For Sincere Inquisitors ONLY: MAD Explained

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have not had a chance to read through this entire thread or do too much reading on MAD Theology. If this question has been addressed please direct me to the post rather than answer it again.

Can a person who accepts MAD Theology still believe that gifts of the spirit are in operation today? If not, why not?

Thanks Guys. Raven

SaulToPaul 2

Can a person who accepts MAD Theology still believe that gifts of the spirit are in operation today? If not, why not?

Thanks Guys. Raven

Yes, since they are mentioned in some of Paul's letters, you could believe they are still active. But, you would be wrong. :D

I can go into it more if you are interested, but it might get a little confusing.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You can believe whatever you want. :)

Aren't the gifts of the spirit love, joy, peace, patience ...?

Who would believe they are not in operation?

I see those as fruits of the Spirit rather than gifts. I was thinking more about those gifts mentioned in 1 Corinthians 12.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
BR, are you referring to sign gifts such as knowledge, prophecy, and tongues?

Yes, and if the explanation is going to be confusing, it can be done in a PM. However if you believe it would be beneficial to others post it in the thread. Your call.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have a friend who is a total proponent of MidActs Dispensationalism. Yet he still believes tongues are for us today. That's a doctrinal detail. MidActs Dispensationalism is merely an approach to scripture. So one can believe any number of details on tongues or baptism, etc. and still be a MidActs'er.

All MidActs Dispensationalism says is: the dispensation of grace for the Body of Christ began with Paul. Many details SHOULD fall in line once that understanding is established. But everyone has different levels of understanding.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What and who does the fig tree represent.

What and who does the olive tree represent

What and who does the vine represent.

Then, how does the fig tree (if you believe it symbolizes Israel) come into play with Israel's past, present, and future.

Hi, T.

I don't want you to think this is being ignored. I can give some scriptures to show how the fig tree represents Israel, but any treatment I would give the topic right now would be very elementary. So I'd rather study and observe others.

Just didn't want you to think I'm ignoring you.

Randy

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I thought since you all have thought it ok to fill the pentecostal thread with all kind of spite and malice it would be ok to come over and give a little bible reading, from the Tynedale bible and we are at ch.3. of 1st Corinthians.
I could not speak unto you brethren as unto spiritual but as to carnal, even as it were unto babes in Christ, I gave you milk to drink and not meat for ye were not strong, no neither yet are for ye are carnal. As long verily as there is among you envying and strife, and dissension are ye not carnal? and walk after the manner of men? as long as one saith "I hold of Paul...and another I am of Apollos" are ye not carnal? what is Paul? what thing is Apollos? only ministers by whom ye have believed even as the Lord gave every man grace. I have planted, Apollos watered but God gave the increase. So neither is he that planteth anything, neither he who watereth but God which gave the increase.
He thet planteth and he that watereth are neither better than the other.
I will continue at another time.......

SaulToPaul 2

I could not speak unto you brethren as unto spiritual but as to carnal, even as it were unto babes in Christ, I gave you milk to drink and not meat for ye were not strong, no neither yet are for ye are carnal. As long verily as there is among you envying and strife, and dissension are ye not carnal? and walk after the manner of men? as long as one saith "I hold of Paul...and another I am of Apollos" are ye not carnal? what is Paul? what thing is Apollos? only ministers by whom ye have believed even as the Lord gave every man grace. I have planted, Apollos watered but God gave the increase. So neither is he that planteth anything, neither he who watereth but God which gave the increase.
He thet planteth and he that watereth are neither better than the other.
I will continue at another time.......

Same letter.

