Clarence Page: Who’s afraid of critical race theory? Those who don’t know what it is

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
See this is where doser and I are different:
"They don't mean a lot to me, other than being wrong during history, because ... <ta da!> most of them are dead! (all of them, but who's counting?)"
Those who fly the confederate flag today may needed some CRT work, I've no idea who those people are... Well, and some rich people of course. They aren't always into equitable, being capitalists in good-standing...most people are for everyone getting a fair shake, as long as it is actually fair or equitable.
I don't spend much time thinking about the Germans who supported Hitler. I don't spend much time thinking about the Russians who supported Stalin. I don't spend much time thinking about the Chinese who supported Mao. Or the North Vietnamese who supported Ho. I don't spend much time thinking about the people who carried out the orders of Mehmed Talaat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lon

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
You keep saying this because you're told to see it, by the sources you trust to tell you what to think, the main stream media, social media, other leftists.

I keep saying this because I visit conservative sites, and I read the comments.

Those of us who aren't retards don't see it because it isn't there. White rage as you describe is, if it exists at all, virtually non existent, outside the fevered imaginations of retarded leftists like Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow.

You're like a fish who doesn't know what water is.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
That reminds me, I have a screenshot of a comment elsewhere that made me laugh:

"That's right, [redacted]. Prove to the world what a piece of trash you are.​
See what happens when you don't accept Christ into your heart, [redacted]?"​

😂

Lon

You're like a fish who doesn't know what water is.
Either a really good dish, or horribly stinky (just had smoked salmon yesterday...skin probably stinks today).
That reminds me, I have a screenshot of a comment elsewhere that made me laugh:

"That's right, [redacted]. Prove to the world what a piece of trash you are.​
See what happens when you don't accept Christ into your heart, [redacted]?"​

😂
Why funny? Matters of Christ seldom leave me laughing... :idunno:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

Social Liberals Now Outnumber Conservatives

For the first time since 2001, more Americans are liberal than conservative on social issues.

E4v1bxKWQAEvaFA

The Republican Culture War Strategy Is Failing​

The Republicans have been trying to mix racism, homophobia, and xenophobia into a culture war. The Republican outrage over critical race theory is the latest example of how the GOP can’t win on policy, so they are attempting to divide the nation with culture wars.​
The problem for Republicans is that over the past decade, the nation has changed. The receptive audience for a culture war argument is much smaller. The GOP sees the total number of votes that Trump got in 2020 and thinks that a culture war keeps Trumpism alive, but Trump lost by almost eight million votes.​
America is becoming a more socially liberal country, and Republicans are being left behind by fighting a culture war that was lost decades ago.​

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The place to watch isn't national politics though, it's local politics. Election officials, Secretaries of State, school boards, city councils.

Also, interesting spike in conservative ideology in 2009. Not hard to know why.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Either a really good dish, or horribly stinky (just had smoked salmon yesterday...skin probably stinks today).

Why funny? Matters of Christ seldom leave me laughing... :idunno:
Anna reminds me so much of the feminists that I engaged with on Facebook last year who were just so so hateful, so vile, so driven by their rejection of Christ and their embrace of satan.

This is what we see with Anna - we see satan acting through her.

marke

It is a good talking point: What are 'we' entitled to have? Should we all 'have' to have jobs (the free market doesn't allow it, but I'm for affirmative action in government employment representatively as far as a good conscious effort is able). Should all have a house? Should all be able to live anywhere, in any state they like?

Then: What is required to ensure the above if they are 'rights?' I've a right to not be harassed in Little China (any given state) but I'd appreciate if they were being stolen from constantly from someone that looked like me all the time. Even if I had a 'right' to be in Little China, I'm not sure I need to push that fight, that hard. I 'could' certainly, but isn't part of that friction then on me whether I feel I'm right or wrong? Haven't I augmented and pushed the problem? Maybe I have a genuine 'need' to be in Chinatown. Perhaps I have work there. Would it behoove me to take an equitable job somewhere else, or do the oriental populace need 're-education' on how to discern the difference between me and those actually stealing and damaging their property? How am I to take "You, whitey! Go home!" from the shop-owner who has been hit the hardest and even though he knows I'm not the one, he is still rightfully mad, if however wrongly aimed?

I'm not sure I walk in another's shoes well, but I'd think this might be a part of CRT teaching, if it is responsible and careful to get another to think and maybe even equip them with viable, strong, and nurturing solutions. To me, the largest problem with all 'instruction' along this manner, is given to indoctrination, bias, misapprehension of key talking points, and guilt-education. "You BAD Whitey!" isn't much help. I seldom see threads or even news articles getting down to brass tacks on this level, where discussion MIGHT actually do some good.
Exactly. Teaching black kids that whites hate them and make them poor through systemic racism is teaching kids a lie that will only do damage to them in life, not help them. All kids need to be taught to look to God to supply their needs in life and to be thankful for what God does give them, not complain for what they do not get.

marke

So a similar number of men who died trying to keep blacks in slavery mean absolutely nothing to you?
Thankfully, God allowed good Americans to prevail over bad Americans in the Civil War. Are we to be blamed today for what ancient Americans did? Not at all. That does not make a bit of sense. That would be like blaming Obama for his white ancestors keeping his black ancestors in slavery.

Reactions: Lon

marke

You sure don't give millions of poor people credit for good judgment. Pretty broad brush there.

No, what we see more commonly than not is white rage because they're losing their social majority. It's on a steady slide and it ain't coming back. That scares a lot of them, thus the whole blood and soil, culture war, they're gonna take your bible and your confederate flag.
I do not respect the opinions of poor people that cause them to blame others for their poverty instead of going to God and asking Him to provide their needs and being thankful for what He has given them without complaining about what He has not given them.

marke

You sure don't give millions of poor people credit for good judgment. Pretty broad brush there.

No, what we see more commonly than not is white rage because they're losing their social majority. It's on a steady slide and it ain't coming back. That scares a lot of them, thus the whole blood and soil, culture war, they're gonna take your bible and your confederate flag.
Good Americans of all races should be angered by the lies being taught by bad Americans that white Americans are to be blamed for problems black Americans have in life.

marke

The place to watch isn't national politics though, it's local politics. Election officials, Secretaries of State, school boards, city councils.

Also, interesting spike in conservative ideology in 2009. Not hard to know why.
I am a conservative Christian not because of politics or politicians but because of the Bible.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
A point that 'might' make me racist: I appreciate AND celebrate that all men are created equal, but I don't believe that means 'equally.' I'll never be a sprinter. I wasn't made that way. No race needs to be fixed for Lon to be able to win one. I'm not just 'okay' with diversity, I insist on it: Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. They are 'inalienable' and require that nobody else interfere 'if' they are actual rights inalienable.

I've a right to 'pursue' a sprinting medal all I like, but I'm not entitled to one. If I get one, I MUST earn it myself. A HUGE point: A medal isn't a necessity in my life, even if I wrongly misapprehend I deserve it (helps answer what we genuinely need to do/have, vs. what is frivolous).

The only way to have everyone be equal is to lock everyone up equally.

The only way we as humans are truly equal is that we all have the same rights as humans, and we all are equal before the law.

. . . or we lose our Republic Democracy.

Which isn't all that bad, all things considered...

marke

The only way to have everyone be equal is to lock everyone up equally.

The only way we as humans are truly equal is that we all have the same rights as humans, and we all are equal before the law.

Which isn't all that bad, all things considered...
Unequal protection under the law is a hallmark of democrat governing in the US.