sincere responses. I appreciate your response and the opportunity to share here.

One Great Central Sun,...many rays of that Infinite One. The Sun and its rays are one, as in essence and energy. Variations of substance and form derive therefrom in extending creation.

In this "Light" ... your words resonate with the book of Ecclesiastes. Solomon uses the phrase "under the Sun". I see the Sun as a typification of ... the SON. As I understand the SON through scripture... (you know me... 66 ball and chain man to the death...), He is the literal Presence of the Father. We know that the Father or Spirit is invisible and everywhere that is anywhere and beyond. You are full aware that I even see Him as beyond time. This is why the SON is typified by the Sun, in my mind. Without the sun... there is no warmth. Without the sun, the green pastures fade and wither. Without the sun, we are depleted of chemicals in our very bodies that bring joy and contentment. Without the sun, our very solar system would be chaos. Without the sun, the coldness and ice of a freeze would never melt. Without the sun, food would become non existent.

When you say many rays, one sun... I think of the "way". Life goes forward in all beings, but one day... they will meet the Son. Everyone will know the presence of God and its name. I will come clean..l I do not believe that religions can Co-Exist. I believe people can Co-exist... but it is the very "Mouth" of God that laid the foundation for peace among men. I think to Acts when Paul starts out by pointing to an alter that says to and unknown God. Jesus did this very thing towards the woman at the well, also. He said... paraphrasing... we Jews know who we worship, but you Samaritans don't. Then... He says a time is coming when all will worship in Spirit and Truth... this ties into a verse... that says... paraphrasing... As the Wind blows so is the Spirit... no man knows where it blows to or who it is on. This is deeply meaningful to me because I had to let go of all my preconceptions and Love all people as they are. When I did this... scripture started coming to me and I had a sense of utter peace that was overwhelming.

The bottom line... Mankind has forever attempted to be like God, instead of glorying that He alone is God and divine. When we realize this... it levels us to realize that we are all hurtling towards physical death at the same speed... and we are all precious children in His site!

Indeed, only the Spirit is Life. Spirit is our life-bread, blood, wine, milk and meat :) The bread comes down from heaven, and nourishes our soul-body, as life-giving spirit.

Amen!!!!

Excellent,....words can only represent, point to or describe some thing or being. When human words and concepts are applied to the infinite, they can only at best approximate some symbolic representation. In the pure essence and glory of Spirit, words fail, concepts and even images are outshined in the LIGHT of the INFINITE. In the most pure essence of Deity, there is pure Spirit, incorporeal, beyond words, space, time, all-radiant BEING. - and of course, these words barely touch the reality itself, whose glory is Self-evident as the One I AM. - this light of consciousness is within all sentient beings, mirrored in the soul of man, whose glory the Messiah further awakens, reveals and resurrects within us. 'Christ in you, the hope of glory'. - the image/likeness/glory of God restored in Man, as the New Man, archetyped as the Adam-Kadmon.

I will be sincere. I don't believe I will ever Love as He loves and I know I fall short every day... Even in eternity... He will be perfect, but I will only be perfectly loved... I'm not limiting my fate in Him... I'm just saying I will always delicate myself before Him. I see myself as dead in the flesh right now. I'm awaiting that 1st Co. 15 Body that the Holy Spirit of Jesus seals us towards. I imagine and I ponder... I wonder what a world of eternal peace will be! I wonder if we'll be able to BASE jump and fly without any gear. I wonder if I could run into a mountain at 150 miles per an hour and simply dent the mountain, but pick myself up... laugh and keep exploring, while full of joy and wonder!

As shared before,...I have always honored the 'Christ' and the Lord Jesus but do not limit or pigeonhole him into any one given Christological mold, because he has been wondrous in many different modes and models, to which I've discovered and explored, and continue to hold being the WAY, in many different facets and tones, to the glory of The Universal Father, and even our Divine Mother as well :) - being eclectic and already having tasted something of the cosmic and infinite, I could not diminish the scope and manifold gnosis to any one given concept-frame, tradition or cult-ure, but will for the sake of communicating employ those terms and meanings that apply ;)

I will share the story that I'm certain you have read many times over that changed my perception for life and impacted the way I express spiritual matters.

