Elders

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
TO THINK OF YOUR ELDERS IN THE WORD-YOU HAVE ELDERS
1 Pet 5:1-7
1 The elders who are among you I exhort, I who am a fellow elder and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that will be revealed:
2 Shepherd the flock of God which is among you, serving as overseers, not by compulsion but willingly, not for dishonest gain but eagerly;
3 nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock;
4 and when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that does not fade away.
5 Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders. Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for "God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble."
6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,
7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
1 Pet 4:15
15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, a thief, an evildoer, or as a busybody in other people's matters.
1Thes 4:11
11 that you also aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you,
Rom 12:18
18 If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.
II Th 1:6
6 since it is a righteous thing with God to repay with tribulation those who trouble you,
Rom 12:19-21
19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay," says the Lord.
20 Therefore "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him a drink; for in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head."
21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Rom 13:1
1 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God.
II Th 1:7-8
7 and to give you who are troubled rest with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels,
8 in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Tim 5:19
19 Do not receive an accusation against an elder except from two or three witnesses.
Gal 3:12
12 Yet the law is not of faith, but "the man who does them shall live by them."
Rom 14:23
23 But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin.
2 Cor 10:4-5
4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
Matt 7:1-5
1 "Judge not, that you be not judged.
2 "For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.
3 "And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?
4 "Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove the speck from your eye'; and look, a plank is in your own eye?
5 "Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck out of your brother's eye.
Rom 12:3
3 For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.
1Thes 5:12-13
12 And we urge you, brethren, to recognize those who labor among you, and are over you in the Lord and admonish you,
13 and to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. Be at peace among yourselves.
1Thes 5:16-23
16 Rejoice always,
17 pray without ceasing,
18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
19 Do not quench the Spirit.
20 Do not despise prophecies.
21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.
22 Abstain from every form of evil.
23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Heb 10:36-39
36 For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise:
37 "For yet a little while, and He who is coming will come and will not tarry.
38 Now the just shall live by faith; but if anyone draws back, my soul has no pleasure in him."
39 But we are not of those who draw back to perdition, but of those who believe to the saving of the soul.
Heb 12:1-2
1 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,
2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Gal 5:24-26
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.
Heb 13:7
7 Remember those who rule over you, who have spoken the word of God to you, whose faith follow, considering the outcome of their conduct.
Gal 6:16
16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God.
Phil 3:15-17
15 Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you.
16 Nevertheless, to the degree that we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us be of the same mind.
17 Brethren, join in following my example, and note those who so walk, as you have us for a pattern.
Col 3:15
15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful.
1 Tim 5:17
17 Let the elders who rule well be counted worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in the word and doctrine.
(NKJ)

xxx If you dont know you have elders your still full of pride. If you dont know your elders, your deceived. Whether you like it or not you have elders over you. If you dont give them due respect God will defend them. Because God placed them there. Remember this you cant learn if your trying to teach. And if your trying to teach an elder or get your point across you will not learn what the elder is trying to teach you.
An Elder is anyone who is further along in their walk than you are. Those in the milk defend their theology. And theology is spiritual theory. And theory is guessing. Those in the meat defend their verses. Those in the revelations of Jesus Christ defend their revelations.

1 Tim 5:1

1 Rebuke not an elder, but intreat him as a father; and the younger men as brethren;
(KJV)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
If you don't know the elders you will get in trouble.

Heb 10:30-31
30 For we know Him who said, "Vengeance is Mine; I will repay," says the Lord. And again, "The Lord will judge His people."
31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
(NKJ)

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
xxx If you dont know you have elders your still full of pride. If you dont know your elders, your deceived. Whether you like it or not you have elders over you. If you dont give them due respect God will defend them. Because God placed them there. Remember this you cant learn if your trying to teach. And if your trying to teach an elder or get your point across you will not learn what the elder is trying to teach you.
An Elder is anyone who is further along in their walk than you are.

