Catholics Should Believe Their First Pope

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
We post scriptures all of the time and you just keep rejecting them...

...Revelation 1:6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

According to Gods word we have authority through Christ our Lord.

Titus 2:15

heir

TOL Subscriber
There is a profound contrast between the divinely inspired teachings of Peter and the fallible, ungodly opinions of Pope Francis.
Neither Peter nor the pope preached/preach the gospel of Christ as the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth. You have to go to Paul for that.

heir

TOL Subscriber
We post scriptures all of the time and you just keep rejecting them just go through all of the threads on Catholicism.

Revelation 1:6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
You're not a priest. Paul never uses the term to describe a member of the Body of Christ. And Paul is the apostle OF the Gentiles Romans 11:13 KJV.

Sancocho

It boggles my mind in the internet age how Christians can post half truths and even lies about the RCC while not having the simple courtesy to check them.

I have to wonder if there is something devious going on or are they brainwashed.

Shubee

Then every individual who claims to be "spiritual" has the very same "authority" that you claim to possess---including the countless Christian believers who would categorically disagree with you on any given point of doctrine. Correct?

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+
Merely claiming to be spiritual is no proof of spirituality. Everyone agrees on that. But if I had a billion followers that called me the effulgence of God, would you accept that as proof of spirituality?

heir

TOL Subscriber
It boggles my mind in the internet age how Christians can post half truths and even lies about the RCC while not having the simple courtesy to check them.
Then correct the alleged errors. You can start by telling us what the RCC preaches about salvation. What is required to be saved/how is one saved?

Shubee

You're not a priest. Paul never uses the term to describe a member of the Body of Christ. And Paul is the apostle OF the Gentiles Romans 11:13 KJV.
Why do you repudiate the words of the Apostle John and exalt the Apostle Paul over the Apostle John?

Sancocho

Then correct the alleged errors. You can start by telling us what the RCC preaches about salvation. What is required to be saved/how is one saved?

I heard all the claims and was concerned enough to attend Protestant churches for many years and even be baptized again even though I was raised Catholic and never officially left. However, after researching the claims and verifying Catholic beliefs with the Catechism I saw they were either lies or half truths. Throw in recorded history and simple logic and there was little choice but to embrace the truth.

Here are some examples of illogic from Protestants and half truths that were easily verified by doing simple research.

1. the pope is infallible.
2. Catholics believe in three gods.
3. sins can be removed by payment
4. sola scritpura when it didn't exist for centuries if not a milenia for most of the church.
5. It is ok to preach sola scripture and not venerate Mary or believe she is a virgin.
6. sola scritpura and the theory that the RCC departed from the Body of Christ at the time of Constantine are compatible.
7. Rejection of any denominations using a BIBLE to justify that claim (good grief).
8. Claiming Jesus didn't want a church community or hierarchy when JESUS HIMSELF told Paul he would be the head of the church and the same word for church is used to describe a community.

My advice to anyone is do what I did. Accept any challenges to one's faith and take the time to verify them one by one. After all since I already knew Jesus there was little to be afraid of.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned

I have to wonder if there is something devious going on or are they brainwashed.

I can vouch half of them cause I checked them. The other half, protestants are just as guilty with thier big bag of traditions. Arminians and "works before faith" are just as bad as roman catholicism. Both are in error.

everready

Why does it boggle your mind, just compare Gods word to the dogmas of your church and it will become crystal clear.

everready

Sancocho

Why does it boggle your mind, just compare Gods word to the dogmas of your church and it will become crystal clear.

everready

Somehow you missed the part that I was a member of a Protestant church even though I was born Catholic. Unlike you apparently I will accept any challenges to my beliefs. However, after doing the research I'm back in the RCC.

Cruciform

You reject our proof...
So, then, no proof whatsoever. That's what I thought.

...even though it be Gods word, we have no more proof than that.
"...even though it be everready's preferred interpretations of God's word," you mean. You have no more "proof" than that. (And, of course, that's really no proof at all, is it.)

According to Gods word we have authority through Christ our Lord.
According to God's word, the Church's ordained apostles and bishops have doctrinal authority through Christ (Mt. 16:18-19; 28:18-20; Lk. 10:16; Ac. 15:2; 16:4; 2 Thess. 3:4; 1 Jn. 4:6) You, by contrast, have no doctrinal authority whatsoever. Try again.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+