1 Cor 4
14: I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.
15: For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
16: Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

1 Corinthians 11
1: Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Same letter.

1 Cor 4
14: I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.
15: For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
16: Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

1 Corinthians 11
1: Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
Bravo STP I always have felt that you were a big person, and it does take courage to admit when you are wrong.
At last we are agreed that Paul followed Christ, Paul even quotes the sayings of Christ in the gospels [do you know where?]
Now in saying Paul followed Christ, how did he follow Him? of course by the indwelling life "no longer I that live but Christ liveth in me" We know that Christ as God can never change, His word remains the same, His promises and covenants. The only thing that changes is the way in which WE enter in and partake, the way in which God administers His blessing, this is called a dispensation. But the blessing is the same. Jesus Christ the same, yesterday and today and forever.
He is [Paul says] made a priest after the order of Melchisadek, that is an everlasting priesthood, having no beginning nor end just as Melchisadek had no beginning or end. Since Christ's priesthood is eternal it is impossible that it can of changed once the sacrifice which [once accepted by God] was offered has been ratified. Christ offered His sacrifice through the eternal Spirit.
Therefore after Calvary it is impossible that the covenant can have changed, unlike the pld covenant which man broke and so disannulled, not God, the new covenant is eternal and unchanging.
So as I will show in my next reading there can no other foundation be laid. bless you.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Totten,
I don't know what you're talking about with that "spewing" comment. I started this thread, and I've RESPECTFULLY asked that people just like you stay out of here since you are an Elymas. This is not a debate thread.

Please leave.

If you want anyone to stay out of your threads...ASK! I did. And MOST of those that I don't want in here have respected my request. Please do the same.

Randy

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And MOST of those that I don't want in here have respected my request. Please do the same.

cm, you are giving us Americans a bad name.

Godrulz lives in Canada, and Totten in England. You kicked them both out.

Beware cm, Jerry Shuggart lives in Mexico. :chuckle:

Does anyone else besides me miss ole Jerry?

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
cm, you are giving us Americans a bad name.

Godrulz lives in Canada, and Totten in England. You kicked them both out.

Beware cm, Jerry Shuggart lives in Mexico. :chuckle:

Does anyone else besides me miss ole Jerry?

Hi, bud.

I actually asked cistercian and andyc to stay away, specifically, too. Anyone can come in and interact if they are truly interested in learning about our position. Jerry's never been too respectful with those that disagree with him. So I imagine he'd want to start trouble in here, too. He's a MidActs'er, but I can definitely envision a post from me asking that he leave.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
What and who does the fig tree represent.

What and who does the olive tree represent

What and who does the vine represent.

Then, how does the fig tree (if you believe it symbolizes Israel) come into play with Israel's past, present, and future.
Israel, Israel, Israel.

Read the parable of the fig tree.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Totten,
I don't know what you're talking about with that "spewing" comment. I started this thread, and I've RESPECTFULLY asked that people just like you stay out of here since you are an Elymas. This is not a debate thread.

Please leave.

If you want anyone to stay out of your threads...ASK! I did. And MOST of those that I don't want in here have respected my request. Please do the same.

Randy
But my dear, the OP on the pentecostal thread is very simple to understand. it was it says a thread for those who believe in the continuance of the gifts and operations of the Holy Spirit. The OPer makes it quite plain that he did not want the thread to morph into a discussion about MAD. As for spewing I think a very casual comparison of my posts to the posts of certain MADist make quite plain where the spite comes from.
No, no I am afraid I feel like the little fledgeling who has been ousted from my comfy nest by a wretched cuckoo. Luckily I have found a new nest, and am quite happy to share with you from scripture to show you where I think you are departed from the truth, who knows? mayhaps some one will see the folly of their way and come back to a more sensible understanding of scripture.
Indeed I am hopeful for STP now sees that we are to follow Paul in-as-much only as Paul follows Christ. This is a breakthrough.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Reference?

(Judges 9: 14-15)

14 Then said all the trees unto the bramble, Come thou, and reign over us.

15And the bramble said unto the trees, If in truth ye anoint me king over you, then come and put your trust in my shadow: and if not, let fire come out of the bramble, and devour the cedars of Lebanon.

(Luke 6:44) For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.

Remember: A crown of thorns was placed on the head of Christ. The bramble bush has thorns.