Spoiler
I'm paraphrasing... but basically... there is a circular gathering of holy men from all different religions that are sitting next to a mountain. They are deep in discussion about themselves and spiritual things. They share secrets of how they get closer to God and how they strive to please Him with there lives. They discuss karma, light, dark, death, rebirth, food, mystic books and many other things that were deep and grand.

A little boy passes them by and listens in. He hears them talking about God and his face lights up. He keeps trying to get their attention, but they are so deep in dialogue that they can't hear him. He finally walks through the circle and points to the top of the mountain.

Every man shuts up and gazes. He, the little boy, said... "You all want to meet God and discuss how wonderful He is. You see Him as if He were at the peak of that massive mountain and you are all so excited to meet Him and be like Him. But you know in your soul that no one is Like Him. You all speak of the elephant and how each of you has a different part of the elephant in your hands.

What if God came down from that mountain to us and embraced us as we are, though we can never be like Him."

The men clambered and smiled. The Dali Lama spoke for all of the men and said... "that would be wonderful!"

The little boy grinned from ear to ear and excitedly said... "Jesus... Jesus... Jesus"

I say glory to Cosmos! Because the cosmos is the radiant ever evolving/expanding body of the Creator, his physical habitation as it were,..so that all universes within the Grand Universe proclaims and testifies by its very existence, the glory of the Creator and his logos (this correlates to the creative word, sound, principle, ordering intelligence found in other religious traditions as well).

I deeply believe that all creation is like a finger pointing us home... but I see it all as ephemeral and pale... grey almost... when next to the very Glory of the Father. Every beautiful thing about this cosmos reminds me of Him. I genuinely believe that Jesus is the very presence of the Father. Though... the Father cannot be seen, but when we see the Son... we are seeing the Father. Everything that surrounds us points to the Son. The thing is... we are told that the Son is the Creator... To think that the very hands that made everything were nailed to a cross by His cherished Creation blows my mind. This is the most Spiritual event in all of history. We indeed serve an Infinite Creator that is crowned with Love and Humility!

I think a study of astrology in the right way and understanding may give some insight into the nature of the cosmos, and the great OverSoul of all things and beings,....the nature, pattern of the divine psyche archetyping itself in the soul of man, who is but a microcosm of the Great macrocosm, holding to the esoteric idiom of "as above, so below"....."as within, so without" :) - this has been an axiom of the secret wisdom teaching of old,....the occult teaching of the universal science,....since various dualities reflect the greater unity of the One (as in 'dialectical monism'), as it reflects itself in nature, in various phenomena.

I cannot deny that understanding God's Love has changed me. But... I count it all loss. Sometimes... I cry because I want to hug Him and say thank you. I want to see His face and hear His voice. I want to sit down and listen to Him teach. I want to be enveloped by His every word and lost His infinite TRUTH. Imagine listening to Him teaching us the secrets of the cosmos and what it all means! An eternity won't be enough!!! :D

Most important I believe is the concept of 'Original Blessing'.....NOT 'original sin', a destructive doctrine which has impoverished man....to the point of concepts of 'total depravity'. Man has a disposition towards both good and evil, and has the power to attain the good and choose the higher Path, by divine grace and empowerment. This is our course,...to embody and hold the Christ-way, to live it....to be it. Jesus instruction to "be perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect" still holds, and he meant being perfect in our loving of others. - Matt. 5: 43-48 It is the embodying and serving of this love, by which we are made perfect thru the loving of OUR Heavenly Father.

I understand what you mean very clearly. In the light of "original sin"... Man must de-elevate himself before God. In the wonder that He that deserves all worship is eager to laugh and speak with us.. even... break bread and drink of the fruit of the vine with us... how can we not be infused with a Love we don't understand!

The Doctrine of original sin is a point of view that provides a necessary truth. All who come before God must know He has no equal. This is because all who are embraced by God are treated as equal, by God. When I worked with troubled youth for a time... the humble ones could be treated as friends and maintained a listening ear. Those that constantly desired to undermine me and usurp my authority were deaf to any words I spoke. I was constantly having to be stern with, forgive and continually be difficult with these youth that cloaked their pain in pride.

