Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Peter warns us to obey after he says people misunderstand Paul.
The unlearned and unstable wrestle with Paul's teachings. Same as they do with the other scriptures.

2 Peter 3:16 KJV
(16) As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

glorydaz

"I love my mother with all my left-ventricle."
Ae-orta love my wife with my right.... :think:\

I ought to get a▲ ban for this▲ I won't, but it is dad-pun-abuse. Knight needs to put that in the rules and it might need to be outlawed state by state.

I like your "I love her with all my innards....all my spleen". :rotfl:

glorydaz

Nope. It's right there in black and white that it is the unlearned and unstable that wrestle with Paul's teachings.

Peter warns us to obey after he says people misunderstand Paul.

The unlearned and unstable wrestle with Paul's teachings. Same as they do with the other scriptures.

2 Peter 3:16 KJV
(16) As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

GT thinks she can obey those things she misunderstands...and she thinks that will count. ;)

ClimateSanity

What other kind of heart was God talking about? I have asked you many times now and you can't answer.
I answer you every single time oh witless one. God always talks about the heart that is a literary symbol for the place where the mind, soul, spirit and emotions reside. I asked you a question that you pretend I didn't ask. Do you think God never uses symbology to make a point understandable?

ClimateSanity

Strong's Concordance
kardia: heart
Original Word: καρδία, ας, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: kardia
Phonetic Spelling: (kar-dee'-ah)
Short Definition: the heart, inner life, intention
Definition: lit: the heart; mind, character, inner self, will, intention, center.
HELPS Word-studies
2588 kardía – heart; "the affective center of our being" and the capacity of moral preference (volitional desire, choice; see P. Hughs, 2 Cor, 354); "desire-producer that makes us tick" (G. Archer), i.e our "desire-decisions" that establish who we really are.

[Heart (2588 /kardía) is mentioned over 800 times in Scripture, but never referring to the literal physical pump that drives the blood. That is, "heart" is only used figuratively (both in the OT and NT.]
Dictionaries are evil.....I only use the Bible. That will be her response.

God's Truth

I answer you every single time oh witless one. God always talks about the heart that is a literary symbol for the place where the mind, soul, spirit and emotions reside. I asked you a question that you pretend I didn't ask. Do you think God never uses symbology to make a point understandable?

The mind does not reside in the heart.

ClimateSanity

The mind does not reside in the heart.
The mind is not the brain. Yes, the brain doesn't reside in the blood pumping heart. There is, however a literary symbol that is used to describe the place where the intellect, soul, spirit and emotions and will all reside. This is really not even a place. It has no geography. It is the very essence of a person and the name that symbology uses is called the heart.

ClimateSanity

What don't you get that God says it is in our heart? Why don't you believe what is plainly written?
It is plainly written that emotions reside in the essence of a man that also consists of intellect, soul, will, and spirit and is given the symbolical used name of heart. The word heart was used for this symbol because the heart is the center of the physical body, so as to give even better understanding.

God's Truth

It is plainly written that emotions reside in the essence of a man that also consists of intellect, soul, will, and spirit and is given the symbolical used name of heart. The word heart was used for this symbol because the heart is the center of the physical body, so as to give even better understanding.

Stop trying to explain away what God plainly says. God speaks about our heart and that is where are emotions are.

Status
Not open for further replies.