)

No, the elders are ordained-

Tit 1:5 For this cause left I thee in Crete, that thou shouldest set in order the things that are wanting, and ordain elders in every city, as I had appointed thee:
Tit 1:6 If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly.
Tit 1:7 For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre;
Tit 1:8 But a lover of hospitality, a lover of good men, sober, just, holy, temperate;
Tit 1:9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

They are not people who officiate in church services under a pastor.

Apostles prophets teachers evangelists may all be elders but there are others.

Elders have no authority outside of their responsibility in the churches but Gods Word does.

Know the difference.

1Co 9:5 Have we not power to lead about a sister, a wife, as well as other apostles, and as the brethren of the Lord, and Cephas?
1Co 9:6 Or I only and Barnabas, have not we power to forbear working?
1Co 9:7 Who goeth a warfare any time at his own charges? who planteth a vineyard, and eateth not of the fruit thereof? or who feedeth a flock, and eateth not of the milk of the flock?
1Co 9:8 Say I these things as a man? or saith not the law the same also?
1Co 9:9 For it is written in the law of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen?
1Co 9:10 Or saith he it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written: that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope.
1Co 9:11 If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?
1Co 9:12 If others be partakers of this power over you, are not we rather? Nevertheless we have not used this power; but suffer all things, lest we should hinder the gospel of Christ.
1Co 9:13 Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar?
1Co 9:14 Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.
1Co 9:15 But I have used none of these things: neither have I written these things, that it should be so done unto me: for it were better for me to die, than that any man should make my glorying void.
1Co 9:16 For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!
1Co 9:17 For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.
1Co 9:18 What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.
1Co 9:19 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

LA

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
No, the elders are ordained-

Tit 1:5 For this cause left I thee in Crete, that thou shouldest set in order the things that are wanting, and ordain elders in every city, as I had appointed thee:
Tit 1:6 If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly.
Tit 1:7 For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre;
Tit 1:8 But a lover of hospitality, a lover of good men, sober, just, holy, temperate;
Tit 1:9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

They are not people who officiate in church services under a pastor.

Apostles prophets teachers evangelists may all be elders but there are others.

Elders have no authority outside of their responsibility in the churches but Gods Word does.

Know the difference.

1Co 9:5 Have we not power to lead about a sister, a wife, as well as other apostles, and as the brethren of the Lord, and Cephas?
1Co 9:6 Or I only and Barnabas, have not we power to forbear working?
1Co 9:7 Who goeth a warfare any time at his own charges? who planteth a vineyard, and eateth not of the fruit thereof? or who feedeth a flock, and eateth not of the milk of the flock?
1Co 9:8 Say I these things as a man? or saith not the law the same also?
1Co 9:9 For it is written in the law of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen?
1Co 9:10 Or saith he it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written: that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope.
1Co 9:11 If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?
1Co 9:12 If others be partakers of this power over you, are not we rather? Nevertheless we have not used this power; but suffer all things, lest we should hinder the gospel of Christ.
1Co 9:13 Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar?
1Co 9:14 Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.
1Co 9:15 But I have used none of these things: neither have I written these things, that it should be so done unto me: for it were better for me to die, than that any man should make my glorying void.
1Co 9:16 For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!
1Co 9:17 For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.
1Co 9:18 What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.
1Co 9:19 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

LA

I said
That's right God can ordain some outside the church.

Gal 1:1
1 Paul, an apostle (not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father who raised Him from the dead),
(NKJ)

1 Pet 5:1

1 The elders who are among you I exhort, I who am a fellow elder and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that will be revealed:
(NKJ)

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I said
That's right God can ordain some outside the church.

Gal 1:1
1 Paul, an apostle (not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father who raised Him from the dead),
(NKJ)

1 Pet 5:1

(NKJ)

I can not see the point in the Lord ordaining an elder outside of the church when it is for the church that they are ordained.

Christ send men outside of the church of course but Paul was sent from the church by the Holy Spirit of Jesus, but he was an elder before that--

Act 13:1 Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.
Act 13:2 As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.
Act 13:3 And when they had fasted and prayed, and laid their hands on them, they sent them away.
Act 13:4 So they, being sent forth by the Holy Ghost, departed unto Seleucia; and from thence they sailed to Cyprus.

1Pe 5:5 Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
1Pe 5:6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
1Pe 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
1Pe 5:9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

The devil tears up those who think they be something they are not yet, or may never be,

LA

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I can not see the point in the Lord ordaining an elder outside of the church when it is for the church that they are ordained.

Christ send men outside of the church of course but Paul was sent from the church by the Holy Spirit of Jesus, but he was an elder before that--

Act 13:1 Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.
Act 13:2 As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.
Act 13:3 And when they had fasted and prayed, and laid their hands on them, they sent them away.
Act 13:4 So they, being sent forth by the Holy Ghost, departed unto Seleucia; and from thence they sailed to Cyprus.

1Pe 5:5 Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
1Pe 5:6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
1Pe 5:9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

The devil tears up those who think they be something they are not yet, or may never be,

LA

I said
Ok now lets discuss what a church is. Back then they didn't have denominational churches. They just had groups of people. And what does the Word say?

Matt 18:20
20 "For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them."
(NKJ)

If Jesus was there in the midst of them they had a church. And if one of them had the Holy Spirit they had an elder.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I said
Ok now lets discuss what a church is. Back then they didn't have denominational churches. They just had groups of people. And what does the Word say?

Matt 18:20
20 "For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them."
(NKJ)

If Jesus was there in the midst of them they had a church. And if one of them had the Holy Spirit they had an elder.

I would not use that verse to describe a church.

Mat 18:15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
Mat 18:16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
Mat 18:17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.
Mat 18:18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Mat 18:19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

I would use these--

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Act 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
Act 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

The denominational method is not biblical.

Act 20:17 And from Miletus he sent to Ephesus, and called the elders of the church.
Act 20:18 And when they were come to him, he said unto them, Ye know, from the first day that I came into Asia, after what manner I have been with you at all seasons,
Act 20:19 Serving the Lord with all humility of mind, and with many tears, and temptations, which befell me by the lying in wait of the Jews:
Act 20:20 And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publickly, and from house to house,
Act 20:21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hos 8:1 Set the trumpet to thy mouth. He shall come as an eagle against the house of the LORD, because they have transgressed my covenant, and trespassed against my law.
Hos 8:2 Israel shall cry unto me, My God, we know thee.
Hos 8:3 Israel hath cast off the thing that is good: the enemy shall pursue him.
Hos 8:4 They have set up kings, but not by me: they have made princes, and I knew it not: of their silver and their gold have they made them idols, that they may be cut off.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I would not use that verse to describe a church.

Mat 18:15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
Mat 18:16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
Mat 18:17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.
Mat 18:18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Mat 18:19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

I would use these--

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Act 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
Act 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

The denominational method is not biblical.

Act 20:17 And from Miletus he sent to Ephesus, and called the elders of the church.
Act 20:18 And when they were come to him, he said unto them, Ye know, from the first day that I came into Asia, after what manner I have been with you at all seasons,
Act 20:19 Serving the Lord with all humility of mind, and with many tears, and temptations, which befell me by the lying in wait of the Jews:
Act 20:20 And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publickly, and from house to house,
Act 20:21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

LA

I said
I don't pick the verses. All I do is ask the questions. The Holy Spirit picks the verse.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You see squeaky,

LA is sincere and godly servant and he is quoting verses, yet you guys don't agree with each other.

He has the Spirit in him too, friend.

You seem to indicate you are the only one who has the HS in you.

This is arrogance.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You see squeaky,

LA is sincere and godly servant and he is quoting verses, yet you guys don't agree with each other.

He has the Spirit in him too, friend.

You seem to indicate you are the only one who has the HS in you.

This is arrogance.

