Dead tiger bigger victim than dead man?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Some wild animals are really friendly.

Absolutely. And some seem to be tame for years and then one day....unexpectedly. Remember those two Las Vegas fags who had the Tiger show and one of them got mauled? [It's funny how quickly people's names are forgettable.....]

CUTE VIDEO ALERT!!!!
"Friendly Lion"

Yes, that lion genuinely looks like it 'loves' its owner.

I wonder if this Lion is thinking... "Oh baby... you are gonna taste so good. Come on in this cage and let me hug ya even more". :chew:

I don't think lions and tigers usually attack their handlers out of hunger.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
No. But neither would I say that the tower is obviously the biggest victim (even if it was destroyed), nor would I say that my heart goes out to the electricians who "basically lost a family member." :freak:
I used to work in the oilfields with a fellow roustabout called "Chief." His face was hideous. It had been burned off by a propane tank explosion. He was a real good guy, despite his terrible accident. Anyway, one day when we were out in the field eating our lunches and listening to Paul Harvey on the radio, he told us that when he was little he talked his big brother into urinating on the spark plug of a running lawn mower.

Part of the "blame the mower first" crowd.

Absolutely. And some seem to be tame for years and then one day....unexpectedly. Remember those two Las Vegas fags who had the Tiger show and one of them got mauled? [It's funny how quickly people's names are forgettable.....]
Tweedle Dee and Nancy.

By the way, they've already been referenced in this thread twice, Tweedle Dum!

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
I used to work in the oilfields with a fellow roustabout called "Chief." His face was hideous. It had been burned off by a propane tank explosion. He was a real good guy, despite his terrible accident. Anyway, one day when we were out in the field eating our lunches and listening to Paul Harvey on the radio, he told us that when he was little he talked his big brother into urinating on the spark plug of a running lawn mower.

Part of the "blame the mower first" crowd.

That myth was busted a couple years ago on 'Mythbusters'.

But we're used to you being a liar [and/or a gullible moron], nothing new. :yawn:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
That myth was busted a couple years ago on 'Mythbusters'.

But we're used to you being a liar [and/or a gullible moron], nothing new. :yawn:

He also said his uncle heard about electric guitars when they first came out and made one by splicing a plugged cord onto two of the guitar strings and plugged it in.

Thanks for the info and setting me straight. From now on, I ain't trustin' nobody!

koban

So what I'm getting from this conversation is that a really good way to annoy a tiger is to plug it into a wall socket and pee on it.

Is that about it? :darwinsm:

noguru

I gotcha. Well, regardless I agree that the tiger is not the primary victem.

The tiger is definately not a victim. Human life is more valuable than any animal. But if those guys were taunting that tiger, then it is just as stupid as refusing to evacuate a hurricane zone and then complaining that you were injured.

The tiger attacking a trainer is another issue entirely. He probably should have been put down after that. But since they did not, and he was still in the zoo, it was a foolish move to aggravate him to see if he would try to attack.

On another note I am suprised he was not contained by what the zoo used for containment. They need to seriously reconsider who they are using to give them specifications on what is neccessary for tiger containment. It seems more like negligence than malice. But sometimes negligence can be as harmful as malice.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The tiger is definately not a victim. Human life is more valuable than any animal.
So you do agree with my take in the opening post. (You'd never know it from everything you'd said in this thread up until this quote.)

noguru

So you do agree with my take in the opening post. (You'd never know it from everything you'd said in this thread up until this quote.)

Why is that? I think that is self-evident. What sane human does not believe human life to be more valuable than other animals?

If you notice I never said the tiger was a victim. I pointed out the possible stupidity of the human victims. But it is obvious to anyone with half a brain that they are the victims of negligence. Negligence on their own part (possibly) and negligence on the part of the person who designed the pen to contain the tiger. It does not take a brain surgeon to figure that out.

Do I have to dramatize how distraught I am about the loss of human life before you recognize that I am compassionate?

The fact that I noted the stupidity of another human does not negate my empathy. Perhaps you are projecting.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think you have to see all of this in the context of humanity's greater awareness of the animal world. I don't think it really means Salmoni cares more about the life of a tiger than a human being, no matter what he said and no matter how you interpret what he said.

Because Salmoni did not overtly mention the people killed, you immediately fly off some judgemental handle and assume he doesn't care about human life.
He said ""obviously, the biggest victim... is the tiger who got killed." (And I don't think he meant that the tiger weighed more than the human victims.)

He's a "large predator expert." That is his vocation. I would guess that it means he is both interested and familiar with tigers--which are undergoing a serious global decimation.
I work with automobiles as my vocation. But if people are injured and killed in a car crash, I don't say that the totaled car is the biggest victim, even if the car is a rare antique.

Why in the heck wouldn't he think about the tiger and mourn its loss here?
I don't mind that he thinks about the tiger, but I have a problem with him calling the tiger the "biggest victim" over human victims, including one who was killed.

