Evidence of the Holy Spirit

Ben Masada

Living by law doesn't work. Has laws and rules cured the evils in the world? Of course not.

If anything it makes people worse. Paul said that the law made him sin, Romans 7:7-12.

It is only when we are free from the law that we can live holy lives.

Has grace cured the evils in the world? Before Paul brought us his gospel of "grace" the world was evil; after he was gone, the world has become worse. Your problem is that you anthropomorphize the Law and expect it to cure the world. The Law is subject to man's Freewill. We must want to obey it so that the world be healed. Grace uses the same tools to operate. Obedience is the word. There is absolutely no difference between the Law and grace. Either you seek grace or the Law, it makes no difference as long as you obey the Law. The rest is all verbal juggling that means nothing.

Robert Pate

Banned
Has grace cured the evils in the world? Before Paul brought us his gospel of "grace" the world was evil; after he was gone, the world has become worse. Your problem is that you anthropomorphize the Law and expect it to cure the world. The Law is subject to man's Freewill. We must want to obey it so that the world be healed. Grace uses the same tools to operate. Obedience is the word. There is absolutely no difference between the Law and grace. Either you seek grace or the Law, it makes no difference as long as you obey the Law. The rest is all verbal juggling that means nothing.

Because of the law there are 2 million men in prison. They were put there by the law. Some of them are worse than wild animals.

Only about 10% are rehabilitated by prison. Most come out only to go back in again.

The only cure for humanity is not the law, but a changed heart that can only come through faith in Christ and his Gospel.

Ben Masada

Because of the law there are 2 million men in prison. They were put there by the law. Some of them are worse than wild animals.

Only about 10% are rehabilitated by prison. Most come out only to go back in again.

The only cure for humanity is not the law, but a changed heart that can only come through faith in Christ and his Gospel.

Faith in the dead causes no rehabilitation of criminal minds. If the Law was not applied to punish the criminals of our time, two more millions, as you have mentioned above, would be enjoying a freedom to commit more and more crimes. A freedom that they themselves had jeopardized. Nothing comes through faith which is not accompanied by the Law. James himself said that faith without the works of the Law is akin to a body without the breath of life. (James 2:26)Dead if you wanna know what he meant.

chair

Well, this thread didn't go very far. Maybe its not controversial enough.

Maybe people are just plain tired of your threads. You must have started hundreds of them, all of the basically the same theme:

My ideas about god are right, yours are wrong- and I will label your ideas as "religion" according to my own unique definition of teh term.

Robert Pate

Banned
Maybe people are just plain tired of your threads. You must have started hundreds of them, all of the basically the same theme:

My ideas about god are right, yours are wrong- and I will label your ideas as "religion" according to my own unique definition of teh term.

Your Messiah has come and gone and you missed him. All that is left for you now is an obsolete religion that is decaying and passing away, Hebrews 8:13.