The humble were empty of pride and I could rely on them to assist with the others. Original sin is a doctrine that attempts to convey this... but it bares some teachings that distort matters in the way of God's character and our being. I didn't learn to Love myself until I learned how much God Loves me. I profess that I am "evil", but I don't question that we are very valuable to God and thus... our value is in the Infinite.

Infinite Revealer of our value, He is...

:D

One final note... your use of scripture is beautiful! I won't ever be perfect in Love as Him... but I do my level best to extend the Grace He drowns me in towards others....

- Evil.Eye.<(PW)>

Last edited:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Returning to God, the 'I AM'.................

Returning to God, the 'I AM'.................

First and foremost... I have delayed answering because I wanted to convey my sincere responses. I appreciate your response and the opportunity to share here.

In this "Light" ... your words resonate with the book of Ecclesiastes. Solomon uses the phrase "under the Sun". I see the Sun as a typification of ... the SON. As I understand the SON through scripture... (you know me... 66 ball and chain man to the death...), He is the literal Presence of the Father. We know that the Father or Spirit is invisible and everywhere that is anywhere and beyond. You are full aware that I even see Him as beyond time. This is why the SON is typified by the Sun, in my mind. Without the sun... there is no warmth. Without the sun, the green pastures fade and wither. Without the sun, we are depleted of chemicals in our very bodies that bring joy and contentment. Without the sun, our very solar system would be chaos. Without the sun, the coldness and ice of a freeze would never melt. Without the sun, food would become non existent.

When you say many rays, one sun... I think of the "way". Life goes forward in all beings, but one day... they will meet the Son. Everyone will know the presence of God and its name. I will come clean..l I do not believe that religions can Co-Exist. I believe people can Co-exist... but it is the very "Mouth" of God that laid the foundation for peace among men. I think to Acts when Paul starts out by pointing to an alter that says to and unknown God. Jesus did this very thing towards the woman at the well, also. He said... paraphrasing... we Jews know who we worship, but you Samaritans don't. Then... He says a time is coming when all will worship in Spirit and Truth... this ties into a verse... that says... paraphrasing... As the Wind blows so is the Spirit... no man knows where it blows to or who it is on. This is deeply meaningful to me because I had to let go of all my preconceptions and Love all people as they are. When I did this... scripture started coming to me and I had a sense of utter peace that was overwhelming.

The bottom line... Mankind has forever attempted to be like God, instead of glorying that He alone is God and divine. When we realize this... it levels us to realize that we are all hurtling towards physical death at the same speed... and we are all precious children in His site!

Amen!!!!

I will be sincere. I don't believe I will ever Love as He loves and I know I fall short every day... Even in eternity... He will be perfect, but I will only be perfectly loved... I'm not limiting my fate in Him... I'm just saying I will always delicate myself before Him. I see myself as dead in the flesh right now. I'm awaiting that 1st Co. 15 Body that the Holy Spirit of Jesus seals us towards. I imagine and I ponder... I wonder what a world of eternal peace will be! I wonder if we'll be able to BASE jump and fly without any gear. I wonder if I could run into a mountain at 150 miles per an hour and simply dent the mountain, but pick myself up... laugh and keep exploring, while full of joy and wonder!

I will share the story that I'm certain you have read many times over that changed my perception for life and impacted the way I express spiritual matters.

Spoiler
I'm paraphrasing... but basically... there is a circular gathering of holy men from all different religions that are sitting next to a mountain. They are deep in discussion about themselves and spiritual things. They share secrets of how they get closer to God and how they strive to please Him with there lives. They discuss karma, light, dark, death, rebirth, food, mystic books and many other things that were deep and grand.

A little boy passes them by and listens in. He hears them talking about God and his face lights up. He keeps trying to get their attention, but they are so deep in dialogue that they can't hear him. He finally walks through the circle and points to the top of the mountain.