I think you have made an assumption that because he naturally first speaks to the loss of the tiger in the sound-bite somehow proves that he de-values human life or something.
He said the tiger is the biggest victim. He didn't retract that statement even when he was reminded that a man was killed.

I have the entire show recorded, FYI.

Turbo, you really need not feel oppressed just because people like Salmoni didn't automatically preface his conversation and comments by saying "Now I am definitely upset that any human being in the world loses their life, and I am also very concerned about the tiger as well...."?
That made-up sentiment contradicts what Salmoni actually said, that "obviously, the biggest victim... is the tiger who got killed."

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
The investigation in the days following the tiger incident turned up at least one reliable witness at the zoo who witnessed the young men taunting the lions and the tigers, and shooting at them with sling shots. The men were old enough to know better. They also found an empty vodka bottle in the (underage) men's car. So they played a large part in their own death/injury.

The zoo, too, is responsible, as the enclosure wall was 4 feet lower than is mandated for safety with an animal of that size and nature.

The tiger was defending itself and acting in a normal manner for a wild animal. And whereas I know animals and humans are different, the animal this time clearly got the short end of the deal.

I agree. The men got what was coming to them, and the only victim here was the tiger. Yes, human life is worth vastly more than animal life. However, human life have a vastly greater capacity of reason than animals (who don't have it at all, and go sheerly by instinct). They provoked the tiger, and regardless of whether or not they knew the tiger would escape, they were still doing something which they knew would, in a worst case scenario, cost them their lives. They did it anyway.

If a man has sex with a whore, and gets an STD. Is he a victim? Assuredly, he is not.

The morons had what was coming to them.

noguru

He said ""obviously, the biggest victim... is the tiger who got killed." (And I don't think he meant that the tiger weighed more than the human victims.)

I work with automobiles as my vocation. But if people are injured and killed in a car crash, I don't say that the totaled car is the biggest victim, even if the car is a rare antique.

I don't mind that he thinks about the tiger, but I have a problem with him calling the tiger the "biggest victim" over human victims, including one who was killed.

He said the tiger is the biggest victim. He didn't retract that statement even when he was reminded that a man was killed.

I have the entire show recorded, FYI.

That made-up sentiment contradicts what Salmoni actually said, that "obviously, the biggest victim... is the tiger who got killed."

He said the tiger was the biggest victim because the tiger is driven by instinct more than learned behavior. So the tiger in a sense became a victim of human negligence.

I personally do not see any animal as a victim when humans have taken the effort to take care of them to a certain level. If we were still wild and uncivilized we probably would have eliminated this species from the earth a long time ago. I feel the same about domesticated species that we farm. If we did not farm them, they never would have existed.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I agree. The men got what was coming to them, and the only victim here was the tiger. Yes, human life is worth vastly more than animal life. However, human life have a vastly greater capacity of reason than animals (who don't have it at all, and go sheerly by instinct). They provoked the tiger, and regardless of whether or not they knew the tiger would escape, they were still doing something which they knew would, in a worst case scenario, cost them their lives. They did it anyway.

***sigh***

Ya know, Tradition...either you are not the sharpest knife in the drawer or you are just saying outlandish things to get a reaction.

Even IF they did provoke the tiger, getting mauled is not something one deserves ...and certainly not dying for it.

I am not addressing the rest of your post which is nothing more than misogyny at it's finest.

MindOverMatter

Well, whether you realize it or not Turbo, you have just joined the retard, moron, idiot club. That’s right! For arguing that something is wrong when humans are seen as second to lower animals, you will be branded as such by the animal lovers and their associates. MOM has been arguing for the past year that there is a pervasive sickness which has crept through the whole country. And this sickness has many of US caring more about lower animals than humans.
Just continue to look around. At this point in time, the lives of lower animals have more worth than the lives of human beings. Humans have now taken a back seat to lower animals. Our children have taken a back seat to lower animals. We have animals who have better health care than our children.>>> Readers willing to pay up to keep pets healthy. We have animals who live in better homes than our veterans. >>> Homeless Vets 0 Homeless Pets 1 While we run deficits, we spend billions to dress our pets for Halloween. >>> More pets dressed to chill for Halloween. MOM could go on and on. >>>Man With Beast >>>The Chimp N Dales >>>Human Vicktims

So, you shouldn’t be surprised when the death of a tiger is regarded to be more important that the death of a human. You see, in the eyes of many, for you to see and say that there is something terribly wrong with that scenario, means that you are no longer intelligent. Instead, you are now seen as a retard, moron, idiot, and any of the other invectives that some of the people around here like to call people who actually have the guts to speak up when they see that something is amiss.

koban

Let's suppose some drunk fool breaks into the Henry Ford Museum and steals Barney Oldfield's 999, drives it down the road while swilling gin and crashes it into a tree, totally destroying it and himself.

Would you call that drunk fool a victim? :dizzy: