Does fulfilled mean abolished? No.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
And it is utterly and completely impossible to comply with all 613 laws of the Mosaic Covenant.

Lev 1: The Lord called to Moses and spoke to him from the tent of meeting. He said, 2 “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘When anyone among you brings an offering to the Lord, bring as your offering an animal from either the herd or the flock. 3 “‘If the offering is a burnt offering from the herd, you are to offer a male without defect. You must present it at the entrance to the tent of meeting so that it will be acceptable to the Lord. Have you offered a perfect male from your herd at the entrance?

Lev 2 When anyone brings a grain offering to the Lord, their offering is to be of the finest flour. They are to pour olive oil on it, put incense on it 2 and take it to Aaron’s sons the priests. The priest shall take a handful of the flour and oil, together with all the incense, and burn this as a memorial[a] portion on the altar, a food offering, an aroma pleasing to the Lord. Have you made your grain offering to the priests?

There are many more examples of laws that cannot be met without a temple. How do you keep laws that are not possible to keep?

Danoh

And it is utterly and completely impossible to comply with all 613 laws of the Mosaic Covenant.

Lev 1: The Lord called to Moses and spoke to him from the tent of meeting. He said, 2 “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘When anyone among you brings an offering to the Lord, bring as your offering an animal from either the herd or the flock. 3 “‘If the offering is a burnt offering from the herd, you are to offer a male without defect. You must present it at the entrance to the tent of meeting so that it will be acceptable to the Lord. Have you offered a perfect male from your herd at the entrance?

Lev 2 When anyone brings a grain offering to the Lord, their offering is to be of the finest flour. They are to pour olive oil on it, put incense on it 2 and take it to Aaron’s sons the priests. The priest shall take a handful of the flour and oil, together with all the incense, and burn this as a memorial[a] portion on the altar, a food offering, an aroma pleasing to the Lord. Have you made your grain offering to the priests?

There are many more examples of laws that cannot be met without a temple. How do you keep laws that are not possible to keep?

How?

It's really quite simple - just make blank statements like Jacob's there, obviously absent of having really studied a thing out in depth, together with having thought out with equal depth, the overall ramifications of such assertions.

Various people do that on TOL daily, and throughout the day.

Nevertheless, Rom. 14:5; in memory of Rom. 5:6-8

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

I do not have either a herd nor grain.

Without a temple we keep the Commandments that are to be kept without a temple. The 613 Commandments of the Torah are for Israel to keep. We hope for and intend to build a temple once again.

marhig

The Torah and the Nevi'im have not been abolished. The Law and the Prophets have not been abolished.
Yes that's right, the Holy Spirit should be writing the laws upon the hearts and in the minds of those born of God. Those born of God should now be circumcised spiritually of the heart, obeying God and living by his will as Christ Jesus did, his way is the only way to God and those who truly follow him live by his teachings, loving God with all their hearts and their neighbour as themselves, as these are the two commandments that all the law and the prophets hang upon. If we follow these two commandments from the heart then we'll fulfil the laws.

Romans 3

Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

marhig

Without a temple we keep the Commandments that are to be kept without a temple. The 613 Commandments of the Torah are for Israel to keep. We hope for and intend to build a temple once again.
The temple is being built, and we are living stones and Christ is our cornerstone. Our bodies are the temple of the living God, and his people are his church.

WatchmanOnTheWall

Jesus kept the law and as I conform to being more like Jesus (slowly but surely) with the holy Spirits prompting and guidance I find that I am following the law more and more as well. To be like Jesus is to try and follow the law but entry to Heaven is impossible without faith in Jesus as our saviour.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame

You have another thread on here about how you have to keep all 613 laws and now your saying you don't. Which is it? Most Jews and Israelis don't have herds and crops either. There is no temple anywhere. One of these threads is obviously wrong, which is it?

Hawkins

The point is what good does it do. I simply think that you failed to get God's intention and what He meant to achieve.

