Faith and the Spirit Come By Hearing and Believing the Gospel

Robert Pate

Banned
This verse does not say how the dead can hear. In fact, it tells us that people are already alive PRIOR to their believing and hearing.
NKJ John 5:24 " Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

The verse says that he who hears and believes "has passed" NOT "will pass" from death to life.

Nothing is ours until we believe.

Samie

Nothing is ours until we believe.
We are first in Christ Who is our life (Col 3:4) being His body when He died (2 Cor 5:14, 15; Heb 2:9; Eph 2:11-19; 1 Pet 2:24), and made alive TOGETHER with Him when He resurrected (Eph 2:4-6; Col 2:13), given the faith of the Son of God (Rom 12:3), and THEN we can hear and believe. Empowerment first, before accountability.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Are all deaf relegated to hell just because they can't hear? Sorry, but it looks like it's yours that's skewed.

You said, "The verse says that he who hears" but actually salvation has no prerequisites. Your question is not relevant.

:carryon:

Samie

You said, "The verse says that he who hears" but actually salvation has no prerequisites. Your question is not relevant.

:carryon:
Because you simply butt into my discussion with Robert without knowing how it all started. Review my posts addressed to Robert and see whether I placed any requisites. Look before you leap.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Because you simply butt into my discussion with Robert without knowing how it all started. Review my posts addressed to Robert and see whether I placed any requisites. Look before you leap.

As I understand it, this forum is not for the exclusive use of you and Robert. What you may not realize is that other people read your posts, but I'm not sure why.

:wave:

Samie

As I understand it, this forum is not for the exclusive use of you and Robert. What you may not realize is that other people read your posts, but I'm not sure why.

:wave:
I NEVER claimed this forum is for my exclusive use and Robert's, did I?

Robert Pate

Banned
We are first in Christ Who is our life (Col 3:4) being His body when He died (2 Cor 5:14, 15; Heb 2:9; Eph 2:11-19; 1 Pet 2:24), and made alive TOGETHER with Him when He resurrected (Eph 2:4-6; Col 2:13), given the faith of the Son of God (Rom 12:3), and THEN we can hear and believe. Empowerment first, before accountability.

Nothing is yours untill you call on Christ to save you.

Samie

Nothing is yours untill you call on Christ to save you.
Man cannot call on Christ unless God through Christ first made man alive.

NKJ John 6:33 "For the bread of God is He who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world."

Obviously, the world is dead otherwise Christ would not have given it life. Christ's giving of life came first, before man's calling on Him could become possible.

This is why Christ said that apart from Him man can do NOTHING (John 15:5). Yet most preachers teach that while NOT in Christ, man can do SOMETHING - he can hear, he can call, he can believe, etc. Sadly, you are one of those preachers.

Robert Pate

Banned
Man cannot call on Christ unless God through Christ first made man alive.

NKJ John 6:33 "For the bread of God is He who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world."

Obviously, the world is dead otherwise Christ would not have given it life. Christ's giving of life came first, before man's calling on Him could become possible.

This is why Christ said that apart from Him man can do NOTHING (John 15:5). Yet most preachers teach that while NOT in Christ, man can do SOMETHING - he can hear, he can call, he can believe, etc. Sadly, you are one of those preachers.

Man can hear and believe.

8000 Jews heard the Gospel and believed, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4. Some of who had participated in the crucifixon of Christ, Acts 2:36.

Samie

Hi Robert;

In other threads, you teach that "When Jesus died on the cross we died with him".

So, having died with His Son, when did God make us alive? Because in this thread, you seem to refuse to believe that God made us alive TOGETHER with Christ when He resurrected, despite having been shown Scriptures to this effect (Eph 2:4-6; Col 2:13). You instead insist that UNLESS people first believe, they could not be made alive. Indirectly you seem to be teaching that while dead, people can believe?

Could you please explain, so I can better understand where you're coming from, brother?

Robert Pate

Banned
Hi Robert;

In other threads, you teach that "When Jesus died on the cross we died with him".

So, having died with His Son, when did God make us alive? Because in this thread, you seem to refuse to believe that God made us alive TOGETHER with Christ when He resurrected, despite having been shown Scriptures to this effect (Eph 2:4-6; Col 2:13). You instead insist that UNLESS people first believe, they could not be made alive. Indirectly you seem to be teaching that while dead, people can believe?

Could you please explain, so I can better understand where you're coming from, brother?

Nothing is ours until it is received. God does not impose anything on anyone, John 1:12