ECT Christ our passover is sacrificed for us. I Corinthians 5:7

oatmeal

Exodus 12:5

Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year: ye shall take it out from the sheep, or from the goats:

Our passover was to be a lamb without blemish, which he was.

A male of the first year, his ministry lasted about a year, he was a male of the first year.

He was to be taken out of the flock. Which he was. He is one of the lambs of the flock of God. Psalm 23

John testified that Jesus was that lamb of God.

John 1:29

The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Peter testified that Jesus was a lamb without spot or blemish.

I Peter 1:18-19

Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

It was the lamb of God that took away the sins of the world.

It is God's son, as our passover lamb, taken out from among us, that did that for us

I Corinthians 5:7

oatmeal

Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year: ye shall take it out from the sheep, or from the goats:

A male of the first year, his ministry lasted about a year, he was a male of the first year.

He was to be taken out of the flock. Which he was. He is one of the lambs of the flock of God. Psalm 23

The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

It is God's son, as our passover lamb, taken out from among us, that did that for us

Hebrews 12:1-2

Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

He endured the cross, despising the shame, for the joy set before him and was rewarded well for his humble obedient service to God his Father on our behalf.

Philippians 2:5

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

He died so we could live eternally.

We are to be dead sacrifices, but living sacrifices,

Romans 12:1

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

He died so we could live in loving service to God his Father and our Father, his God and our God

He is the way to the Father. A way that we can follow.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I am glad to see that so far all are in agreement here

I agree with you and Paul said, "Therefore let us keep the feast..."

He also said, "For as often as ye eat this bread and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come." The Feast of Passover is a memorial.

oatmeal

I agree with you and Paul said, "Therefore let us keep the feast..."

He also said, "For as often as ye eat this bread and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come." The Feast of Passover is a memorial.

Yes, it is a memorial.

Others think it is a sacrament, a mystery, but if scripture is right, which it is, it is a memorial

DAN P

Hi and CONTEXT is at issue here !

#1 , We nhave to look at in God's view , Slain Rev 5:6 !

#2 , Then there is the Near view and the FAR VIEW !!

#3 , Then you quote EX 12:5 , and the CONTEXT is Jewish !!

#4 , Anyone reading Ex 12;5 will see that you could use a Lamb or a Goat !!

#5 , And then take the blood and put it on the side posts and the upper door posts and have you done it ?

#6 , The SINS of 1600 years of sacrifices were PAID by His blood Heb 9:15 !

The FAR VIEW is that His blood now cleanses us from SIN and all that believe are PLACED into the Body of Christ , because Israel was set aside because of Unbelief !!

The verb " YE ARE / ESTE " is in the Greek Present Tense and means that we are ALWAYS be a NEW LUMP , OSAS !!

DAN P

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

If he is only a man to you what difference does it make?

oatmeal

Hi and CONTEXT is at issue here !

#1 , We nhave to look at in God's view , Slain Rev 5:6 !

#2 , Then there is the Near view and the FAR VIEW !!

#3 , Then you quote EX 12:5 , and the CONTEXT is Jewish !!

#4 , Anyone reading Ex 12;5 will see that you could use a Lamb or a Goat !!

#5 , And then take the blood and put it on the side posts and the upper door posts and have you done it ?

#6 , The SINS of 1600 years of sacrifices were PAID by His blood Heb 9:15 !

The FAR VIEW is that His blood now cleanses us from SIN and all that believe are PLACED into the Body of Christ , because Israel was set aside because of Unbelief !!

The verb " YE ARE / ESTE " is in the Greek Present Tense and means that we are ALWAYS be a NEW LUMP , OSAS !!

DAN P

Thanks, your comments are entertaining.

oatmeal

If he is only a man to you what difference does it make?

"Only a man" or more precisely, "by one man" was sufficient according to Romans 5:15

But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

When you realize the truth there, your assessment of what man is capable of in doing the will of the Father will rise

Why do people assess only the depravity that man is capable of and not the good?

John 14:12 is what any man who chooses to believe is capable of.

Why would you refer to man as "only a man"?

God's word states that what he did in Genesis 1 to be "very good"

Genesis 1:31

Your opinion trumps God's assessment?

Who died and made you god?

do you really want to exalt your opinion over God's truth?

Do you want to rethink that a bit?

Since it was a man that got man into this mess, to be fair and equitable to all parties involved, God provided a man, His son, to get us out of this mess.

If Jesus is God and God died?

Last edited:

Jedidiah

"Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God’s throne: Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool...."

"The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool."

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Act 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

oatmeal

"Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God’s throne: Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool...."

"The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool."

The Lord God told his son, the lord Jesus Christ to do that.

Cross Reference

If the Jesus was not equal to God in humanity, He could never have been the "Lamb of God". Why?, because the Lamb had to be equal with God in all purity of biological and Spiritual substance. Beyond that lay waiting, Glorification __ and there is nothing beyond that by which man can be saved. That is why Jesus, in that day and even now is, the complete Godhead in Divine Human flesh.

oatmeal

If the Jesus was not equal to God in humanity, He could never have been the "Lamb of God". Why?, because the Lamb had to be equal with God in all purity of biological and Spiritual substance. Beyond that lay waiting, Glorification __ and there is nothing beyond that by which man can be saved. That is why Jesus, in that day and even now is, the complete Godhead in Divine Human flesh.

If the Jesus was not equal to God in humanity,

What does that mean?

because the Lamb had to be equal with God in all purity of biological and Spiritual substance.

Why?

Beyond that lay waiting, Glorification __ and there is nothing beyond that by which man can be saved.

Really?

That is why Jesus, in that day and even now is, the complete Godhead in Divine Human flesh

Wow? You read that where?

He is the complete Godhead, what about the Father and the Holy Spirit? don't they count anymore?

The trinity is no longer three in one, but one in one, it is now only Jesus, the Father and the Holy Spirit are no longer part of the Godhead?

What happened to them?

Jesus is forever a human now, even though he used to be God or is still God?

Why does Jesus have to trapped in human flesh? Why can't he go back to being what he was?

Is that a consequence of being human or the result of being God?

Where are your scripture references?

Oh, you don't have any?

Well, then, if I use your standard of proof, I will not use scripture references either and simply state, you are completely wrong because I say so.