It's all about and centered on human salvation. If it's not because of salvation, then no religion is important. If it's not because of salvation, then all religions are optional. Christianity and Judaism are important because of salvation. God's goal of such a religion is to save souls.

Does it save if you continue to proclaim the OT laws? If one like you switched from Christianity to Judaism, is he saved? Judaism virtually saves no one in past 2000 years. Christianity in contrary could possibly saved billions. So the question boils down to why do you have to embrace a doctrine which for sure doesn't save by giving up one which has the potential to save the billions?

It seems to me that while God's intention is to save the souls of both the Jews and gentiles, you are doing the opposite by persuading/sidetracking/distracting people from being saved.

2003cobra

For believers of Gentile origin, Acts 15 is relevant to this topic.

Believers of Gentile origin are not under the Law of Moses.

Robert Pate

Banned

The Torah and the Nevi'im have not been abolished. The Law and the Prophets have not been abolished.

If the law has not been abolished, then you are in serious trouble. This is why Paul said to the Galatians,

"Tell me that you desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law" Galatians 4:21.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes that's right, the Holy Spirit should be writing the laws upon the hearts and in the minds of those born of God. Those born of God should now be circumcised spiritually of the heart, obeying God and living by his will as Christ Jesus did, his way is the only way to God and those who truly follow him live by his teachings, loving God with all their hearts and their neighbour as themselves, as these are the two commandments that all the law and the prophets hang upon. If we follow these two commandments from the heart then we'll fulfil the laws.

Romans 3

Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.
Why do you say hearts and minds?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus kept the law and as I conform to being more like Jesus (slowly but surely) with the holy Spirits prompting and guidance I find that I am following the law more and more as well. To be like Jesus is to try and follow the law but entry to Heaven is impossible without faith in Jesus as our saviour.
What do you mean by entry into heaven? I do not know what that means from the Bible.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You have another thread on here about how you have to keep all 613 laws and now your saying you don't. Which is it? Most Jews and Israelis don't have herds and crops either. There is no temple anywhere. One of these threads is obviously wrong, which is it?

I do not know what you are talking about. I do not know what to say for those who have no herd.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The point is what good does it do. I simply think that you failed to get God's intention and what He meant to achieve.

It's all about and centered on human salvation. If it's not because of salvation, then no religion is important. If it's not because of salvation, then all religions are optional. Christianity and Judaism are important because of salvation. God's goal of such a religion is to save souls.

Does it save if you continue to proclaim the OT laws? If one like you switched from Christianity to Judaism, is he saved? Judaism virtually saves no one in past 2000 years. Christianity in contrary could possibly saved billions. So the question boils down to why do you have to embrace a doctrine which for sure doesn't save by giving up one which has the potential to save the billions?

It seems to me that while God's intention is to save the souls of both the Jews and gentiles, you are doing the opposite by persuading/sidetracking/distracting people from being saved.
Jesus taught us to obey the Commandments. He said that to be called great in the kingdom of heaven one must keep and teach the Commandments. Salvation is found only in the blood of Jesus. The forgiveness of sins and the free gift of eternal life.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
For believers of Gentile origin, Acts 15 is relevant to this topic.

Believers of Gentile origin are not under the Law of Moses.
You are correct. No one who is saved is under the Law. But we are to keep and teach the Commandments per Yeshua's instruction.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If the law has not been abolished, then you are in serious trouble. This is why Paul said to the Galatians,

"Tell me that you desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law" Galatians 4:21.
If you know the Law it is good for instruction. What about those who do not know the Law? Should they be taught God's Commandments?

2003cobra

You are correct. No one who is saved is under the Law. But we are to keep and teach the Commandments per Yeshua's instruction.

Jesus said this:

Matthew 15:24 NRSA
https://www.biblestudytools.com/nrsa/matthew/15-24.html
24 He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

And He sent the Apostles into all the world, granting them authority, which they used to declare that believers of Gentile origin are not required to obey the Law.