For whosoever shall call upon the name of the lord shall be saved!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Rom 10:13

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

It's very unfortunate that religionists hath corrupted this verse to make it teach salvation by works, by what a person does. They make"calling upon the name of the lord" a condition man must perform in order to get saved! That folks is a lie, that's promoting salvation by works, by what a person does! However what Paul is teaching is this, whosoever is calling upon the name of the lord, shall be saved, as to say, they shall be in a saved state, that is the calling upon the name of the lord is evidence that they are saved, and or being saved!

In other words Paul is saying, you want to know who it is that Christ has saved , and is saving by putting His Spirit in them? Its whosoever is calling upon the name of the lord, they shall be saved! The action of calling upon the name of the lord is evidence and proof that they are being saved from the power of sin and unbelief!

Context context--

Act 2:20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
Act 2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

beloved57

I understand your false beliefs.

You go against Jesus Christ who says if you call him Lord then you had better be obeying him.

Those are the people Jesus saves, those who obey.

Your condemnation will be greater, the more light you reject the greater condemnation.

beloved57

Context context--

Act 2:20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
Act 2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Did you understand the points I made with scripture and the article?

God's Truth

That's not what Jesus said. He said that to achieve salvation, we must listen to "Moses" aka the Law.(Luke 16:29-31)

You do not listen to Moses.
Where is your tent or temple?
Where is your High Priest?
Where is your Lamb sacrifice?

You say Moses taught things not from God.
Why would you say such a thing?

God's Truth

Your condemnation will be greater, the more light you reject the greater condemnation.

I will always be on the side of Truth because I preach obedience to Christ.

Jesus says obey him.

You say, "Save me first".

There is no way you are on the side of truth when you say that.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Rom 10:13

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

It's very unfortunate that religionists hath corrupted this verse to make it teach salvation by works, by what a person does. They make"calling upon the name of the lord" a condition man must perform in order to get saved! That folks is a lie, that's promoting salvation by works, by what a person does! However what Paul is teaching is this, whosoever is calling upon the name of the lord, shall be saved, as to say, they shall be in a saved state, that is the calling upon the name of the lord is evidence that they are saved, and or being saved!

In other words Paul is saying, you want to know who it is that Christ has saved , and is saving by putting His Spirit in them? Its whosoever is calling upon the name of the lord, they shall be saved! The action of calling upon the name of the lord is evidence and proof that they are being saved from the power of sin and unbelief!

Yes, Good points.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No one will be saved that does not respond to the Gospel of Jesus Christ with a heart full of love and thanksgiving for what Jesus has done for them.

It is impossible that any respond to the Gospel of Christ with a heart full of love and thanksgiving when they first begin to know Christ, except on occasions of being filled with His Spirit.

LA

beloved57

I will always be on the side of Truth because I preach obedience to Christ.

Jesus says obey him.

You say, "Save me first".

There is no way you are on the side of truth when you say that.

Lets go over the OP and article I started this thread with ?

God's Truth

Lets go over the OP and article I started this thread with ?

Let's go over what I said to you.

In this passage, read how many times Jesus says "whoever."

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's only begotten Son. This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."

John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on them.

“Whoever” is whoever. This is plain and simple. Calvinists use special exegesis to twist the scriptures. Whomever in the world believes turns into whomever in the world of believers who believe.

1 John 2:2 He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

Can you read? Are you willing to call all your teaching'dung' as Paul did?
Are you willing to repent of all the falseness you followed?
Are you ready to give up family and friends who keep to the Calvinism?
Are you ready to give it all up for God's Truth?

Jesus is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. This scripture shows that Jesus saves any who come to him in belief; it is a choice of all men, if they only would not love darkness instead of the light.

God wants all men saved. Read how many times scripture says "all men.”

John 1:6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. 8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. 9That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. 10He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. 11He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name. 13Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

1 Timothy2:3-6 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all men—the testimony given in its proper time.

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men.

1 Timothy 4:10 (and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.

That scripture right there should stop any one from ever misunderstanding and believing Calvinism ever again. How much plainer language does it have to be? "Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.” All men have the chance to obey and believe.

Oh how I love God's powerful Word!

God's Truth

Think about it beloved57, Can you read? Are you willing to call all your teaching'dung' as Paul did?

beloved57

Let's go over what I said to you.

In this passage, read how many times Jesus says "whoever."

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's only begotten Son. This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."

John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on them.

“Whoever” is whoever. This is plain and simple. Calvinists use special exegesis to twist the scriptures. Whomever in the world believes turns into whomever in the world of believers who believe.

1 John 2:2 He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

Can you read? Are you willing to call all your teaching'dung' as Paul did?

Jesus is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. This scripture shows that Jesus saves any who come to him in belief; it is a choice of all men, if they only would not love darkness instead of the light.

God wants all men saved. Read how many times scripture says "all men.”

John 1:6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. 8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. 9That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. 10He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. 11He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name. 13Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

1 Timothy2:3-6 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all men—the testimony given in its proper time.

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men.

1 Timothy 4:10 (and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.

That scripture right there should stop any one from ever misunderstanding and believing Calvinism ever again. How much plainer language does it have to be? "Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.” All men have the chance to obey and believe.

Oh how I love God's powerful Word!

You are running from the Op. That is what I want to discuss.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So you understand them ? Ok kinda rehearse them with me.

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Rom 9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
Rom 9:12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
Rom 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
Rom 9:14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
Rom 9:15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
Rom 9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
Rom 9:17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
Rom 9:18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
Rom 9:19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
Rom 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
Rom 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
Rom 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
Rom 9:24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

LA

God's Truth

You are running from the Op. That is what I want to discuss.

Those who call on the Lord and say, "Lord..." with their mouth, they had better be obeying.

It is clear and strong.

Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?

Matthew 7:21
Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

God's Truth

If anyone wants to be saved, call on Jesus and call him 'Lord' as you find out what he wants you to do.

There is no other way.

beloved57

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Rom 9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
Rom 9:12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
Rom 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
Rom 9:14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
Rom 9:15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
Rom 9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
Rom 9:17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
Rom 9:18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
Rom 9:19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
Rom 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
Rom 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
Rom 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
Rom 9:24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

LA

I dont know what you are doing !

beloved57

Those who call on the Lord and say, "Lord..." with their mouth, they had better be obeying.

It is clear and strong.

Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?

Matthew 7:21
Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

Still running !