Faith and the Spirit Come By Hearing and Believing the Gospel

iouae

Being reconciled does not mean saved.

Correct, because God is not going to save His enemies, so that they can be eternal enemies. Salvation is for His friends.

"Reconciled" is more like the ongoing Syrian peace talks. Reconciled means brought together so that you can talk peace and arrange to be friends. But it could all still go pear-shaped after reconcilliation.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
False statement, it promotes salvation by works, by what a person does, and so discredits Christ.

Not so, Jesus said repent and believe his gospel. Everyone has works (what a person does) whether good or bad but works are not relevant
to salvation. Salvation is a gift no matter what a person has done. Salvation by works is impossible and no one promotes it.

Right Divider

Body part
Correct, because God is not going to save His enemies, so that they can be eternal enemies. Salvation is for His friends.

"Reconciled" is more like the ongoing Syrian peace talks. Reconciled means brought together so that you can talk peace and arrange to be friends. But it could all still go pear-shaped after reconcilliation.
Being reconciled means that we are NO LONGER enemies.

Your "pear-shaped" analogy is decidedly humanistic.

beloved57

Not so, Jesus said repent and believe his gospel. Everyone has works (what a person does) whether good or bad but works are not relevant
to salvation. Salvation is a gift no matter what a person has done. Salvation by works is impossible and no one promotes it.

It is so, he teaches salvation by what man does, thats works salvation, and you are guilty of the same for agreeing with that heresy !

beloved57

You both teach salvation by works, by what a person does, that is a damnable heresy!

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You both teach salvation by works, by what a person does, that is a damnable heresy!

You do not have a clue what the gospel is. For you're information.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

The Fact of Christ’s Resurrection
1 Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand,
2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.
3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

Samie

Hi Robert;

In other threads, you teach that "When Jesus died on the cross we died with him".

So, having died with His Son, when did God make us alive? Because in this thread, you seem to refuse to believe that God made us alive TOGETHER with Christ when He resurrected, despite having been shown Scriptures to this effect (Eph 2:4-6; Col 2:13). You instead insist that UNLESS people first believe, they could not be made alive. Indirectly you seem to be teaching that while dead, people can believe?

Could you please explain, so I can better understand where you're coming from, brother?
Nothing is ours until it is received. God does not impose anything on anyone, John 1:12
How did you receive life when you were in your mom's tummy, Robert? Did you make any effort of receiving life while you were still lifeless?

You were born with your head already attached. Did you make any effort to receive your head prior to having it?

Same goes with spiritual life. Jesus said He gave His flesh for the life of the world (John 6:51). Whether one knows about it or not, he lives because Jesus died and rose again.

Robert Pate

Banned
How did you receive life when you were in your mom's tummy, Robert? Did you make any effort of receiving life while you were still lifeless?

You were born with your head already attached. Did you make any effort to receive your head prior to having it?

Same goes with spiritual life. Jesus said He gave His flesh for the life of the world (John 6:51). Whether one knows about it or not, he lives because Jesus died and rose again.

Without faith in Christ there is no salvation for anyone.

Here is a good example.

"For unto us was the Gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it" Hebrews 4:2.

Repent and believe the Gospel.

Robert Pate

Banned

AMEN!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you have a scripture that says that ?

For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. (Romans 5:10)​

Reconciled by his death, saved by his life.

beloved57

For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. (Romans 5:10)​

Reconciled by his death, saved by his life.
That scripture does not say that.

Samie

Without faith in Christ there is no salvation for anyone.
Christ has already saved all sinners, Robert. And that saving act gave us all spiritual life (John 6:51) with which to repent and believe.

Here is a good example.

"For unto us was the Gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it" Hebrews 4:2.

Repent and believe the Gospel.
Yes, AFTER having been made spiritually alive. NOT BEFORE, as you teach. Repentance is overcoming the evil of impenitence. Believing is overcoming the evil of unbelief. Attached to Christ Who is our life (Col 3:4), we have His Power to overcome evil (Phil 4:13). And overcomers will NOT be blotted out from the book of life.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Is this a Calvinist analogy Sam?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You do not have a clue what the gospel is. For you're information.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

The Fact of Christ’s Resurrection
1 Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand,
2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.
3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

Good post BR

Samie

Is this a Calvinist analogy Sam?
No, brother. Instead, its a scriptural one. It's neither Arminian nor Calvinist.

Calvinists believe in a limited atonement. I don't. I believe in a general, unconditional, unlimited and actual atonement.

We all were saved, are being saved, but only overcomers will finally make it to life eternal.