Christs redeeming death !

beloved57

Most in mans religion today dont realize that the death of Christ, the Son of God, wasn't just a death for sinners that didn't have any redeeming effects. His death actually redeemed the sinners He died for. For instance one of the redeeming effects for all the sinners Christ for is that it redeemed them from the curse of the Law Gal 3:13

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law,[by] being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

His being made a curse for them and His death for them are one and the same, and the effect was being redeemed from the curse of the Law. The word redeemed
exagorazó:

: I buy out, buy away from, ransom; mid: I purchase out, buy, redeem, choose.

eksagorázō (from 1537 /ek, "completely out from"

to buy up, i.e. ransom, fig. to rescue from loss

It also entails=
.to redeem i. e. by payment of a price to recover from the power of another, to ransom,

The elect, those Christ died for are by nature as other sinners under the power of satan

Christ redeems them from, out from under his power.

This happened before the elect sinner believed or repented, for it was effected solely by the redeeming death of Christ.

Apple7

It also entails= to redeem i. e. by payment of a price to recover from the power of another, to ransom,

The elect, those Christ died for are by nature as other sinners under the power of satan

This happened before the elect sinner believed or repented, for it was effected solely by the redeeming death of Christ.

Then you agree that Satan was bound at The Cross.

TrevorL

Greetings beloved57,
Most in mans religion today dont realize that the death of Christ, the Son of God, wasn't just a death for sinners that didn't have any redeeming effects. His death actually redeemed the sinners He died for.
Jesus accomplished redemption in and through his death and resurrection. We partake in this when we believe the Gospel concerning the Kingdom of God and the Name of Jesus Christ, and identify with his death and resurrection by baptism, as per the example of the Samaritans:
Acts 8:5-6,12 (KJV): 5 Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them. 6 And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did. 12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
Romans 6:1-9 (KJV): 1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? 3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. 7 For he that is dead is freed from sin. 8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him: 9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

Kind regards
Trevor

MennoSota

Most in mans religion today dont realize that the death of Christ, the Son of God, wasn't just a death for sinners that didn't have any redeeming effects. His death actually redeemed the sinners He died for. For instance one of the redeeming effects for all the sinners Christ for is that it redeemed them from the curse of the Law Gal 3:13

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law,[by] being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

His being made a curse for them and His death for them are one and the same, and the effect was being redeemed from the curse of the Law. The word redeemed
exagorazó:

It also entails=
.to redeem i. e. by payment of a price to recover from the power of another, to ransom,

1 Peter 1:18-21
[18]For you know that God paid a ransom to save you from the empty life you inherited from your ancestors. And it was not paid with mere gold or silver, which lose their value.
[19]It was the precious blood of Christ, the sinless, spotless Lamb of God.
[20]God chose him as your ransom long before the world began, but now in these last days he has been revealed for your sake.
[21]Through Christ you have come to trust in God. And you have placed your faith and hope in God because he raised Christ from the dead and gave him great glory.

Nanja

exagorazó:

It also entails=

Exactly stated Brother ! Christ's Death Redeemed the Elect from the curse of the law Gal. 3:13, meaning no sin can ever be charged against them, even though they still sin everyday, because without the law there is no transgression, no law to violate 1 Cor. 15:56; Rom. 4:15. Therefore, by Christ's Redeeming Death on their behalf they are declared Justified.

Rom. 8:33-34

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

beloved57

nanja

Exactly stated Brother ! Christ's Death Redeemed the Elect from the curse of the law Gal. 3:13, meaning no sin can ever be charged against them, even though they still sin everyday, because without the law there is no transgression, no law to violate 1 Cor. 15:56; Rom. 4:15. Therefore, by Christ's Redeeming Death on their behalf they are declared Justified.

Amen Sister, I could not have stated it any clearer.

beloved57

Christs death of redemption redeems those He died for from all iniquity Titus 2:14

14 [FONT=&quot]Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Here His giving Himself for us simply means He died for us, for the stated purpose of redeeming us or those He died for, from all iniquity. That is our past, future and present iniquity. Now Christs death must effect this or it wasnt a redeeming death at all.[/FONT]

beloved57

trevor

Jesus accomplished redemption in and through his death and resurrection. We partake in this when we believe the Gospel concerning the Kingdom of God and the Name of Jesus Christ, and identify with his death and resurrection by baptism, as per the example of the Samaritans:

False statement nowhere to be found in the scripture.

