Evolution... Do we believe?

Stuu

Lol. Yes in proper science "proof" is not an accurate word...I wasn't aware the general readership of this forum are on par to minds such as Neil Degrasse Tyson and Bill Nye. ;)

I will attempt to use more precise wording in my future academic statements. :p
Quite right. So, if we accept that point and use language as it is commonly used here, then the fact of the matter is that evolution by natural selection is proved beyond any reasonable doubt.

Stuart

Hawkins

Quite right. So, if we accept that point and use language as it is commonly used here, then the fact of the matter is that evolution by natural selection is proved beyond any reasonable doubt.

Stuart

Hate to burst your bubble but the one trick which can make you unable to answer the question is,

The evolution of what and from what is proved beyond doubt?

Stuu

Hate to burst your bubble but the one trick which can make you unable to answer the question is,

The evolution of what and from what is proved beyond doubt?
The evolution of life, from an ancestor common to all life on earth today.

What did you think I meant?

Stuart

Jamie Gigliotti

Many Christians dislike even uttering the word evolution, but we must be intelligent in our walk with Christ.

While we lack solid scientific proof of macro evolution, we understand microevolution occurs on a constant basis. The idea that Organisms can change and adapt is very easy to prove.

We must realize that science and Christianity can not only coexist, but complement one other if we are honest and intelligent about our discernment of both.

What think ye?
It is not true. Chromosome change through genetic mutation does not add or subtract chromosome pairs. Adding chromosomes causes downs syndrome.

HisServant

I believe that trying to use science which deals with natural world is never going to jive with a supernatural event like creation.

The natural world is what it is, based on our science... but it in no way conflicts with God's supernatural creation event.

PopeFrancieLXIX

I believe that trying to use science which deals with natural world is never going to jive with a supernatural event like creation.

The natural world is what it is, based on our science... but it in no way conflicts with God's supernatural creation event.

Actually, I fully believe that with further advances of science, we can understand things that seem supernatural. Look at what would be considered supernatural if we had read about it 200 years ago..

HisServant

Actually, I fully believe that with further advances of science, we can understand things that seem supernatural. Look at what would be considered supernatural if we had read about it 200 years ago..

I think there is a ceiling to human intelligence.. thus limiting science.

I actually think we are getting dumber these days (on average) so the outlook is looking more dim every day.

PopeFrancieLXIX

The evolution of life, from an ancestor common to all life on earth today.

What did you think I meant?

Stuart

While we do share commonalities with many things and that our fundamental building blocks are the same... There is reasonable doubt that one organism could mutate or evolve into a completely new organism. Not to say that an organism through evolution could not have dramatic changes making it appear different.

Jose Fly

To the general public? Yes...

That's not what I asked. I asked if you think "a fish evolving into a monkey" is part of evolutionary theory.

But to be more specific, no.

So you agree that "a fish evolving into a monkey" is not a part of evolutionary theory.

It is equally as improbable that a microorganism could evolve into different unrelated organisms.

Your statement doesn't make any sense. If a population evolves into a new species, the two are by definition, related.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
To the general public? Yes...

But to be more specific, no. It is equally as improbable that a microorganism could evolve into different unrelated organisms.

And you know this based on your years of scientific work. Please explain in detail with references to the scientific literature