Christ's Glorious, Perfected Church that is Without Spot or Wrinkle

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I think it was 1969.

It was a Sunday afternoon. I turned on the TV and I heard.. "But that thy blood was shed for me". Billy Graham was giving the alter call on one of his crusades. That is all that I heard. The Holy Spirit convicted me of my need for Christ and I accepted him as my savior.

I have not been the same since.

Now tell us about your salvation experience.

Billy accepts Calvinists, I've got a fiver which says you laid into Billy for befriending Catholics.

I wish you would have studied to be more like Billy.

Robert Pate

Banned
Billy accepts Calvinists, I've got a fiver which says you laid into Billy for befriending Catholics.

Billy Graham never did preach the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

Instead of encouraging people to trust in Christ, he encouraged them to make a decision for Christ. Which the Bible knows nothing about.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The foundation of the Christian faith is Jesus Christ and his Gospel.

Yes, that's what Jesus said, repent and believe the gospel.

There was nothing new about Jesus' gospel.

For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them. (Hebrews 4:2 NKJV)​

fishrovmen

Billy Graham never did preach the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

Instead of encouraging people to trust in Christ, he encouraged them to make a decision for Christ. Which the Bible knows nothing about.
But you said that the Billy Graham altar call is what convicted you and you were never the same. So that means that you are trusting in a false gospel?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

I KNEW it...bite the hand of the one through whom God was pleased to show His kindness to youward.

That you do not thank God DAILY for Billy is a great shame on you

False Prophet

The church is supposed to be without spot, blemish, or wrinkle.
if you carefully observe all this commandment which I command you today, to love the Lord your God, and to walk in His ways always Deut 19:9
Salvation is not a confession; salvation is a walk. Like the holy one we are to be holy in all, all, all our conduct. Pursue peace with all men and holiness without which no one will see the Lord.
[ Be Imitators of God ] Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children; and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma. But immorality or any impurity or greed must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints; ... Eph 5
Righteousness is keeping the commandments of God. Behold I am coming quickly, my reward is in my hand to render to everyone according to what he has done.
so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. Ro 8:4
We shall love God with all our hearts and our neighbors as ourselves. The harlot church blesses God, and they curse their neighbors. This wisdom does not come down from above, but it is earthly, fleshly, and demonic.
in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience. Eph 2:2
You don't walk there any more. By this the children of God and the children of the Devil are manifest; he that does not do what is righteous is not of God.
Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, Col 2:6
Those who are led by the Spirit of God are the sons of God. By their fruits you will know them. Love, joy, peace are their fruits; not tongues, prophecy and healing.
4 When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory.

5 Therefore consider the members of your earthly body as dead to [c]immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and greed, which [d]amounts to idolatry. 6 For it is because of these things that the wrath of God will come [e]upon the sons of disobedience, 7 and in them you also once walked, when you were living [f]in them. 8 But now you also, put them all aside: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and abusive speech from your mouth. 9 [g]Do not lie to one another, since you laid aside the old [h]self with its evil practices, 10 and have put on the new self who is being renewed to a true knowledge according to the image of the One who created him— 11 a renewal in which there is no distinction between Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, [j]barbarian, Scythian, slave and freeman, but Christ is all, and in all. Col 3

Cruciform

The church that I am a member of is the invisible church. There is no building, nor is there a paid staff. It is a spiritual church.
Please cite a New Testament text in which the word "church" refers to something that is "invisible" and/or "spiritual."

False Prophet

So called "Christians" bless God, and they curse their neighbors. Out of the same mouth come blessings and curses, "this ought not be so!" said James. James said, "Adultress! Don't you know that friendship with the world is enmity with God, that he who chooses to be a friend of the world chooses to be an enemy of God." What does Revelation say?
“Come out of that city, my people,
so that you will not share in her sins,
so that you will not receive the disasters that will come to her.
5 Her sins have piled up as high as the sky,
and God has not forgotten the wrongs she has done.
6 Give that city the same as she gave to others.
Pay her back twice as much as she did.
Prepare wine for her that is twice as strong
as the wine she prepared for others.
7 She gave herself much glory and rich living.
Give her that much suffering and sadness.
She says to herself, ‘I am a queen sitting on my throne.
I am not a widow; I will never be sad.’
8 So these disasters will come to her in one day
: Rev 18

Truster

“Come out from her, my people,
so that you will not receive the disasters that will come to her.''

I heard this call a year after I was converted and tried to ignore it for a year. I can remember where I was on the first day of obedience to the call and the teaching that begun that morning.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
“Come out from her, my people,
so that you will not receive the disasters that will come to her.''

I heard this call a year after I was converted and tried to ignore it for a year. I can remember where I was on the first day of obedience to the call and the teaching that begun that morning.

It was the devil Trousers, he is not afraid to quote God's word, he did so even to the Lord. He always mis-applies it as he has in your case....Babylon is a political entity it is not the church.

You have been going steadily wrong since you started to listen to this voice.

This voice puffs you

It makes you to feel that you are special to God in a way that others of His children are not...you are more holy, more diligent in study

Actually you are learning more and more about less and less and nothing of nothing....you think knowing names and terminologies are more important to God than simple faith.

You will have horrid spiritual relapses...that goes with the territory [of deception] and these relapses get deeper each time.

Paul said that anointing he had from God was not to tear the church down but to build the church up....God wants to help His people, strengthen them in these last days, encourage them, bless them.

God's word is this

Forake not the gathering of yourselves together especially as you see the day approach

You are saying that God has told you something in contradiction to His written word

BEWARE Trousers.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned

He better!! His wife was Presbyterian and she can't pinpoint the day and time of her conversion

Robert Pate

Banned
The church is supposed to be without spot, blemish, or wrinkle.
if you carefully observe all this commandment which I command you today, to love the Lord your God, and to walk in His ways always Deut 19:9
Salvation is not a confession; salvation is a walk. Like the holy one we are to be holy in all, all, all our conduct. Pursue peace with all men and holiness without which no one will see the Lord.
[ Be Imitators of God ] Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children; and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma. But immorality or any impurity or greed must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints; ... Eph 5
Righteousness is keeping the commandments of God. Behold I am coming quickly, my reward is in my hand to render to everyone according to what he has done.
so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. Ro 8:4
We shall love God with all our hearts and our neighbors as ourselves. The harlot church blesses God, and they curse their neighbors. This wisdom does not come down from above, but it is earthly, fleshly, and demonic.
in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience. Eph 2:2
You don't walk there any more. By this the children of God and the children of the Devil are manifest; he that does not do what is righteous is not of God.
Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, Col 2:6
Those who are led by the Spirit of God are the sons of God. By their fruits you will know them. Love, joy, peace are their fruits; not tongues, prophecy and healing.
4 When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory.

5 Therefore consider the members of your earthly body as dead to [c]immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and greed, which [d]amounts to idolatry. 6 For it is because of these things that the wrath of God will come [e]upon the sons of disobedience, 7 and in them you also once walked, when you were living [f]in them. 8 But now you also, put them all aside: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and abusive speech from your mouth. 9 [g]Do not lie to one another, since you laid aside the old [h]self with its evil practices, 10 and have put on the new self who is being renewed to a true knowledge according to the image of the One who created him— 11 a renewal in which there is no distinction between Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, [j]barbarian, Scythian, slave and freeman, but Christ is all, and in all. Col 3

All of the above scripture is law.

The law does not justify. Jesus is the justifier, Romans 3:26.

Read the opening post again. You appear to be lost.