TrevorL

Greetings beloved57,
trevor False statement nowhere to be found in the scripture.
You may have responded to and denied my statement but you did not comment on the verses that I quoted Acts 8:5-6,12 and Romans 6:1-9 which show the process whereby the believers are included in the salvation revealed in Christ. Another similar passage is the following, and this again includes belief in Christ and baptism:
Galatians 3:22-29 (KJV): 22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe. 23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. 24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. 26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.
The above again proves that the elect are those who believe in the gospel centred in Christ and are baptized. Notice that the above is from the same chapter that you quoted regarding Jesus removing the curse of the Law.

My impression of Calvinism is that it teaches that God arbitrarily selects some people for salvation, and ignores the rest. I suggest that God’s foreknowledge of those who are to be saved includes his knowledge of those who choose to believe the gospel and choose to be baptized and who choose to live the crucified life Galatians 5:24. All of these include man’s freewill, but the motivating power to believe and to be baptized and live this crucified life comes from the power of God revealed in the love of Christ in his death and resurrection. God’s foreknowledge does not exclude our freedom to choose.
Galatians 2:20 (KJV): I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Galatians 5:6 (KJV): For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

Those who simply believe in Calvinism and that they are the arbitrarily selected elect and can continue in sin, are not the elect who believe in the gospel concerning the Kingdom and the Name centred in Christ and are baptized and live the crucified life.

Kind regards
Trevor

Apple7

Do you want to discuss the specifics of what I stated in the OP ?

It is you who doesn't want to discuss your very own OP.

Here is the lexical definition of the word in question for Gal 3...

STRONGS NT 1805: ἐξαγοράζω

ἐξαγοράζω: 1 aorist ἐξηγόρασα; (present middle ἐξαγοράζομαι);
1. to redeem i. e. by payment of a price to recover from the power of another, to ransom, buy off (cf. ἐκ, VI. 2): properly, θεραπαινιδα, Diodorus 36, 1, p. 530; metaphorically, of Christ freeing men from the dominion of the Mosaic law at the price of his vicarious death (see ἀγοράζω, 2 b.), τινα, Galatians 4:5; with addition of ἐκ τῆς κατάρας τοῦ νόμου, Galatians 3:13.

So...

Again, I ask you...to whom was the ransom paid?

Nanja

Christs death of redemption redeems those He died for from all iniquity Titus 2:14

14 [FONT="]Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Here His giving Himself for us simply means He died for us, for the stated purpose of redeeming us or those He died for, from all iniquity. That is our past, future and present iniquity. Now Christs death must effect this or it wasnt a redeeming death at all.[/FONT]

Right on Brother ! If even one for whom Christ died to redeem from all iniquity ends up as one of these:

John 8:24
I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Then Christ's Death was a failure, which makes those who teach such antichrist: Against the stated Purpose of Christ's Death and success for all whom He died.

beloved57

It is you who doesn't want to discuss your very own OP.

Here is the lexical definition of the word in question for Gal 3...

So...

Again, I ask you...to whom was the ransom paid?

Let's go over the specifics. Tell me what they are.

beloved57

Christs death of redemption redeems those He died for from a vain manner of life or conversation 1 Pet 1:18-19

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

Todays religion of man denies that the sinners Christ died for, shed His precious blood of the lamb for, are redeemed from a vain conversation, or manner of life. They refuse to give the blood of Christ that efficacious power, and teach that even sinners Christ died for can go on in rebellion and unbelief, indicating that the sinners rebellion/unbelief is mightier than the Lambs precious redeeming blood.

beloved57

Christs redeeming death effects repentance or a returning, being brought back to the Lord. Isaiah writes of the sheep who went astray Isa 53:6

6 [FONT=&quot]All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Lord[/FONT][FONT=&quot] hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

When God laid on Him the iniquity of us all [the sheep] He paid the ransom price that effects redemption. His life was the ransom price Matt 20:28

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his [/FONT]life a ransom for many.

