Elect According to Foreknowledge

Derf

To clarify, it was poor wording on my part.

Allow me to reword it:

"We" are not the elect.

This should have been obvious, considering I was pointing out that Israel is called "the Elect Lady," among other things.

The problem you face, Derf, is that we in the body of Christ are not "CHOSEN" for salvation, but called to preach the gospel of Christ.

Israel, on the other hand, WAS a chosen nation, chosen to be God's ministers to the Gentiles.
I appreciate the clarification. And from your description, neither Israel nor the body of Christ is elected to salvation, but both are elect unto something, right?

Israel, to be God’s ministers to the Gentiles, as you say. And the church? What are we elect for or to?

glorydaz

I appreciate the clarification. And from your description, neither Israel nor the body of Christ is elected to salvation, but both are elect unto something, right?

Israel, to be God’s ministers to the Gentiles, as you say. And the church? What are we elect for or to?
The Jews have always been God's elect nation. Their sins will be forgiven in the future, after the tribulation, and they will receive their Kingdom on earth. A physical people.

Romans 11:25-27
For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Now, during this time of the Gentiles, we are an elect people IN CHRIST JESUS. A Spiritual people. We are saved when we believe the Gospel of Salvation.

Colossians 3:11-13 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all. Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

Derf

The Jews have always been God's elect nation. Their sins will be forgiven in the future, after the tribulation, and they will receive their Kingdom on earth. A physical people.

Romans 11:25-27
For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Now, during this time of the Gentiles, we are an elect people IN CHRIST JESUS. A Spiritual people. We are saved when we believe the Gospel of Salvation.

Colossians 3:11-13 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all. Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
Thanks, GD. And welcome back.
You’ve given good scripture to show that we are elect, which is agreement with @JudgeRightly and myself, but I couldn’t tell if you were answering my question to JR, which was to find out what he thought we were elect for, if not for salvation.

glorydaz

Thanks, GD. And welcome back.
You’ve given good scripture to show that we are elect, which is agreement with @JudgeRightly and myself, but I couldn’t tell if you were answering my question to JR, which was to find out what he thought we were elect for, if not for salvation.
Not sure what JR was meaning.

Good to see you again, Derf.

Hoping

Banned
Some like to say the elect are chosen by God, but I feel they are being addressed as elect because they have chosen God.
Had we not chosen to obey God, we would not be the elect.
God didn't force us to obey Him.
That would be unfair.