Do you have to believe in the Trinity to be a Christian?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You can't separate the Godhead. Read further. He said, "I will raise it" and "I have the power to take it up again"...speaking of His body..

John 2:19-22
Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? But he spake of the temple of his body. When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

John 10:18
No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.​

StanJ thinks he, "Knows it ALL!"

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Y'all just keep piping up without reading.

Jesus had the authority to speak for God.

He had the power to receive his life again.

This power was faith.

He believed God.

You might wanna learn this Godhead......

God is the head of Christ.

Christ is the head of man.

Man is the head of woman.

Y'all should understand that you's doesn't know's everythin.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Like all trolls tend to do. :sigh:

Seems like you've got into a bad habit of calling EVERYBODY
a troll? Either that or you're claiming their not a Christian?

You've accused me of both. Why don't you take your finger
off the trigger and try to have a decent discussion for a
change? Try anyway!

Cleavus Erastas once said: "The back of he you stab, may be the brother you sought, but slew in battle."

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
:blabla::blabla::blabla: No wonder it isn't accepted. It is blasphemous. You need to remove anything that says Christian from your avatar display even though it also says other. You are definitely an other. You aren't a Christian.
You believe Jesus to be the Word, just like Valentinus. Your God is an image of a trinity, thus you are still an idolater.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
Homer Strut Caste once said: "He who seeks to hide the truth, will
find it in the mirror."
Grosnick, are you sure that you aren't gnostic? Truth doesn't exist just in mirrors, idolater. Your shallow proverb reminds me of Gnosticism, religion based on experience and drugs. Are you sure you aren't on drugs?

Dan Emanuel

Scripture is the highest authority, and trumps any self-proclaimed authority of any self-appointed Magisterium...
You made that up.

For those who don't know, the "magisterium" is all the Churches bishop's, considered as a single body; when the Holy Catholic Church teach's on matter's of faith, doctrine and moral's, it is the magisterium who is teaching.
...There really is no confusion if you read the New Testament with a belief that the Father is the God of the Old Testament...
Speak for yourself. I myself find it confusing and have found it confusing, and thats whether or not I believed in the Trinity, which I haven't alway's. Now that doesn't matter if I'm not particularly intelligent, so instead of that anecdote, I offer up the wide disparity on this board among those of us who accept the Scripture as the Word of God, in what we each contend about the nature of God, based on our own understanding of the Scripture. This is objective proof that it is confusing, regardless of you're own personal experience, which is just another anecdote like my own personal experience.
...Not really, it is fairly clear in context...
See above. This is anecdotal evidence for you're position. True evidence is surveying the wide disparity's between what a number of people --all of whom believe the Scripture to be the Word of God --believe about the nature of God, and concluding honestly that the subject must be confusing, because otherwise we'd all agree.
...And calling David "lord" as well?...
Fine. Show me a chart with how many time's in Scripture that Jesus is called "Lord" versus how many time's David is called "Lord." Is it more or less than 1,000-to-1?
...If the Spirit is sent from the Father, is there any reason to believe the Spirit is the Father?...
According to some people, yes they're is. See above. This is 1 of the example's of the different view's that people who accept the Bible as the Word of God put forth to explain the nature of God.

I myself see the distinction, so therefore the Holy Spirit is not the Father. But the Holy Spirit is God.
...Where does scripture tell us to bow down before the Holy Spirit?...
I fail to see the relevance of this question, given that you made up that the Bible is to be heeded, even over what all the Churches bishop's teach in unison.
...You mean the statements where Jesus is praying to the Father that His disciples will also be the same with the Father in the same sense that Jesus and the Father are the same?...
I am not 1 with the Father. John 10:30 KJV

John 14:6 KJV
...No, my view is that there are more verses that contradict the Trinity than support it, therefore the Trinity should not be taught as if it is a required doctrine for Christians to believe...
I believe the Trinity should be taught as the truth, regardless of whatever bearing believing in the Trinity has on 1s salvation.
...This is a clear teaching from the scripture that must be believed by Christians:

John 3:16-18
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.​

If you change this teaching to the Trinity, you get confusion.

Like this:
For the Trinity so loved the world, that the Trinity gave the Trinity's only begotten Trinity, that whosoever believeth in the Trinity should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For the Trinity sent not the Trinity' Trinity into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through the Trinity might be saved.
18 He that believeth on the Trinity is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Trinity of the Trinity.​
I disagree with you're rendering of that passage. I would suggest that its more like this:
16 For God [the Father] so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God [the Father] sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God [the Father].​
Its not so confusing. You're version reveal's some of you're own self-imposed confusion however, coming from you're stubbornness in rejecting what the Churches pastor has been teaching from Pentecost.

DJ

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Grosnick, are you sure that you aren't gnostic? Truth doesn't exist just in mirrors, idolater. Your shallow proverb reminds me of Gnosticism, religion based on experience and drugs. Are you sure you aren't on drugs?

Prescription drugs only. I've never taken illicit drugs. And, I'm a
child of the 60s. Never even smoked pot.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Omni, perhaps they'll show mercy on you and not ban you this time? I
reported your "foul language" on another thread, but, you may escape
getting banned or you may not? Time will tell.