Executing homosexuals

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
It's exactly what they were.

You want to talk about arresting and executing minorities and having a revolution to be able to do so well, this is what that looks like.
gay.jpg
No. It isn't. And the fact that this is not only your first thought, but your only thought just cements my belief that you are incapable of rational and critical thought.

TracerBullet

No. It isn't. And the fact that this is not only your first thought, but your only thought just cements my belief that you are incapable of rational and critical thought.

well then, please share with us all just what the loving act of "arrest them, try them, convict them, sentence them, execute them" would look like

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
well then, please share with us all just what the loving act of "arrest them, try them, convict them, sentence them, execute them" would look like
Exactly what it looks like now when we do the same to those who commit capital crimes. Well, it's be more expedient in this scenario.

gcthomas

Exactly what it looks like now when we do the same to those who commit capital crimes. Well, it's be more expedient in this scenario.

Don't those capital crimes have victims? That makes it different to a 'crime' with no victim - it will be a faster trial because you won't have to bother finding someone who has been disadvantaged, injured or otherwise even slightly put out.

alwight

IIRC Lighthouse has Asperger's syndrome which perhaps means that any appeal to empathy or a rather more relative morality will fall on stony ground.
For LH it seems that homosexuality can only be an absolute wrong, just like murder, even if there is no victim, because from the doctrine he adheres to and his Asperger's there just is no relative in-between or empathy. Morality is an absolute!

OTOH perhaps, come the revolution, all those with Asperger's Syndrome will simply be rounded up and executed along with gays? ...:idea:

;)

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Don't those capital crimes have victims? That makes it different to a 'crime' with no victim - it will be a faster trial because you won't have to bother finding someone who has been disadvantaged, injured or otherwise even slightly put out.
Completely irrelevant to the point at hand which is what it would look like if we criminalized homosexuality.

well who can complain about efficient mass murder and genocide?
No one said anything about mass murder, or genocide.

IIRC Lighthouse has Asperger's syndrome which perhaps means that any appeal to empathy or a rather more relative morality will fall on stony ground.
For LH it seems that homosexuality can only be an absolute wrong, just like murder, even if there is no victim, because from the doctrine he adheres to and his Asperger's there just is no relative in-between or empathy. Morality is an absolute!

OTOH perhaps, come the revolution, all those with Asperger's Syndrome will simply be rounded up and executed along with gays? ...:idea:

;)
So now you agree that homosexuality is a disorder? I assume so since you equated it being on the Autism Spectrum.

alwight

So now you agree that homosexuality is a disorder? I assume so since you equated it being on the Autism Spectrum.
I'd only agree that such human conditions are simply how it is for some people, and most probably genetic. Deeming something a disorder or wrong simply because it may not fit well with how the majority of people are isn't being particularly helpful or realistic.

Variations in the human condition are natural, normal and provide us all with a different perspective.
Executing those who are seen as being different and not conforming to majority's "norm" would be an utterly absurd and pointless, evil misuse of a collective power.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I'd only agree that such human conditions are simply how it is for some people, and most probably genetic. Deeming something a disorder or wrong simply because it may not fit well with how the majority of people are isn't being particularly helpful or realistic.

Variations in the human condition are natural, normal and provide us all with a different perspective.
Executing those who are seen as being different and not conforming to majority's "norm" would be an utterly absurd and pointless, evil misuse of a collective power.
Child molesters shouldn't be executed? Because pedophilia is a disorder. You know that, right?

alwight

Child molesters shouldn't be executed? Because pedophilia is a disorder. You know that, right?
No, of course child molesters should be kept away from children, but seeking a righteous retribution through execution isn't a humane solution.
Yes, paedophilia may indeed be a natural state, and a problem, for some people who are that way but actually imposing on innocent non-consenting third parties is not acceptable behaviour.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
No, of course child molesters should be kept away from children, but seeking a righteous retribution through execution isn't a humane solution.
Yes, paedophilia may indeed be a natural state, and a problem, for some people who are that way but actually imposing on innocent non-consenting third parties is not acceptable behaviour.
Then maybe you shouldn't make generalized statements regarding disorders.

that is exactly what is being said
Prove it.

alwight

Then maybe you shouldn't make generalized statements regarding disorders.
Why?
Would you feel personally threatened if executing those with Asperger's Syndrome was the law?
Oh dear, perhaps we "normals" should go pick on another minority group? :think:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Why?
Would you feel personally threatened if executing those with Asperger's Syndrome was the law?
Oh dear, perhaps we "normals" should go pick on another minority group? :think:
:doh:

I am amazed that anyone could be as stupid as you and still be functional.

My entire point was regarding your post that we should not punish people with disorders. It has nothing to do with your jocular attempt at humor in proposing Aspie's also be rounded up. Especially since that was obviously meant to be a joke. I feel sorry for you, that you don't know how to actually be funny.

alwight

:doh:

I am amazed that anyone could be as stupid as you and still be functional.

My entire point was regarding your post that we should not punish people with disorders. It has nothing to do with your jocular attempt at humor in proposing Aspie's also be rounded up. Especially since that was obviously meant to be a joke. I feel sorry for you, that you don't know how to actually be funny.
At least I can always turn to you for advice on applying some levity. :rolleyes: