Christian Man Asks Thirteen Gay Bakeries To Bake Him Pro-Traditional Marriage Cake

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
“Support Gay Marriage” is one Christian bakery was sued for refusing to put that slogan on a cake for an event to support the gay agenda.

Christian bakeries that refuse to make pro-homosexual marriage cakes are getting sued left, right, and center. They get fined, they get death threats, and they lose their businesses. To make our case we provided 3 video clips, the third one is a video showing homosexual activists in Ireland used the state to force a Christian bakery to make a cake with the slogan “Support Gay Marriage” for a pro-gay marriage event, but he refused which added a tremendous loss to his business. Several Christian bakeries were sued in the United States with several who lost their businesses and we said enough is enough. So Shoebat.com decided to call some 13 prominent pro-gay bakers in a row. Each one denied us service, and even used deviant insults and obscenities against us. One baker even said that she would make me a cookie with a large phallus on it just to insult us because we are Christian. We recorded all of this in a video that will stun the American people as to how militant and intolerant the homosexual bakers were. Even after we completed our experiment we got a ton of hate messages saying that we were “hateful” for simply giving them a taste of their own medicine by asking for a cake with the slogan “Gay Marriage Is Wrong” to be written on the cake.

Part 1

Part 2

By Theodore Shoebat

FULL STORY

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Goose/gander. If you hold yourself out as a public business making cakes or cookies then you can't discriminate. If you do then you open yourself for a lawsuit. That said, I'd say there is a difference between seeking a cake for a gay or traditional ceremony and going a step further, which is what is being done here or could be done on the other side of it, UNLESS the baker in question offers private messages on their product as a part of their regular business practice.

gcthomas

If they had refused to make a wedding cake with bride and groom figures on it would be a story.

Knight, I thought you would support these bakers in their attitudes, unless you only want the right for Christians to refuse service for arbitrary reasons. :idunno:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
The problem is obvious. Gay bakers don't see a problem with making a heterosexual wedding cake, but some non-gay bakers see a problem with making a wedding cake with two grooms or two brides.

So it's really difficult to pull a goose/gander thing, unless one adds something. Hence, this guy asks for a statement as well as the wedding cake.

It all comes around to a single moral question. "Do we have a moral responsibility to make other people be good?"

If so, then we should applaud the efforts of this guy. If not, then he's just making Christians look foolish.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not really seeing a difference in the gays refusing to do the cake ...

It's their right to refuse it and THEIR hypocrisy that screams out when it is done to them.

Having said that, it would also be hypocrisy if the Christian being refused service made an issue of the refusal.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If they had refused to make a wedding cake with bride and groom figures on it would be a story.

Knight, I thought you would support these bakers in their attitudes, unless you only want the right for Christians to refuse service for arbitrary reasons. :idunno:

I think you are missing the point to the story. People who do not respect the right of business owners to run their business according to their own moral standards and preference do not deserve the right to run their own as they see fit.

No one has ever died because a bakery owner would not make the cake of their dreams ...

gcthomas

I think you are missing the point to the story. People who do not respect the right of business owners to run their business according to their own moral standards and preference do not deserve the right to run their own as they see fit.

Are these bakers the ones who tried to buy a wedding cake from the Christian shop? If not, then your point is pointless. These are different people, aren't they?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are these bakers the ones who tried to buy a wedding cake from the Christian shop? If not, then your point is pointless. These are different people, aren't they?

Why does it matter who the participants are? You are one of those DEMANDING equal treatment and fairness via disallowing business owners to refuse offering certain services.

Oh wait ... that's only if you disagree with business owners private beliefs.

Via their own standards, the gay bakery should have made the cake, no questions asked. However, feel free to pretend like the situations are different. :plain:

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Not really seeing a difference in the gays refusing to do the cake ...

It's their right to refuse it and THEIR hypocrisy that screams out when it is done to them.

Having said that, it would also be hypocrisy if the Christian being refused service made an issue of the refusal.
In this case I would disagree. I think it is necessary for the Christians to publicly point out the double standard and even go to court over it. If it is "illegal" for a Christian to refuse service to a gay couple for personal convictions then it is equally "illegal" for a Homosexual to refuse to serve Christians for the same reason.

This is what irritates me so much about "social injustice" real or perceived. If I say I am against gay marriage then people say they are offended by that and I lose my right to freedom of expression because it is offensive to somebody. Will, what about the offense I feel when people are saying that gay marriage is perfectly acceptable. I find that offensive yet it is perfectly acceptable to ignore my offense and protect others from being offended. It is a double standard that should not be allowed to exist. There is nothing in the constitution that guarantees freedom from offense.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In this case I would disagree. I think it is necessary for the Christians to publicly point out the double standard and even go to court over it. If it is "illegal" for a Christian to refuse service to a gay couple for personal convictions then it is equally "illegal" for a Homosexual to refuse to serve Christians for the same reason.

I agree with this sentiment ... THOUGH, I don't believe either should end up in court.

This is what irritates me so much about "social injustice" real or perceived. If I say I am against gay marriage then people say they are offended by that and I lose my right to freedom of expression because it is offensive to somebody. Will, what about the offense I feel when people are saying that gay marriage is perfectly acceptable. I find that offensive yet it is perfectly acceptable to ignore my offense and protect others from being offended. It is a double standard that should not be allowed to exist. There is nothing in the constitution that guarantees freedom from offense.

I have no argument against your statement and have actually pointed out that those whining the loudest should have the same freedom to run their business as they see fit.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Why does it matter who the participants are? You are one of those DEMANDING equal treatment and fairness via disallowing business owners to refuse offering certain services.

Oh wait ... that's only if you disagree with business owners private beliefs.

Via their own standards, the gay bakery should have made the cake, no questions asked. However, feel free to pretend like the situations are different. :plain:

That, exactly.

I believe any business owner should be able to deny any service they want, and run their business model any way they want, but if they are going to be forced to cater to business models against their own, then it has to be so across the board.

Christian bakers forced to make cakes for gay weddings and celebrations and parades = Gay bakers forced to make cakes for opponents against gay marriage and celebration of Christian beliefs

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
The guy who made the calls and asked for the refused services, need to sue them all, so this can end up finally getting law defined one way or the other.

gcthomas

Have any Christian bakers been prosecuted for refusing to print an anti-Christian political slogan on their cakes? :think:

Not really an equal situation.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Have any Christian bakers been prosecuted for refusing to print an anti-Christian political slogan on their cakes? :think:

Not really an equal situation.
It's not exactly, it's negative instead of affirmational, but again if they regularly engage in the practice of letting customers design copy for their cake tops and/or cookies they should be open to the same sort of censure at the heart of the matter.

gcthomas

It's not exactly, it's negative instead of affirmational, but again if they regularly engage in the practice of letting customers design copy for their cake tops and/or cookies they should be open to the same sort of censure at the heart of the matter.

Agreed. But since they just phoned up a bunch of gay bakers I doubt if they have that information themselves.

Anyway - how did they get a list of gay bakers? Is there a directory of such things? :idunno: