Definition of a Christian

turbosixx

What, do you think, makes someone a Christian?

Doesn't matter what I think.

I Jn. 3:23 This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us. 24 The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. We know by this that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
What, do you think, makes someone a Christian?

Christ-ian, someone who believes Jesus is the Christ.

But then the chosen people arrogance reaserted itself in the presumed authority of the social institution of Christian sectarianism.

The Christian church became a substitute for the "kingdom of heaven" ideal embodied in the original gospel.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Christ-ian, someone who believes Jesus is the Christ.

But then the chosen people arrogance reaserted itself in the presumed authority of the social institution of Christian sectarianism.

The Christian church became a substitute for the "kingdom of heaven" ideal embodied in the original gospel.

Your opinion doesn't count. You're a devout follower of "The Urantia Book"
which is an anti-Christian UFO cult. You guys don't trust in the
truths of the Bible. You don't believe in Christ, the way the Christians
do. You believe in entities that rule the universe.

The "Urantians" are similar to the Scientologists.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Loving God and Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost and each other deeply. That has always worked for me and is what initially was a precursor to my being a Christian. Believing that Jesus is your Savior and Messiah, also.

Last edited:

Ben Masada

That would include Satan. ?

Nothing can include what does not exist. Satan is not literal to exist. Satan is just a concept to illustrate the evil inclination in man. Where it says about the Absolute Oneness of God, it includes also not to believe that Satan exists. True that God is not responsible for the existence of evil but because man is, not Satan. (Eccles. 7:29)

turbosixx

Nothing can include what does not exist. Satan is not literal to exist. Satan is just a concept to illustrate the evil inclination in man. Where it says about the Absolute Oneness of God, it includes also not to believe that Satan exists. True that God is not responsible for the existence of evil but because man is, not Satan. (Eccles. 7:29)

Who was Jesus speaking to?

Matt. 4:1 Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. 2After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3 The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.” 4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’ ”