For Sincere Inquisitors ONLY: MAD Explained

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Tambora brought this thread to my attention. I had completely forgotten about it. I think with all the thread flying around on the subject that it was only appropriate to bring this one forward. For those who are truly interested in learning about MAD, this is a place to start. However pay attention to the request of the author in the first post. This is not a place to bad mouth MAD but to truly learn about it.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The body of Christ will be involved in the heavenly kingdom, whereas Israel is involved in the earthly kingdom. Go back through the thread. I'm more than sure this is explained.

Jerry Shugart

The body of Christ will be involved in the heavenly kingdom, whereas Israel is involved in the earthly kingdom. Go back through the thread. I'm more than sure this is explained.

Will not those in the Body of Christ be involved in the earthly kingdom?

Will we not return to the earth with the Lord Jesus when He sets up His earthly kingdom:

"Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord" (1 Thess.4:17).​

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Will not those in the Body of Christ be involved in the earthly kingdom?

Will we not return to the earth with the Lord Jesus when He sets up His earthly kingdom:

"Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord" (1 Thess.4:17).​

I'm in the process of going through the 94 pages of this thread to try and give you an answer.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jerry, this may answer your question in part. I'm still searching.

Chickenman:
It appears to me that those two things are mutually exclusive, AA.

The gospel of the kingdom said: "Repent for the kingdom is at hand." Good news for an Israelite who awaited the national promise. In the promised kingdom, they would be under a new covenant where (like the Body of Christ) there would be eternal righteousness, sins would be blotted out forever, etc. But they would receive those promises AFTER they inherited their earthly promises.

The promises to the Body are spiritual promises that we receive immediately upon belief. We are baptized into the body, where we receive immediate forgiveness of sins, are immediately reckoned as righteous, etc. And we are seated in the heavenlies with Christ (who is our life).

So a member of the body (who got there by believing the gospel of Christ) is immediately saved and awaits a heavenly abode. A member of the circumcision was to faithfully endure to the very end, after which he would receive salvation, permanent forgiveness of sins (he could be forgiven before then, but not permanently), eternal righteousness, etc. He awaited an earthly abode (descriptions make it seem just like I imagine Eden was).

Based on that, I don't see how an "uncircumcision believer" (member of the Body) could receive the promises to the "circumsion believer".

I have more thoughts on that, but it would only confuse the issue now, so I'll leave it at that.

Jerry Shugart

Jerry, this may answer your question in part. I'm still searching.

Sorry, that answers nothing. When we will meet the Lord Jesus is the air from that moment on we will always be with Him.

That means that when He returns to the earth to set up His kingdom we will be with Him and will remain with Him during the 1000 years.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think there is a little more to it than what you propose, i may be wrong. See STP's post on the basics thread #6. Thanks

Jerry Shugart

I think there is a little more to it than what you propose, i may be wrong. See STP's post on the basics thread #6. Thanks

Here is what chickenman said on his initial post:

chickenman:
We also believe that we must take God's Word literally, unless the text demands that we don't.

Where in the text do we see any reason not to take Paul's words here in anyway other than literally?:

revpete

<font color="#707070">I'd love to address any questions and expand on any points. Others who hold the same or similar positions (STP, voltaire, JohnW, Knight, Delmar, Nick, judging u, etc.) are absolutely welcome to chime in whenever you want. I'm perfectly happy shutting up and letting people smarter than me answer questions, if that's what it takes to help others truly understand the MidActs position. If I don't know something, I'll say I don't know. But I'd love to help those who are sincerely interested to understand more about our position

I agree for the most part. However, what I have difficulty with is this, how could the dispensation of grace begin in Acts ch 12, if so how was Paul saved in Acts 9? He was saved by grace I presume?

Blessings: Pete <><

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Technically, there is not a Mid Acts position. All those that are called "MAD" take the Bible more literally, and read it front to back. When he says "here me Israel", I know he isn't talking to me. That isn't to say I can not learn something from it.

Paul was saved Acts 9, and he says he was the first saved, and the pattern for life. He is the prototype, the first one of its kind. Reconciled as an enemy of God. This is what he states, absolutely and without question. To reject it shows you are really rejecting God.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I agree for the most part. However, what I have difficulty with is this, how could the dispensation of grace begin in Acts ch 12, if so how was Paul saved in Acts 9? He was saved by grace I presume?

Blessings: Pete <><

I don't know why it's called "Mid Acts" either as anyone under that umbrella sees it as beginning with the conversion of Paul in Acts 9.

revpete

For Sincere Inquisitors ONLY: MAD Explained

Paul was saved Acts 9, and he says he was the first saved, and the pattern for life. He is the prototype, the first one of its kind. Reconciled as an enemy of God. This is what he states, absolutely and without question. To reject it shows you are really rejecting God.[/QUOTE]

How could Paul claim to be the first saved when we read of three thousand being saved on the day of Pentecost in Acts.2 and four thousand later on? BTW where does Paul claim that?

Blessings: Pete

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Paul was saved Acts 9, and he says he was the first saved, and the pattern for life. He is the prototype, the first one of its kind. Reconciled as an enemy of God. This is what he states, absolutely and without question. To reject it shows you are really rejecting God.

How could Paul claim to be the first saved when we read of three thousand being saved on the day of Pentecost in Acts.2 and four thousand later on? BTW where does Paul claim that?

Blessings: Pete[/QUOTE]

He is the first saved under the gospel of grace.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 King James Version (KJV)

15 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Blessings: Pete

Paul says he is the first of the kind, the pattern. The prototype. Pentecost is about Israel, and they could lose their salvation. See Acts 5, it is not the Body of Christ.

1 Timothy 1

15 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am first. 16 However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He is the first saved under the gospel of grace.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 King James Version (KJV)

15 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

I will add to it. For all those that wrongly and knowingly claim Peter preached the same gospel at Pentecost, Paul says he preached it first right here.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How will the body of Christ be involved in the Kingdom?

Can you not find the answer in the Bible? I am pretty sure the following is not any part of Paul's unique gospel.

So Jesus said to them, “Assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Inchrist1

Can you not find the answer in the Bible? I am pretty sure the following is not any part of Paul's unique gospel.

So Jesus said to them, “Assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

I agree. The passage you quoted is referring to the Lost Sheep Of Israel.

Is the answer to my question in this Passage?

"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. (*1 Thessalonians‬ *4‬:*16-17‬ KJV)"

So we will be involved if we are going to be with The Lord forever right?

Posted from the TOL App!