Elders

clefty

I said
You should learn to love Jesus. If you did you would have the Word abiding in you.

John 21:15-17
15 So when they had eaten breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me more than these?" He said to Him, "Yes, Lord; You know that I love You." He said to him, "Feed My lambs."
16 He said to him again a second time, "Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?" He said to Him, "Yes, Lord; You know that I love You." He said to him, "Tend My sheep."
17 He said to him the third time, "Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?" Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, "Do you love Me?" And he said to Him, "Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You." Jesus said to him, "Feed My sheep.
(NKJ)

John 8:42-43
42 Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me.
43 "Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word.
(NKJ)

John 14:15
15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments.
(NKJ)

John 14:24
24 "He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me.
(NKJ)

John 5:38-41
38 "But you do not have His word abiding in you, because whom He sent, Him you do not believe.
39 "You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.
40 "But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.
41 "I do not receive honor from men.
(NKJ)

You are so right...learning to love Him as He loved us and others is never ending...

These texts are helpful in understanding He indeed was our example in keeping in the Love of His Father...by obeying Him...not able to do anything of His own but the Will of His Father...

All this to say what you in error infer as a changed law of Christ remains actually the same as His Fathers...it remains in fact His Father's immutable Law...

Last edited: