Dumocracy rules!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by elected4ever

Zakath

I looked in my Dictionary and behold, the word does not exist. Sense it does not exist, in my dictionary at least, you are right. It must have no meaning at all.Much less what I though it meant.
Try the word "liar". :rolleyes:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
granite1010:

One more Gary North story:

In North's debate with Ice and House that I have on video, he states that he is not aware of any criminal justice system based on the Bible from a dispensational perspective.

I wrote him a letter informing him about Bob Enyart's dispensational presentation entitled, God's Criminal Justice System. I never got a response.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Jefferson

In North's debate with Ice and House that I have on video, he states that he is not aware of any criminal justice system based on the Bible from a dispensational perspective.

I wrote him a letter informing him about Bob Enyart's dispensational presentation entitled, God's Criminal Justice System. I never got a response.
Could be lots of things...

Could be he never recieved your letter...

Could be he was too busy to reply...

Could be that Enyart's self-published book was too small to show up on his radar...

While Enyart cuts a wide swath here on TOL (perhaps due to the fact that it's founded and operated by his disciples), he doesn't make much of a ripple out in the broader realm of Christendom. His day's come and gone...

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Jefferson

granite1010:

I find it interesting that Enyart seems to use the mob and regimes like Singapore and Saudi Arabia to make his case for capital punishment. Real encouraging...

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by granite1010

I find it interesting that Enyart seems to use the mob and regimes like Singapore and Saudi Arabia to make his case for capital punishment. Real encouraging...
Perhaps that's because he wants to install a regime similar to the Saudi's with his ACM.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Originally posted by Zakath
Perhaps that's because he wants to install a regime similar to the Saudi's with his ACM.
I wonder what ACM secret police uniforms might look like...

:chuckle:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Gerald

I wonder what ACM secret police uniforms might look like...

:chuckle:
Think the Intell Corps from the movie "Starship Troopers". Long, dark, lots of leather... :chuckle:

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Think the Intell Corps from the movie "Starship Troopers". Long, dark, lots of leather... :chuckle:
Doogie Howser in a Gestapo outfit...now that was hysterical!

:darwinsm:

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Talk about a mis-cast role... :doh:
I dunno...I thought Harris did a fine job, as well as the rest of the cast.

When Paul Verhoeven gets it right, he gets it really right, and the movie is extremely good satire.

Of course, RAH purists of my acquaintance wrinkled their noses at the movie, but I think the Old Man would've found it very amusing...

[edit: this tangent is germane to the topic, as Starship Troopers depicts a society that is fascist through and through...]

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Gerald

I dunno...I thought Harris did a fine job, as well as the rest of the cast.

When Paul Verhoeven gets it right, he gets it really right, and the movie is extremely good satire.
Yes, he did work it more satirically than many folks were expecting. I liked the periodic newsreel-like cuts.

Of course, RAH purists of my acquaintance wrinkled their noses at the movie, but I think the Old Man would've found it very amusing...
I was thinking this was one that he would enjoyed. From what I hear, he tended to loosen up a bit in his old age, particularly after the surgery. His wife very occasionally posts in Usenet and she seems like a bit of a character too. Of course to keep her sanity around him she'd have to be. :)

[edit: this tangent is germane to the topic, as Starship Troopers depicts a society that is fascist through and through...]
Certainly, but it was for a time of real need... isn't that the siren song of most fascist governments?

Gerald

Resident Fiend
His wife very occasionally posts in Usenet and she seems like a bit of a character too. Of course to keep her sanity around him she'd have to be. :)
Oh dear. You must not have heard. Ginny passed away not long ago. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.