The word ransom the greek word lutron means:

the purchasing money for manumitting slaves, a ransom, the price of ransoming; especially the sacrifice by which expiation is effected, an offering of expiation.

the price for redeeming, ransom (paid for slaves, Leviticus 19:20; for captives, Isaiah 45:13

The word is akin to strongs 3084
lutroó which means:

I release on receipt of ransom; mid: I redeem, release by paying ransom, liberate.

We saw this word in Titus 2:14

14 [FONT=&quot]Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Now its said of the ransomed or redeemed of the Lord they shall return Isa 35:10

[FONT=&quot]And the [/FONT]ransomed of the Lord shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.

They shall return the word meaning: to turn back, return

Its a promise conditioned on being redeemed by the ransom price, which is the blood of the Lamb

Peter alludes to that here 1 Pet 2:25
[FONT=&quot]For ye were as [/FONT]sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls

[/FONT]

Nanja

Christs death of redemption redeems those He died for from a vain manner of life or conversation 1 Pet 1:18-19

[FONT=&]18 [/FONT]Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

[FONT=&]19[/FONT]But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

Todays religion of man denies that the sinners Christ died for, shed His precious blood of the lamb for, are redeemed from a vain conversation, or manner of life. They refuse to give the blood of Christ that efficacious power, and teach that even sinners Christ died for can go on in rebellion and unbelief, indicating that the sinners rebellion/unbelief is mightier than the Lambs precious redeeming blood.

Amen ! All the sinners Christ's Redeeming Death was for, as spoken of in 1 Pet. 1:18-19, had been redeemed out of a vain manner of life. That's an established fact, and the Purpose and Effect of the Blood of Christ's Redeeming Death for all whom it was shed.

So those in false religion who teach that Christ died for all without exception, and that all have been redeemed from a vain manner of life, yet knowing scripture teaches many shall end up in hell for their sins Rev. 21:8; they blaspheme the Efficacy of the Precious Blood of the Lamb to save all for whom it was shed.

beloved57

Nanja

So those in false religion who teach that Christ died for all without exception, and that all have been redeemed from a vain manner of life, yet knowing scripture teaches many shall end up in hell for their sins Rev. 21:8; they blaspheme the Efficacy of the Precious Blood of the Lamb to save all for whom it was shed.

Exactly and thanks for a most sacred comment !

Nanja

Christs redeeming death effects repentance or a returning, being brought back to the Lord. Isaiah writes of the sheep who went astray Isa 53:6

6 [FONT="][B]All we like sheep have [U]gone astray[/U]; we have [U]turned every one to his own way[/U][/B]; and the [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]Lord[/FONT][FONT="] hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

When God laid on Him the iniquity of us all [the sheep] He paid the ransom price that effects redemption. His life was the ransom price Matt 20:28

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his
life a ransom for many.

The word ransom the greek word lutron means:

the purchasing money for manumitting slaves, a ransom, the price of ransoming; especially the sacrifice by which expiation is effected, an offering of expiation.

the price for redeeming, ransom (paid for slaves, Leviticus 19:20; for captives, Isaiah 45:13

The word is akin to strongs 3084
lutroó which means:

I release on receipt of ransom; mid: I redeem, release by paying ransom, liberate.

We saw this word in Titus 2:14

14 [FONT="]Who gave himself for us, that he might [B]redeem[/B] us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Now its said of the ransomed or redeemed of the Lord they shall return Isa 35:10

[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]And the
ransomed of the Lord shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.

They shall return the word meaning: to turn back, return

Its a promise conditioned on being redeemed by the ransom price, which is the blood of the Lamb

Peter alludes to that here 1 Pet 2:25
[FONT="]For ye were as [/FONT]sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls

[/FONT]

Amen, as Shepherd of His Sheep, Christ's Blood alone was the ransom price to release from the bondage of sin and its penalty 1 Pet. 1:18-19 all of the Many He gave His Life a ransom for Mat. 20:28, Justifying them before God according to His Law and Justice, as if they never sinned Col. 1:14, which guarantees their repentance; a "turning back" to the Lord 1 Pet. 2:25.