Every Believer Must Do Good Works and Proclaim the Gospel, Some Are Called to Teach

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
You simply don't have a correct understanding of what "Faith" is as most others here . Not your fault really it's because of the mistranslation .

I'm not talking about faith, I'm talking about feeding the homeless man on the street. Your faith is worthless if you look upon him and say, "I don't have to give to this man",

What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works... (James 2:14-26 [ESV])

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
Do you beat on the tree and demand it to bare apples . Or do you give and water and the right kind of nutrients ?

A bad tree will not yield good fruit, no matter how much you water it. I am on here trying to water many plants, and so far I am met with much resistance, because there are many bad trees on here that simply do not want to bear good fruit, for whatever reasons they have deceived themselves into believing.

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
Are you falsely claiming that I do not think that "good works" should be done?

Once again you IGNORE the context of the scripture.

Jas 1:1 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:1) James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

Without the CONTEXT, you will just be extremely confused.

That verse MEANS something. James has a TARGET audience.

So you're also one that jumps from translation to translation to find what you "want".

FYI, Matthew is also in the CONTEXT of the nation of Israel.

Good works NEVER earn salvation.

Lets cut to the chase. Must a believer do good works, yay or nay? Lets dispense with beating around the bush with "context" and whatnot. What say you? One word response is sufficient to affirm where you stand. Yes or no.

Right Divider

Body part
Lets cut to the chase. Must a believer do good works, yay or nay? Lets dispense with beating around the bush with "context" and whatnot. What say you? One word response is sufficient to affirm where you stand. Yes or no.
Not to earn salvation.

I'll just go ahead and believe the Word of God.

Eph 2:10 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:10) For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I'm not talking about faith, I'm talking about feeding the homeless man on the street. Your faith is worthless if you look upon him and say, "I don't have to give to this man",

What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works... (James 2:14-26 [ESV])

Your preaching to the Choir . My wife and i started and maintained every part of a charity org . 8 sober houses 5 beds per house . Fed 1000 people a week for 5 years . I won't go into whats involved in this but the fact is , the reason i did this was because of "Faith" . The true meaning of Faith and faithing the application of faith is , "A personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender ." As the result of a genuine surrender and daily decisions to support said surrender , God put the Spirit of Christ i8n me which "caused" a overflowing desire to give . A giving that had no expectation to give or any thought of something i "must" do to recieve something .

The giving your explaining as something we must do , is the fruit of having the Spirit of Christ . With the Holy Spirit we give because we must from the perspective we can't contain it , not because we must do get something . Very big difference .

Faither

BANNED
Banned
A bad tree will not yield good fruit, no matter how much you water it. I am on here trying to water many plants, and so far I am met with much resistance, because there are many bad trees on here that simply do not want to bear good fruit, for whatever reasons they have deceived themselves into believing.

I appreciate your mission , i'm trying to do the same thing . But i'm hearing you say we get fruit from the tree by beating on it . Your saying " we must " do good works to be in Christ, thats just not true from the perspective your presenting .

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
I appreciate your mission , i'm trying to do the same thing . But i'm hearing you say we get fruit from the tree by beating on it . Your saying " we must " do good works to be in Christ, thats just not true from the perspective your presenting .

You actually MUST. Its not optional. I provided the scriptures proving this, which is why my study is so lengthy, because of how many scriptures there are saying this.

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
Not to earn salvation.

I'll just go ahead and believe the Word of God.

Eph 2:10 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:10) For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Beating around the bush again. You don't want to arrive at the conclusion that you must do good works simply because...... you don't want to. Even though the scriptures indicate our obligation to.

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
Your preaching to the Choir . My wife and i started and maintained every part of a charity org . 8 sober houses 5 beds per house . Fed 1000 people a week for 5 years . I won't go into whats involved in this but the fact is , the reason i did this was because of "Faith" . The true meaning of Faith and faithing the application of faith is , "A personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender ." As the result of a genuine surrender and daily decisions to support said surrender , God put the Spirit of Christ i8n me which "caused" a overflowing desire to give . A giving that had no expectation to give or any thought of something i "must" do to recieve something .

The giving your explaining as something we must do , is the fruit of having the Spirit of Christ . With the Holy Spirit we give because we must from the perspective we can't contain it , not because we must do get something . Very big difference .

Lets cut to to the chase, as I told someone else. Must we do good works, yay or nay? If you see a homeless man hungry on the street, do you have the right to refuse him food? What say you?

