Evidence of the Holy Spirit

Robert Pate

Banned
"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world" 1 John 4:1.

I don't have much trouble figuring out who is a Christian and who is not a Christian. There are many on the Forum that profess that they are Christians when in reality they are not.

Jesus said, "Not everyone that says to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter the Kingdom of heaven, but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven" Matthew 7:21.

What is the will of the Father? The will of the Father is that you believe on his Son Jesus Christ.

All that posses the Holy Spirit will magnify the work and the person of Jesus Christ which is the Gospel.

"But when the comforter is come (the Holy Spirit) whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceeds from the Father, HE SHALL TESTIFY OF ME" John 15:26.

What do the religious talk about? They talk about themselves. Catholics are preoccupied with themselves and the Catholic church. All that Calvinist can talk about is that they have been predestinated, which is a lie. They never talk about how Jesus has justified ungodly sinners, Romans 4:5. Nor do they talk about how Jesus has reconciled a world of lost sinners unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. They don't talk about it because they don't believe it.

Jesus said, "He (the Holy Spirit) SHALL GLORIFY ME: for he shall receive of me and shall show it unto you" John 16:14.

There are many on the Forum that have no idea of what the Gospel is, nor do they want to know. They are NOT Christians, they are counterfeits. They don't magnify Christ or his Gospel. What they magnify is their phony, worthless religion.

daqq

"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world" 1 John 4:1.

I don't have much trouble figuring out who is a Christian and who is not a Christian. There are many on the Forum that profess that they are Christians when in reality they are not.

Jesus said, "Not everyone that says to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter the Kingdom of heaven, but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven" Matthew 7:21.

What is the will of the Father? The will of the Father is that you believe on his Son Jesus Christ.

All that posses the Holy Spirit will magnify the work and the person of Jesus Christ which is the Gospel.

"But when the comforter is come (the Holy Spirit) whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceeds from the Father, HE SHALL TESTIFY OF ME" John 15:26.

What do the religious talk about? They talk about themselves. Catholics are preoccupied with themselves and the Catholic church. All that Calvinist can talk about is that they have been predestinated, which is a lie. They never talk about how Jesus has justified ungodly sinners, Romans 4:5. Nor do they talk about how Jesus has reconciled a world of lost sinners unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. They don't talk about it because they don't believe it.

Jesus said, "He (the Holy Spirit) SHALL GLORIFY ME: for he shall receive of me and shall show it unto you" John 16:14.

There are many on the Forum that have no idea of what the Gospel is, nor do they want to know. They are NOT Christians, they are counterfeits. They don't magnify Christ or his Gospel. What they magnify is their phony, worthless religion.

Well, this thread didn't go very far. Maybe its not controversial enough.

Awe . . . not getting enough attention lately? :)

One cannot "try the spirits" without the Testimony of Yeshua which is the New Covenant Spirit.
Here is some Testimony of Yeshua for you: Judge not, that you not be judged. (Matthew 7:1).

The spirit of the testimony of Pate is found wanting. :)

Here is the Testimony from Apostles of Yeshua concerning the will of Elohim:

1 Thessalonians 4:1-8 KJV
1 Furthermore then we beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us
how ye ought to walk and to please God, so ye would abound more and more.
2 For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus.
For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:
4 That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;
5 Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God:
6 That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified.
7 For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.
8 He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit.

Hebrews 10:35-36 KJV
35 Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.
36 For ye have need of patience, that,
after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

The spirit of the testimony of Pate is weighed in the balances of scripture and found wanting. :)

Robert Pate

Banned
daqq.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ calls for holy living. If you cannot live a holy life then it may not be a good idea to profess that you are a Christian.

However, even though we live holy lives we have still been born after Adam, Romans 5:12.

We still fall short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23.

Therefore, your holy Christian life can never be the basis for your salvation. The sin is within, therefore the salvation must without.

We must go outside of ourselves to the one who is without sin. Jesus in our name and on our behalf fulfilled God's holy law and atoned for our sins. Because of that we are justified by faith.

daqq

daqq.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ calls for holy living. If you cannot live a holy life then it may not be a good idea to profess that you are a Christian.

However, even though we live holy lives we have still been born after Adam, Romans 5:12.

Therefore, your holy Christian life can never be the basis for your salvation. The sin is within, therefore the salvation must without.

We must go outside of ourselves to the one who is without sin. Jesus in our name and on our behalf fulfilled God's holy law and atoned for our sins. Because of that we are justified by faith.