Every man shuts up and gazes. He, the little boy, said... "You all want to meet God and discuss how wonderful He is. You see Him as if He were at the peak of that massive mountain and you are all so excited to meet Him and be like Him. But you know in your soul that no one is Like Him. You all speak of the elephant and how each of you has a different part of the elephant in your hands.

What if God came down from that mountain to us and embraced us as we are, though we can never be like Him."

The men clambered and smiled. The Dali Lama spoke for all of the men and said... "that would be wonderful!"

The little boy grinned from ear to ear and excitedly said... "Jesus... Jesus... Jesus"

I deeply believe that all creation is like a finger pointing us home... but I see it all as ephemeral and pale... grey almost... when next to the very Glory of the Father. Every beautiful thing about this cosmos reminds me of Him. I genuinely believe that Jesus is the very presence of the Father. Though... the Father cannot be seen, but when we see the Son... we are seeing the Father. Everything that surrounds us points to the Son. The thing is... we are told that the Son is the Creator... To think that the very hands that made everything were nailed to a cross by His cherished Creation blows my mind. This is the most Spiritual event in all of history. We indeed serve an Infinite Creator that is crowned with Love and Humility!

I cannot deny that understanding God's Love has changed me. But... I count it all loss. Sometimes... I cry because I want to hug Him and say thank you. I want to see His face and hear His voice. I want to sit down and listen to Him teach. I want to be enveloped by His every word and lost His infinite TRUTH. Imagine listening to Him teaching us the secrets of the cosmos and what it all means! An eternity won't be enough!!! :D

I understand what you mean very clearly. In the light of "original sin"... Man must de-elevate himself before God. In the wonder that He that deserves all worship is eager to laugh and speak with us.. even... break bread and drink of the fruit of the vine with us... how can we not be infused with a Love we don't understand!

The Doctrine of original sin is a point of view that provides a necessary truth. All who come before God must know He has no equal. This is because all who are embraced by God are treated as equal, by God. When I worked with troubled youth for a time... the humble ones could be treated as friends and maintained a listening ear. Those that constantly desired to undermine me and usurp my authority were deaf to any words I spoke. I was constantly having to be stern with, forgive and continually be difficult with these youth that cloaked their pain in pride.

The humble were empty of pride and I could rely on them to assist with the others. Original sin is a doctrine that attempts to convey this... but it bares some teachings that distort matters in the way of God's character and our being. I didn't learn to Love myself until I learned how much God Loves me. I profess that I am "evil", but I don't question that we are very valuable to God and thus... our value is in the Infinite.

Infinite Revealer of our value, He is...

:D

One final note... your use of scripture is beautiful! I won't ever be perfect in Love as Him... but I do my level best to extend the Grace He drowns me in towards others....

- Evil.Eye.<(PW)>

Blessings dear one.

In my spirit-essence and true nature of pure being, I am no-thing and every-thing, pure luminal timeless, unborn, undying awareness. This is what I AM :) - on a pure meta level of non-duality, where All is God,.....and God is all,...there is only God (who is 'One', not two). This is a higher teaching within non-dualism in general, but more pointedly expressed in the Vedic philosophy of Advaita Vedanta. All else in the realm of philosophy or theology are but abstractions within duality, the world of separation, relativity and fragmentation. In this realm of space-time-dimensionality,...there is light and shadow....and every variation of colour inbetween....all vibrations and frequencies. Infinity is the whole and entirety of all, but is ever potentialized as going beyond any defined point of existence, measure or dimension. Therefore, the whole of all, in creation and the evolutional matrix of life is ever a manifold, multifaceted ONE, a universal unity.

On this note, I return to my meta-foundation and pure luminal essence of being, the I AM Presence itself. I am that. I also share Nisargadatta's spiritual classic 'I am that' here, for any who want to explore and ponder it, as a primer in Advaita.

I may also draw some nuances in the tradition of my former thread 'The Mighty I AM Presence' and expound from all religious schools and newer dispensations of teachings on the 'I AM', which is the 'name' and 'identity' of God essentially because it denotes the essence of 'being' and 'consciousness' itself, the fundamental reality in which all arises since nothing can be or come to be apart from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.