Can a Christian walk away from their salvation?

genuineoriginal

Can a Christian walk away from their salvation?
What say you?
Yes, a Christian can walk away from salvation.
Many Christians do it every day.
Absolutely not. Eternal life is eternal life. It is spirit. A negative attitude does not negate eternal life
Eternal life is a promise.

1 John 2:25
25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.​

The promise will be fulfilled at the last trump:

1 Corinthians 15:52-54
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.​

Man has the choice on whether to do what is right or do what is wicked.
You can turn from righteousness and forfeit eternal life.
God will always reject the wicked.
For the rest, God chooses on a person by person basis whether that person's faith will be counted as righteousness and be worthy of eternal life.

oatmeal

Yes, a Christian can walk away from salvation.
Many Christians do it every day.

Eternal life is a promise.

1 John 2:25
25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.​

The promise will be fulfilled at the last trump:

1 Corinthians 15:52-54
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.​

Man has the choice on whether to do what is right or do what is wicked.
You can turn from righteousness and forfeit eternal life.
God will always reject the wicked.
For the rest, God chooses on a person by person basis whether that person's faith will be counted as righteousness and be worthy of eternal life.

It is God's will that those who have eternal life know that they have it.

I John 5:13

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

I know I have eternal life.

And you know how long I will live?

Eternally, thanks to His gift to me.

Romans 6:23

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

genuineoriginal

It is God's will that those who have eternal life know that they have it.

I John 5:13

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

1 John 2:1-3
1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.​

oatmeal

1 John 2:1-3
1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.​

I John 5:10-13

10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

I have the witness in me even as all those who have eternal life have the witness in them

This begs the question, "what is that witness that we have within?"

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
They can be deceived away.
[Mat 24:24
24 "For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.
[Mar 13:22
22 "For false christs and false prophets will rise and show signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.