I said
LA is a brother in Christ. What you fail to see is we are trading talents. Not arguing.

You seem to be doing a lot of carnal judging. Guessing. You need to learn the difference between arrogance and boldness. If someone boldly goes to the throne and asks a question then shares that answer, that is not arrogance. That is boldness.

Heb 4:16
16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
(NKJ)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I said
LA is a brother in Christ. What you fail to see is we are trading talents. Not arguing.

You seem to be doing a lot of carnal judging. Guessing. You need to learn the difference between arrogance and boldness. If someone boldly goes to the throne and asks a question then shares that answer, that is not arrogance. That is boldness.

Heb 4:16
16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
(NKJ)

"elder" is not so complicated subject, yet you have to use so many verses to know?

Just amazing.

You are making simple gospel so complicated.

Your so called "revelation" will not get you saved.

Your reasoning is so convenient.

Your reasoning is the same tactics that Trinitarians use. You are doing the same thing as they are, making simple doctrine complicated.

clefty

LA

Some here like to think they are in the church without having to meet the requirements of the church or do as the ekklessia does...especially when one fully appreciates what is expected to be a member of this ancient church started in the wilderness as st. Stephen called it

Ironically right before he was "dismissed" by others who wished to define what this church was and reject its requirements too...

Those Pharisees, like some here, wanted the promise without the obedience too...

musterion

Some here like to think they are in the church without having to meet the requirements of the church or do as the ekklessia does...especially when one fully appreciates what is expected to be a member of this ancient church started in the wilderness as st. Stephen called it

Ironically right before he was "dismissed" by others who wished to define what this church was and reject its requirements too...

Those Pharisees, like some here, wanted the promise without the obedience too...

Must be hard to keep track of all your usernames.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

the church is made up of all His servants.

Elders are functioning as teachers. Jesus says don't let anyone call you a teacher because He is the Teacher.

You see, this is why relying on the verses are not practical. We need to follow the whole context of God and Jesus' messages and teachings.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
Oh no. Here comes more old testament law. Are you going to deceive people with tithing now?

clefty

the church is made up of all His servants.

Elders are functioning as teachers. Jesus says don't let anyone call you a teacher because He is the Teacher.

You see, this is why relying on the verses are not practical. We need to follow the whole context of God and Jesus' messages and teachings.

Yup...

And prayers for the Holy Spirit's guidance... continued study of His Word and sharing with others...even being corrected...

Sometimes I think it's as we learn to relate to those who disagree with us is where we learn the most...to Love

I recall how "Fight! Fight!" would bring the whole school yard running to see what the fuss was about..lol

It's in these debates that the Word is heard the most...and salvation is in the hearing...so speak up!

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Yup...

And prayers for the Holy Spirit's guidance... continued study of His Word and sharing with others...even being corrected...

Sometimes I think it's as we learn to relate to those who disagree with us is where we learn the most...to Love

I recall how "Fight! Fight!" would bring the whole school yard running to see what the fuss was about..lol

It's in these debates that the Word is heard the most...and salvation is in the hearing...so speak up!

I said
You should learn to love Jesus. If you did you would have the Word abiding in you.

John 21:15-17
15 So when they had eaten breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me more than these?" He said to Him, "Yes, Lord; You know that I love You." He said to him, "Feed My lambs."
16 He said to him again a second time, "Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?" He said to Him, "Yes, Lord; You know that I love You." He said to him, "Tend My sheep."
17 He said to him the third time, "Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?" Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, "Do you love Me?" And he said to Him, "Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You." Jesus said to him, "Feed My sheep.
(NKJ)

John 8:42-43
42 Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me.
43 "Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word.
(NKJ)

John 14:15
15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments.
(NKJ)

John 14:24
24 "He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me.
(NKJ)

John 5:38-41
38 "But you do not have His word abiding in you, because whom He sent, Him you do not believe.
39 "You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.
40 "But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.
41 "I do not receive honor from men.
(NKJ)