Does Christian always mean follower of The Christ?

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Does modern, westernized Christianity predominantly teach the supremacy of Christ's teachings?

dff7ea42bd3e155024a24c517bee1114.jpg

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
That's the definition of a Christian, followers of Christ. There are some Churches that stress the teachings of Jesus.

I'm not out to generate finger pointing. I agree with your statement, some churches.

But is there an undercurrent of gospel destroying teachings that remove Jesus's teachings, while claiming Him supreme?

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Last edited:

daqq

I'm not out to generate finger pointing. I agree with your statement, some churches.

But is there an undercurrent of gospel destroying teachings that remove Jesus's teachings, while claiming Him supreme.

It's difficult to know what you mean because you are being so vague. You could be speaking of "Judaizers" since you have already posted a thread about "Abolishing Christ's Work" and another called "Legalistic Logic", or you could even be talking about the many Mid-Acts believers in this forum board who say pretty much that only the gospel of Paul and writings of Paul are for them, (MADists please forgive and correct me if I am incorrect in some way about this statement but I think I have it pretty close, eh?).

Also this, your statement, is confusing because it is in the form of a question but has no question mark:

"But is there an undercurrent of gospel destroying teachings that remove Jesus's teachings, while claiming Him supreme."

Is the above a question or a statement? :)

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
It's difficult to know what you mean because you are being so vague. You could be speaking of "Judaizers" since you have already posted a thread about "Abolishing Christ's Work" and another called "Legalistic Logic", or you could even be talking about the many Mid-Acts believers in this forum board who say pretty much that only the gospel of Paul and writings of Paul are for them, (MADists please forgive and correct me if I am incorrect in some way about this statement but I think I have it pretty close, eh?).

Also this, your statement, is confusing because it is in the form of a question but has no question mark:

"But is there an undercurrent of gospel destroying teachings that remove Jesus's teachings, while claiming Him supreme."

Is the above a question or a statement? :)
Good point. Bad Punctuation! Fixed it.

Lol and 😊

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Exactly how do you "follow Christ"?

Beameup,

Because you are always enjoyable to read, I will note that this thread is not going anywhere and give a specifically humorous answer.

Chicken Bones, standing on one foot and with a stuffed unicorn of course.

[emoji33]

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Most followers of Christ are going to hell. Assuming you mean it the way the masses do. He leads, they follow the example and think the reward will be life.

john w

Hall of Fame
That's the definition of a Christian, followers of Christ. There are some Churches that stress the teachings of Jesus.

Clarification: Followers of Christ, after the flesh, i.e., during His earthly ministry, and his associated teachings, your "teachings of Jesus" reference? He taught only what His Father told Him to teach, which included the law.

Or, followers of Christ, the Christ , Lord from heaven, as revealed to the apostle of the Gentiles(Romans 11:13 KJV),Paul, from that same heaven, by following Paul, as following Paul, is following Christ, in this dispensation?

Paul, on direct orders from the risen, glorified, ascended, seated Lord Jesus, from heaven, says we are no longer to know Christ, after the flesh, i.e, obeying Him in his commands, while on earth, and only "knowing him" in His state of humiliation:

2 Corinthians 5:16 KJV Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

We are to follow Paul by direct orders from the Lord Jesus Christ-following Paul, is following the risen, ascended, glorified, and seated Lord Jesus Christ, in this dispensation, for that is following the Lord Jesus Christ:

"Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me." 1 Cor. 4:16 KJV
"Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ." 1 Cor. 11:1 KJV
"Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample." Philippians 3:17 KJV
"Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you." Philippians 4:9 KJV

We are not to follow "Jesus" after the flesh, "the footsteps of Christ",in his ministry to Israel, on earth, as He followed the law, and we cannot, nor does the LORD God desire you to. We are to follow Him as revealed to the apostle Paul, by revelation, as the risen, ascended, and glorified Lord Jesus Christ, "the Lord from heaven"-1 Cor. 15:47 KJV-again:

"Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.:" The Holy Bible 2 Cor. 5:16 KJV

But most reject the Lord Jesus Christ's commands in this dispensation. They have been shown. No insanity plea will be accepted at the judgment seat of Christ, or the great white throne judgment.

The rebellious heart of men/continues, as just as the Israelites "withstood Moses"(2 Timothy 3:8 KJV) throughout his God ordained/appointed office, and most rejected him, so it is today, as most reject Paul's appointed office. And so it goes, as Eccl. 1:9 KJV comes full circle, and is fulfilled.

Rebels....every last one of them...

I know, I know...."I follow 'Jesus,' my dear misguided John W, and I want everyone to know it....!!"

No you don't-He is in the third heaven.

Summer rerun season is upon us....

Last edited:

Mark M

Clarification: Followers of Christ, after the flesh, i.e., during His earthly ministry, and his associated teachings, your "teachings of Jesus" reference? He taught only what His Father told Him to teach, which included the law.

Or, followers of Christ, the Christ , Lord from heaven, as revealed to the apostle off the Gentiles(Romans 11:13 KJV),Paul, from that same heaven, by following Paul, as following Paul, is following Christ, in this dispensation?