Sin is not within, that is, not in the inner man of the believer, but rather sin and evil dwell in the flesh, (and you consider yourself a teacher?). Read Paul, particularly Romans 7:18-25, and elsewhere in many places where he clearly admonishes the reader to mortify the deeds of the body and your members which are upon your earth. :)

Ben Masada

I agree that the gospel of Jesus calls for holy living because Jesus was a Jew and his gospel was the Tanach but, the Tanach has nothing to do with Christianity.

Not only Adam had Freewill but also we all do. Therefore, we cannot blame Adam for our breaking of the Law.

But the same God has granted us with the chance to set things right with HaShem so that our sins, from scarlet red become as white as snow through repentance and return to the obedience of the Law. (Isaiah 1:18,19)

The basis of our salvation as Jesus made it quite sure is to listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31)

Jesus was not without sin. Don't forget Mat. 23:13-33! Yes, Jesus fulfilled God's Holy Law and made sure we all did the same till heavens and earth passed away. (Mat. 5:17-19) As the loyal Jew that Jesus was, he could not contradict the Prophets who said that no one can atone for the sins of another.(Ezekiel 18:3)Last but not least, we are not justified by faith but by listening to "Moses" aka the Law, said Jesus himself in Luke 16:29-31.

Robert Pate

Banned
Sin is not within, that is, not in the inner man of the believer, but rather sin and evil dwell in the flesh, (and you consider yourself a teacher?). Read Paul, particularly Romans 7:18-25, and elsewhere in many places where he clearly admonishes the reader to mortify the deeds of the body and your members which are upon your earth. :)

If you had the Holy Spirit you would know that the sin is within. The Christian struggles with sin just like Paul did, Romans 7:13-25.

daqq

If you had the Holy Spirit you would know that the sin is within. The Christian struggles with sin just like Paul did, Romans 7:13-25.

So insinuating that I do not have the Holy Spirit and thereby implying that you do by default, (because you have now made yet another judgment of someone you do not know), is your answer? In case you failed to notice I did not even actually judge you in my first response but rather the spirit of your words, (because testimony is spirit), and thereby was merely giving a rather forceful example how to test or try the spirits. You cannot test or try the spirits unless you have the scripture as your foundation against which all things are tried or tested. If something someone says or writes does not comply with the scripture then it should be avoided. However you have now judged me according to your own private judgment without actually even providing any scripture foundation or basis for your judgment. Can you not see what Paul says in the passage I quoted from Romans 7 already? He clearly tells you that sin and evil dwells in the flesh and that when it comes to the mind he serves the Torah of Elohim, (Horeb which is of above), but when it comes to the flesh he serves the Torah of sin, (Sinai which is of below), and uses it against the sin which dwells in the flesh, (mortify the deeds of the body and your members which are upon the earth as also already stated). Denying what Paul says and judging me as not having the Holy Spirit only shows that you are fearful of the truth. The Testimony of Yeshua is the New Covenant Spirit: if you do not have the Testimony of Yeshua then you do not have Holy Spirit. Yet you deny the Testimony of Yeshua from Matthew 7 which was also already referenced in my first post. You deny it because you judge me as not having the Holy Spirit just because we do not agree on something. Perhaps someone has a beam in his eye and therefore cannot see the forest because of the tree. :)

Robert Pate

Banned
daqq.

Paul confessed that he was a sinner. It is the work of the Holy Spirit to convict of sin.

"This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; OF WHOM I AM CHIEF" 1 Timothy 1:15.

If Paul the apostle, confessed that he was a sinner, then where does that leave you and me?

Robert Pate

Banned
Here's the evidence. See this, see the Holy Spirit's presence in someone.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22-23

I know of some Mormon cultist that can outshine most Christians. Do they have the Holy Spirit?

Ben Masada

Paul confessed that he was a sinner. It is the work of the Holy Spirit to convict of sin.

"This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; OF WHOM I AM CHIEF" 1 Timothy 1:15.

If Paul the apostle, confessed that he was a sinner, then where does that leave you and me?

Indeed he did it. And he was so serious that, as a sinner, he made a deal aka a covenant with the Lord to care for the Law whereas in his mind only while serving sin in his flesh. (Romans 7:25) That's a no no, and absolutely unacceptable. Even Jesus himself said that no one can serve two masters. In this case, the Law and one's addiction to his or her sinful condition that he or she cannot get rid of.

Last edited:

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Or perhaps it's so raw and convicting, people are scared by it.

Well written and uncomfortably strong warnings.

I say, home run Robert Pate. 😉

Sent from my HTC One M9 using TheologyOnline mobile app