feminists killed tol 

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Trump is putting judges on the court that don't believe you should kill your baby.

Wrong. Here are a few quotes from Chief Justice of the Supreme Court John Roberts regarding the abortion issue: "Roe v. Wade is the settled law of the land...It’s settled as a precedent of the court, entitled to respect under principles of stare decisis...There’s nothing in my personal views that would prevent me from fully and faithfully applying that precedent."

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Wrong. Here are a few quotes from Chief Justice of the Supreme Court John Roberts regarding the abortion issue: "Roe v. Wade is the settled law of the land...It’s settled as a precedent of the court, entitled to respect under principles of stare decisis...There’s nothing in my personal views that would prevent me from fully and faithfully applying that precedent."

We don't need Roberts. We need four more years of Trump.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
What will?

A culture that tells young men and young women that they're not rutting animals, that there is value in waiting until marriage to be sexually active, that every child should be planned and wanted and valued, that every child should be cherished and protected.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nothing! Abortion will never be outlawed.

I agree though if right wingers were really concerned about unborn babies they wouldn’t go out of their way to block assisting moms2b with free or affordable medical care before and after birth as well as advancing affordable child care for workings mom.

The GOP doesn’t care about the health and welfare of these children. It’s just a political talking point.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
A culture that tells young men and young women that they're not rutting animals, that there is value in waiting until marriage to be sexually active, that every child should be planned and wanted and valued, that every child should be cherished and protected.

A culture that tells men and women that they're not rutting animals, that there is value in waiting to get behind the wheel of a car to drive soberly, rather than drive drunk, that every child should be cherished and protected.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I agree though if right wingers were really concerned about unborn babies they wouldn’t go out of their way to block assisting moms2b with free or affordable medical care before and after birth as well as advancing affordable child care for workings mom.

moms2b should be assisted by their husbands

"workings" mom should be flogged - mom's job is caring for child, not paying others to raise child

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

The GOP doesn’t care about the health and welfare of these children. It’s just a political talking point.

It's about political power, social control, and money.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In reference to the OP, TOL is far from dead. It’s been wounded by ... misogyny, zealotry and in a few cases, stalking. If one supports these tactics, they are part of the problem.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Because they are pro-choice, meaning it's not up to them, it's up to the woman who is pregnant, her partner, family, etc.

She/they make the decision, not you.

so democrats are willing to lose elections just so women can kill their babies?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
so democrats are willing to lose elections just so women can kill their babies?

That's the funny thing about choice. Choice means that it's not up to the Democrats, and it's not up to you. It's up to every individual to decide for themselves. If you are against abortion then don't get an abortion. Beyond that, it's none of your business what reproductive choices other people make for themselves. I know that's hard for you to accept, but that's the way it is.

Abortion will never be outlawed. I've already given you the statements made by the conservative Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, John Roberts, who is a Catholic, regarding the abortion issue: "Roe v. Wade is the settled law of the land...It’s settled as a precedent of the court, entitled to respect under principles of stare decisis...There’s nothing in my personal views that would prevent me from fully and faithfully applying that precedent." So much for your deluded pipe dream that re-Publican politicians will get Roe v. Wade overturned by stacking the courts with more conservative judges, because even the conservative judges are telling you that it isn't going to happen.

You may as well get off your disingenuous soapbox because you don't really believe that abortion is murder. If you did, you'd grab your gun and go out and stop abortions from happening by force. But perhaps you're too pacifistic to do that. Fine, then the least you could do would be to go out into the streets and protest abortion clinics, Planned Parenthood, etc. But I don't hear about you doing that either. Clearly, you don't have the courage of your alleged convictions.

It's interesting that "pro-life" hypocrites, who care nothing for preserving the lives of others when it comes to the simple act of wearing a mask during a pandemic, would suddenly wax sanctimonious about a politically charged issue like abortion.

Also, I don't hear you whining about Republican politicians who are pro-choice. "What!?" you're asking yourself. "You mean there are Republican politicians who are pro-choice on abortion?" Yep, I bet you didn't even know that, or care--because in reality you couldn't care less about abortion except insofar as you can use the topic to smear Democrats. Republicans don't really want to outlaw abortion even if they could, because many women of color choose to have abortions, and if a low-income woman of color decides to get an abortion, that is likely one less Democratic voter they will have to worry about.

Many conservative politicians are nothing if not hypocritical on abortion. They would never actually impede abortion even if they could, because if they did, what would they do when their mistresses turn up pregnant? Wouldn't want the wife to find out. They might want an expensive divorce. Better to cover up such "accidents" with an abortion, in their view.

So there.