Right Divider

Body part
Beating around the bush again. You don't want to arrive at the conclusion that you must do good works simply because...... you don't want to. Even though the scriptures indicate our obligation to.
Nope. I just won't answer the way that you want me to.

The gospel of the grace of God has no "mandatory good works to receive salvation".

You just think you're the greatest thing ever. That's why you want to show off.

That's pretty typical of someone "in the flesh" (Romans 8:8).

Epoisses

James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting. James 1:1

And that target audience would have been believing Jews from the twelve tribes seeing the unbelieving Jews from the twelve tribes would not have got past the name - JESUS CHRIST!!

Did you see that formula - Dispensational unbeliever?

Believing Jews from the twelve tribes vs. unbelieving Jews from the twelve tribes.

Right Divider and all MAD's run from this post!

Faither

BANNED
Banned
You actually MUST. Its not optional. I provided the scriptures proving this, which is why my study is so lengthy, because of how many scriptures there are saying this.

The Scriptures are talking to those who have received the Spirit of Christ , and as the result of that , Gods Word is speaking to them. Your looking at it like the Word of God belongs to those who have not received His Spirit yet. If your interpreting Gods Word as though it belongs to anyone who reads it , this is what happens .

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Lets cut to to the chase, as I told someone else. Must we do good works, yay or nay? If you see a homeless man hungry on the street, do you have the right to refuse him food? What say you?

Why do you look at the homeless man as if you are in a better place than he is . The truth might be He has more to offer and help you .

I've laid out the NT way of giving from the perspective that Gods Word is mine to claim .

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
Why do you look at the homeless man as if you are in a better place than he is . The truth might be He has more to offer and help you .

I've laid out the NT way of giving from the perspective that Gods Word is mine to claim .

Beating around the bush. It all boils down to this.... YOU DONT WANT TO GIVE.

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
Nope. I just won't answer the way that you want me to.

The gospel of the grace of God has no "mandatory good works to receive salvation".

You just think you're the greatest thing ever. That's why you want to show off.

That's pretty typical of someone "in the flesh" (Romans 8:8).

Oh really? I don't know what gospel you're reading, but.....

If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them. (James 4:17 [NIV])

so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, (Colossians 1:10 [NIV])

And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work. (2 Corinthians 9:8 [ESV])

Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from what is dishonorable, he will be a vessel for honorable use, set apart as holy, useful to the master of the house, ready for every good work. (2 Timothy 2:21 [ESV])

that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work. (2 Timothy 3:17 [ESV])

And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased. (Hebrews 13:16 [NIV])

Who is wise and understanding among you? By his good conduct let him show his works in the meekness of wisdom.
(James 3:13 [ESV])

who gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works. (Titus 2:14 [ESV])

Do everything you can to help Zenas the lawyer and Apollos on their way and see that they have everything they need. Our people must learn to devote themselves to doing what is good, in order to provide for urgent needs and not live unproductive lives.
(Titus 3:13-14 [NIV])

Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. (1 Peter 4:10 [NIV])

They are to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share, (1 Timothy 6:18 [ESV])

If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person? Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. (1 John 3:17-18 [NIV])

Remind them to be submissive to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work, (Titus 3:1 [ESV])

remembering before our God and Father your work of faith and labor of love and steadfastness of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Thessalonians 1:3 [ESV])

So then, those who suffer according to God’s will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good. (1 Peter 4:19 [NIV])

Also, the women are to dress themselves in modest clothing, with decency and good sense, not with elaborate hairstyles, gold, pearls, or expensive apparel, but with good works, as is proper for women who affirm that they worship God.
(1 Timothy 2:9-10 [HCSB])

Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain. (1 Corinthians 15:58 [ESV])

but both first to those in Damascus and Jerusalem, and all the region of Judea, and to the Gentiles, I kept declaring to repent and to turn to God, doing works worthy of repentance. (Acts 26:20 [BLB])

Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. (Matthew 7:21 [ESV])

“‘Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen. (Ezekiel 16:49-50 [NIV])

Then Jesus said to his host, “When you give a luncheon or dinner, do not invite your friends, your brothers or sisters, your relatives, or your rich neighbors; if you do, they may invite you back and so you will be repaid. But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.” (Luke 14:12-14 [NIV])

So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith. (Galatians 6:10 [ESV])

Share with the saints who are in need… (Romans 12:13 [BSB])

