Current women's rights issues

elohiym

I was thinking about that old cigarette advertisement: "You've come a long way, Baby." Wondering if women and men feel they have come far enough. Some see an ongoing struggle for women's rights.

What are some current women's rights issues you think are worthy of discussing and advocating for?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I was thinking about that old cigarette advertisement: "You've come a long way, Baby." Wondering if women and men feel they have come far enough. Some see an ongoing struggle for women's rights.

What are some current women's rights issues you think are worthy of discussing and advocating for?

As I said in the other thread, the issue I will not fight for is the right for women to kill our own children via abortion. Now that that is out of the way ...

I am going to say women's rights should be based on how all other rights are based.

In regards to employment and job security, it should be based on skills and work ethic, not gender.

Custodial care of the children ... same thing. Shared unless one parent is more fit and available than the other.

Are there other issues you had in mind?

elohiym

Are there other issues you had in mind?

I was hoping to create a list of current women's rights issues, like female circumcision still being practiced throughout the world. There's one. Are there other current issues? We've listed a few men's rights issues on the other threads, so I was hoping to do the same for women. In the Red Pill documentary trailer Musterion posted on his thread, one women claimed that women were still struggling for equality or something like that. Got me thinking.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I was hoping to create a list of current women's rights issues, like female circumcision still being practiced throughout the world. There's one. Are there other current issues? We've listed a few men's rights issues on the other threads, so I was hoping to do the same for women. In the Red Pill documentary trailer Musterion posted on his thread, one women claimed that women were still struggling for equality or something like that. Got me thinking.

Well, thankfully in certain ways, things have progressed insofar as the way women are treated ... legally speaking.

Domestic violence, no fault divorce, rape, spousal rape (which are normally attacks on women) seem to be taken more seriously as of present.

While outdated attitudes are still present, that doesn't equate to actual rights.

1PeaceMaker

Being that we have to restore human rights for the unborn, we have to be very cautious about protecting female autonomy in pregnancy, as well. The women's right issue here is that her body is still hers, even if she doesn't have a right to assault/murder the child inside her.

A parallel issue would be a person's right to not donate their body parts to anyone. No one has a right to invade your body or do a medical procedure on you against your will, even for the benefit of another person. So you can't be forced to donate your kidney to your ailing twin, for example.

Where the rubber meets the road in pregnancy, a woman needs to be able to give informed consent for medical treatment that involves her body. She should have the right to refuse any interventions, no matter who they are for, either the child, or her.

Doctors and medical workers are not omnipotent and have been caught making serious errors regarding birth. In fact, in one story I personally read years ago, one judge actually gave a court order for a C-section that was not needed, and the woman managed to flee to have a perfectly normal non-surgical birth at another hospital nearby.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Exactly what is female circumcision ?

1PeaceMaker

Child brides. Girls of 15 and younger being married off before they are ready.

Any person of any age being married off without giving consent is wrong.

I think a marriage certificate needs to be a contract between a man and his bride, not a man and his bride's father or other male relative.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You did, or your cohort

Actually Elo brought it up in post no. 2 of this thread. In a discussion about women's rights, it is a relevant issue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_genital_mutilation

Health effects depend on the procedure, but can include recurrent infections, chronic pain, cysts, an inability to get pregnant, complications during childbirth, and fatal bleeding.[11] There are no known health benefits.[12]

The practice is rooted in gender inequality, attempts to control women's sexuality, and ideas about purity, modesty and aesthetics. It is usually initiated and carried out by women, who see it as a source of honour and fear that failing to have their daughters and granddaughters cut will expose the girls to social exclusion.[n 2] Over 130 million women and girls have experienced FGM in the 29 countries in which it is concentrated.[3] The United Nations Population Fund estimates that 20 percent of affected women have been infibulated, a practice found largely in northeast Africa, particularly Djibouti, Eritrea, Somalia and northern Sudan.[15][16]

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Since most people do not defend the act, outside of a brief mention, I don't think it will go further into detail, Patrick.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Government-odered compulsory childbirth for pregnant women reduces them to baby-making machines . America cannot afford to return to the bad old days when the government officially required this yet abortion was still rampant and poor women died all the time at the hands of dangerous back-alley abortionists or killed themselves with attempts to abort themselves .
The law against abortion was rarely if ever enforced , because there was absolutely no way to do this . "Babies" were NOT "protected ".
And there will be absolutely no way to stop women from having abortions if Roe v Wade is overturned . Any attempt to do this will be
absolutely futile .
Sorry to anger you folks here , but this is the truth .

brewmama

Government-odered compulsory childbirth for pregnant women reduces them to baby-making machines . America cannot afford to return to the bad old days when the government officially required this yet abortion was still rampant and poor women died all the time at the hands of dangerous back-alley abortionists or killed themselves with attempts to abort themselves .
The law against abortion was rarely if ever enforced , because there was absolutely no way to do this . "Babies" were NOT "protected ".
And there will be absolutely no way to stop women from having abortions if Roe v Wade is overturned . Any attempt to do this will be
absolutely futile .
Sorry to anger you folks here , but this is the truth .

Are you a bot?