Paul, on direct orders from the risen, glorified, ascended, seated Lord Jesus, from heaven, says we are no longer to know Christ, after the flesh, i.e, obeying Him in his commands, while on earth, and only "knowing him" in His state of humiliation:

2 Corinthians 5:16 KJV Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

We are to follow Paul by direct orders from the Lord Jesus Christ-following Paul, is following the risen, ascended, glorified, and seated Lord Jesus Christ, in this dispensation, for that is following the Lord Jesus Christ:

"Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample." Philippians 3:17 KJV
"Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you." Philippians 4:9 KJV

We are not to follow "Jesus" after the flesh, "the footsteps of Christ",in his ministry to Israel, on earth, as He followed the law, and we cannot, nor does the LORD God desire you to. We are to follow Him as revealed to the apostle Paul, by revelation, as the risen, ascended, and glorified Lord Jesus Christ, "the Lord from heaven"-1 Cor. 15:47 KJV-again:

"Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.:" The Holy Bible 2 Cor. 5:16 KJV

But most reject the Lord Jesus Christ's commands in this dispensation. They have been shown. No insanity plea will be accepted at the judgment seat of Christ, or the great white throne judgment.

The rebellious heart of men/continues, as just as the Israelites "withstood Moses"(2 Timothy 3:8 KJV) throughout his God ordained/appointed office, and most rejected him, so it is today, as most reject Paul's appointed office. And so it goes, as Eccl. 1:9 KJV comes full circle, and is fulfilled.

I know, I know...."I follow 'Jesus,' my dear misguided John W, and I want everyone to know it....!!"

Of course I agree. Good post

Sent from my Coolpad 3320A using Tapatalk

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Most followers of Christ are going to hell. Assuming you mean it the way the masses do. He leads, they follow the example and think the reward will be life.
Nick,

I ache in my heart at this thought! The Gospel is soooooo simple! But, it gets twisted every which way and complicated.

I pray that the outcome of this isn't loss!

The Pay up now crowd is so massive!

I didn't know how to respond to your answer, because it is a frightening idea.

I pray Jesus has an ace of extra mercy up His sleeve!

How people don't get the impact of God dying in flesh for mankind, just levels me!

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Or, followers of Christ, the Christ , Lord from heaven, as revealed to the apostle off the Gentiles(Romans 11:13 KJV),Paul, from that same heaven, by following Paul, as following Paul, is following Christ, in this dispensation?

John,

Beautiful and right on as always.

I speak of the simplicity of the Gospel, and you have nailed it!

I want the whole world to know How complete His provision is!

I can shout about two scum bags crucified next to Jesus and the one that believed, but there's always a "yes, but it's not that simple".

I never knew peace until I understood the complexity of the Father and Sons Work, and the simplicity and beauty of our "resting" in the Sons work with faith and Love!

Why do people refuse to let go?

What is so important about this dying flesh, that anyone wants to try to pass it as worthy?

How can anyone reject the Loud call of unconditional Love, and abuse others with judgment and condemnation?

What part of Paul's writings do people not get about stubborn will, crawling with sin, being the infection and turning to Jesus's good work of Love being the cure?

It's enough to make me go loopy!

6days

'Christian' is a word that should be used carefully. Many Muslims think North Americans are Christian... And there image of Christian is what they see in movies and news from the USA. If you want to start a conversation, it is better to identify yourself as a follower of Jesus. ( Jesus is revered in Islam, so it is a starting point for conversation)

Mark M

Or, followers of Christ, the Christ , Lord from heaven, as revealed to the apostle of the Gentiles(Romans 11:13 KJV),Paul, from that same heaven, by following Paul, as following Paul, is following Christ, in this dispensation?

So, you say that a Christian is not a Christ follower but a Paul follower instead? Go back to bed.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
'Christian' is a word that should be used carefully. Many Muslims think North Americans are Christian... And there image of Christian is what they see in movies and news from the USA. If you want to start a conversation, it is better to identify yourself as a follower of Jesus. ( Jesus is revered in Islam, so it is a starting point for conversation)

You sly follower of Jesus, wise as a serpent, harmless as a dove! [emoji106][emoji6]

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
So, you say that a Christian is not a Christ follower but a Paul follower instead? Go back to bed.

To play the devil's advocate, you are both correct.

Jesus said everything Paul says, but it's buried in the Spiritual implications of His Parables.

In Truth, all of Jesus's words are cloaked in Spiritual Parable.

Not one of His Red Lettered words is spoken without earth shattering Spiritual weight. [emoji846]

Paul, being the Disciple elected after Jesus returned to the Right side of the Father, simply expands on Jesus Parables through many other Parables, and some direct speech that has no Parable to it.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Exactly how do you "follow Christ"?

BeamUp,

I'll answer genuinely. This thread is moving along well.

I first recognize that I cannot be god of my life. I admit that I am eternally fallen short of God's Perfection.

I then accept that God manifested Himself in a genuine Father to Son relationship that further reinforces that if God put His trust in God, instead of exalting Himself in flesh, I should take note.

I then recognize that the only time Jesus was exalted, was on the Cross, abused, humble and out of self sacrifice. This of course was the Fathers exaltation, but I'm sure you get the gist.

I accept that He met all of my salvational needs on that cross and have faith in that ALONE!

Now, I accept that this Love story and reconciliation of God's work Alone, allows me to approach God as His child and accept that His Spirit can dwell in my fallen temple, warts and all. (Sin)

By His Love and Guidance, I now have an unpayable debt of Love that calls me to share that Love to God, All mankind and myself.

Since He died for All and judged Himself in place of me, because He Loved ALL of us that much, I need to extend that forgiveness to ALL.

de1c67b17717e008917a85964b480cd1.jpg