All they asked was that we should continue to remember the poor, the very thing I had been eager to do all along. (Galatians 2:10 [NIV])

this is the interpretation, O king, and this is the decree of the Most High, which has come upon my lord the king: that you be driven away from mankind and your dwelling place be with the beasts of the field, and you be given grass to eat like cattle and be drenched with the dew of heaven; and seven periods of time will pass over you, until you recognize that the Most High is ruler over the realm of mankind and bestows it on whomever He wishes. And in that it was commanded to leave the stump with the roots of the tree, your kingdom will be assured to you after you recognize that it is Heaven that rules. Therefore, O king, may my advice be pleasing to you: break away now from your sins by doing righteousness and from your iniquities by showing mercy to the poor, in case there may be a prolonging of your prosperity.’ (Daniel 4:24-27 [NASB])

Is not this the fast that I choose: to loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the straps of the yoke, to let the oppressed go free, and to break every yoke? Is it not to share your bread with the hungry and bring the homeless poor into your house; when you see the naked, to cover him, and not to hide yourself from your own flesh? Then shall your light break forth like the dawn, and your healing shall spring up speedily; your righteousness shall go before you; the glory of the LORD shall be your rear guard. Then you shall call, and the LORD will answer; you shall cry, and he will say, ‘Here I am.’ If you take away the yoke from your midst, the pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness, (Isaiah 58:6-9 [ESV])

Whoever closes his ear to the cry of the poor will himself call out and not be answered. (Proverbs 21:13 [ESV])

Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to act. Do not say to your neighbor, “Come back tomorrow and I’ll give it to you”– when you already have it with you. (Proverbs 3:27-28 [NIV])

“Wash yourselves, and make yourselves clean; remove your evil behavior from my presence; stop practicing what is evil. Learn to practice what is good; seek justice, alleviate oppression, defend orphans in court, and plead the widow’s case. “Please come, and let’s reason together,” implores the LORD. “Even though your sins are like scarlet, they’ll be white like snow. Though they’re like crimson, they’ll become like wool. (Isaiah 1:16-18 [ISV])

Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever. (1 Timothy 5:8 [NIV])

You are everything that's wrong with believers nowadays, for you think that you do not need to do good works!!!!!!!!

Faither

BANNED
Banned

I've given everything for 31 years . But it wasn't me that was doing it , it was the Spirit of Christ that dwells in me that did it . I continually surrender my life to Him , and the result was and is , you want to give everything .

Not much of a business man am i . Maybe thats why the narrow path only has a few that find it .

Anyway , i want to give you props for the part of your OP that acknowledged some who are teachers. Most of us are saints being perfected , being perfected by gifted teachers. The problem is everyone wants to be a teacher .

Faither

BANNED
Banned

Let me ask you this .

Are the tithes ( theres 3 of them ) for telling us what we " must " give .

Or are the tithes for putting a limit on our giving so we don't give everything ?

Right Divider

Body part
Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever. (1 Timothy 5:8 [NIV])

You are everything that's wrong with believers nowadays, for you think that you do not need to do good works!!!!!!!!
Wow. You just keep LYING about what I have said.

First, that Timothy verse has NOTHING to with with EARNING SALVATION. That we should provide for our relatives and family is OBVIOUS to any believer and I have NEVER said ANYTHING that can be even remotely construed as saying otherwise.

Self-righteous folks, like yourself, just have to have your false teaching "supported" by perverting the scripture. You are a Luke 18:11 kind of guy.

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
Wow. You just keep LYING about what I have said.

First, that Timothy verse has NOTHING to with with EARNING SALVATION. That we should provide for our relatives and family is OBVIOUS to any believer and I have NEVER said ANYTHING that can be even remotely construed as saying otherwise.

Self-righteous folks, like yourself, just have to have your false teaching "supported" by perverting the scripture. You are a Luke 18:11 kind of guy.

If I'm self righteous for teaching giving to the poor and helping others, I wonder what that makes you. -laughing out loud and rolling me eyes at the stupidity I have to deal with on these forums-

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
Let me ask you this .

Are the tithes ( theres 3 of them ) for telling us what we " must " give .

Or are the tithes for putting a limit on our giving so we don't give everything ?

Why would a tenth come up for consideration in regards to a limit of giving if we all our called to sell all our possessions and properties before we even give, where Zacheus even gave half his possessions away?

But Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord, “Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount.” Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham.
(Luke 19:8-9 [NIV])

Read this http://www.wisdomofgod.co/2017/02/19/humility-and-sell-all-your-possessions-and-properties/ .