Does Christian always mean follower of The Christ?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Christians ought to follow Christ.

If you are a Christian you should. If you are not a Christian you should.

Does a person follow Christ first or become a Christian? Or, do you become a Christian when you follow Christ?

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Christians ought to follow Christ.

If you are a Christian you should. If you are not a Christian you should.

Does a person follow Christ first or become a Christian? Or, do you become a Christian when you follow Christ?

Excellent Questions!

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus and follow Me

Jesus and follow Me

Matthew 4:19 NASB - 19 And He said to them, "Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men."

Matthew 8:22 NASB - 22 But Jesus said to him, "Follow Me, and allow the dead to bury their own dead."

Matthew 9:9 NASB - 9 As Jesus went on from there, He saw a man called Matthew, sitting in the tax collector's booth; and He said to him, "Follow Me!" And he got up and followed Him.

Matthew 16:24 NASB - 24 Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me.

Matthew 19:21 NASB - 21 Jesus said to him, "If you wish to be complete, go and sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."

Mark 1:17 NASB - 17 And Jesus said to them, "Follow Me, and I will make you become fishers of men."

Mark 2:14 NASB - 14 As He passed by, He saw Levi the son of Alphaeus sitting in the tax booth, and He said to him, "Follow Me!" And he got up and followed Him.

Mark 8:34 NASB - 34 And He summoned the crowd with His disciples, and said to them, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me.

Mark 10:21 NASB - 21 Looking at him, Jesus felt a love for him and said to him, "One thing you lack: go and sell all you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."

Luke 5:27 NASB - 27 After that He went out and noticed a tax collector named Levi sitting in the tax booth, and He said to him, "Follow Me."

Luke 9:23, 59 NASB - 23 And He was saying to them all, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me. ... 59 And He said to another, "Follow Me." But he said, "Lord, permit me first to go and bury my father."

Luke 18:22 NASB - 22 When Jesus heard this, He said to him, "One thing you still lack; sell all that you possess and distribute it to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."

John 1:43 NASB - 43 The next day He purposed to go into Galilee, and He found Philip. And Jesus said to him, "Follow Me."

John 10:27 NASB - 27 "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me;

John 12:26 NASB - 26 "If anyone serves Me, he must follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also; if anyone serves Me, the Father will honor him.

John 13:36 NASB - 36 Simon Peter said to Him, "Lord, where are You going?" Jesus answered, "Where I go, you cannot follow Me now; but you will follow later."

John 21:19 NASB - Now this He said, signifying by what kind of death he would glorify God. And when He had spoken this, He said to him, "Follow Me!"

John 21:22 NASB - Jesus said to him, "If I want him to remain until I come, what is that to you? You follow Me!"

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Is a Christian a disciple of Christ or a follower of Christ or both (or do these mean the same thing)?

According to Acts 11:26, they are followers of Christ.

However, modern day teachings have corrupted the simplicity of the gospel and laid a foundation of exclusivity and judgment.

The sad truth is that there are ritualistic Christians that depend on man made teachings to be a Christian. They are, many times, void of Love towards any that aren't in their clique.

Many Christians are followers of Christ.

Jesus is the foundation, so it is always best to follow Jesus and understand that many condemn and judge humanity and fellow believers by standards that Jesus never taught.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Matthew 4:19 NASB - 19 And He said to them, "Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men."

Matthew 8:22 NASB - 22 But Jesus said to him, "Follow Me, and allow the dead to bury their own dead."

Matthew 9:9 NASB - 9 As Jesus went on from there, He saw a man called Matthew, sitting in the tax collector's booth; and He said to him, "Follow Me!" And he got up and followed Him.

Matthew 16:24 NASB - 24 Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me.

Matthew 19:21 NASB - 21 Jesus said to him, "If you wish to be complete, go and sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."

Mark 1:17 NASB - 17 And Jesus said to them, "Follow Me, and I will make you become fishers of men."

Mark 2:14 NASB - 14 As He passed by, He saw Levi the son of Alphaeus sitting in the tax booth, and He said to him, "Follow Me!" And he got up and followed Him.

Mark 8:34 NASB - 34 And He summoned the crowd with His disciples, and said to them, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me.

Mark 10:21 NASB - 21 Looking at him, Jesus felt a love for him and said to him, "One thing you lack: go and sell all you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."

Luke 5:27 NASB - 27 After that He went out and noticed a tax collector named Levi sitting in the tax booth, and He said to him, "Follow Me."

Luke 9:23, 59 NASB - 23 And He was saying to them all, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me. ... 59 And He said to another, "Follow Me." But he said, "Lord, permit me first to go and bury my father."

Luke 18:22 NASB - 22 When Jesus heard this, He said to him, "One thing you still lack; sell all that you possess and distribute it to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."

John 1:43 NASB - 43 The next day He purposed to go into Galilee, and He found Philip. And Jesus said to him, "Follow Me."

John 10:27 NASB - 27 "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me;

John 12:26 NASB - 26 "If anyone serves Me, he must follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also; if anyone serves Me, the Father will honor him.

John 13:36 NASB - 36 Simon Peter said to Him, "Lord, where are You going?" Jesus answered, "Where I go, you cannot follow Me now; but you will follow later."

John 21:19 NASB - Now this He said, signifying by what kind of death he would glorify God. And when He had spoken this, He said to him, "Follow Me!"

John 21:22 NASB - Jesus said to him, "If I want him to remain until I come, what is that to you? You follow Me!"

Amen!!!

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Is a Christian a disciple of Christ or a follower of Christ or both (or do these mean the same thing)?

It is always wise to be a disciple of Christ and hold His voice supreme in understanding scripture and relating to others and self. [emoji846]

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Does Christian always mean follower of The Christ?

Unfortunately, many who follow Jesus, do not filter their personal understanding through the red letters of scripture and tend to drink from regurgitated water that was poured from the vessel of man.

But to follow Christ successfully, it is indeed wise to be a disciple of the Indwelling Holy Spirit of Christ within. [emoji846]

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Unfortunately, many who follow Jesus, do not filter their personal understanding through the red letters of scripture and tend to drink from regurgitated water that was poured from the vessel of man.

But to follow Christ successfully, it is indeed wise to be a disciple of the Indwells Holy Spirit of Christ within. [emoji846]

To obey Christ is to love Him and do what He says.

Like with the shema, we hear and obey. Hear, listen, and obey.

To learn from God and Christ is to be a student of God and a student of Christ and to listen, learn, and obey.

John 12:49 NASB - "For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak.

john w

Hall of Fame
So, you say that a Christian is not a Christ follower but a Paul follower instead? Go back to bed.

1. Vs. your post #11:

"Of course I agree. Good post"

Go get sober.

2. Following Paul, is following Christ, in this dispensation. You follow Christ, after the flesh, during his ministry on earth, do you? Sell all you have....Go to Jerusalem 3 times/year.....Show yourself to a Levitical priest...Observe the law of Moses.... ....Raise the dead....Make the blind see....Walk on water...Tell no one that Jesus is the Christ...........................

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
1. Vs. your post #11:

"Of course I agree. Good post"

Go get sober.

2. Following Paul, is following Christ, in this dispensation. You follow Christ, after the flesh, during his ministry on earth, do you? Sell all you have....Go to Jerusalem 3 times/year.....Show yourself to a Levitical priest...Observe the law of Moses.... ....Raise the dead....Make the blind see....Walk on water...Tell no one that Jesus is the Christ...........................

John W.,

You don't walk on water? [emoji50]