Can a Christian walk away from their salvation?

oatmeal

Absolutely not. Eternal life is eternal life. It is spirit. A negative attitude does not negate eternal life

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
A Christian is entirely free to turn away from Christ if he wants to with all of his heart.

However of one has forsaken all to follow Christ, and does so with all of his heart, then that possibility is remote considering that Christ will help him with all of His heart.

The misunderstandings arise because men are told by men that they are secure regardless from the point of their first believing.

The Apostles never spoke so--

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

1Co 15:34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

KingdomRose

What say you?

Yes, indeed. Jesus said everyone must endure until the end to be saved. (Matt.24:13) So, no one is eternally saved until the end of either the age/system or their own lives.

If someone changes their mind about serving God and wants to go back to the things of the world, he has walked away from his salvation. The Apostle Paul spoke of believers, anointed with the Spirit, and having "tasted of the powers of the age to come," and then falling away. There is no ignoring this and it shouldn't be twisted. There are many scriptures that allude to a person REMAINING in good standing with God. It takes effort.

"For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit [spirit-begotten believers], and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put him to open shame." (Heb.6:4-6, NASB)

Pretty clear! Those people were saved, spirit-begotten believers. They fell away.

See also Hebrews 10:26-29 and Colossians 1:21-23.

Epoisses

Christians are deceived into walking away from Christ by worshipping idols like the pope or Mary or good works or Israel or the law or predestination or a host of other false prophets. Christians who actually worship Christ alone are few and far between.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
If you decide that the RESURRECTION is fictional, instead of nonfiction, then what does Romans 10:9 (KJV) indicate? If you reject that HE IS RISEN, then what happens? If you once believed the Good News of Mt28:6KJV Mk16:6KJV Lk24:6KJV, can you stop believing it? Can you go from believing the Gospel (Mt28:6KJV Mk16:6KJV Lk24:6KJV ; Ro10:9KJV), to not believing the Gospel?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If you decide that the RESURRECTION is fictional, instead of nonfiction, then what does Romans 10:9 (KJV) indicate? If you reject that HE IS RISEN, then what happens? If you once believed the Good News of Mt28:6KJV Mk16:6KJV Lk24:6KJV, can you stop believing it? Can you go from believing the Gospel (Mt28:6KJV Mk16:6KJV Lk24:6KJV ; Ro10:9KJV), to not believing the Gospel?

Judas believed but was lost, because the believing to exit from Egypt is not sufficient believing to enter the promised land.

Jesus spoke mainly of entering the Kingdom of God and what it takes on our part to enter and inherit in it.

Luk 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
Luk 14:27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.
Luk 14:28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?
Luk 14:29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,
Luk 14:30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.
Luk 14:31 Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand?
Luk 14:32 Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sendeth an ambassage, and desireth conditions of peace.
Luk 14:33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.
Luk 14:34 Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be seasoned?
Luk 14:35 It is neither fit for the land, nor yet for the dunghill; but men cast it out. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
LA

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Judas believed but was lost, because the believing to exit from Egypt is not sufficient believing to enter the promised land.
Judas believed HE IS RISEN?
Jesus spoke mainly of entering the Kingdom of God and what it takes on our part to enter and inherit in it.

Luk 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
Luk 14:27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.
Luk 14:28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?
Luk 14:29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,
Luk 14:30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.
Luk 14:31 Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand?
Luk 14:32 Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sendeth an ambassage, and desireth conditions of peace.
Luk 14:33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.
Luk 14:34 Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be seasoned?
Luk 14:35 It is neither fit for the land, nor yet for the dunghill; but men cast it out. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
LA
Romans 10:9 (KJV) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that HE IS RISEN, thou shalt be saved.

oatmeal

Someone with their blinders on could negate eternal life.:cool:

Who negates the promises of God?

We may not believe them but they are still true and available to believe and receive.

Eternal life is not a suit you put on and take off.

It is life, the life that is eternal.

It is spirit, not flesh, not a suit.

Eternal life is eternal.

You can cuss at God, sin like the devil, whatever, but eternal life is still eternal.

You won't earn eternal rewards for sinning but you still have eternal life.

Did your parents take away the life they gave you the first time you went against their wishes?

Could reject your parents authority? Yes, you could but you would still be your parents offspring, no matter what you did or said.

God, as a parent, as our Heavenly Father is eternal and so are His kids.

IsaacKingsley

Who negates the promises of God?

We may not believe them but they are still true and available to believe and receive.

Eternal life is not a suit you put on and take off.

It is life, the life that is eternal.

It is spirit, not flesh, not a suit.

Eternal life is eternal.

You can cuss at God, sin like the devil, whatever, but eternal life is still eternal.

You won't earn eternal rewards for sinning but you still have eternal life.

Did your parents take away the life they gave you the first time you went against their wishes?

Could reject your parents authority? Yes, you could but you would still be your parents offspring, no matter what you did or said.

God, as a parent, as our Heavenly Father is eternal and so are His kids.
Allow me copy this

>>>>>>Saved IN Sin or FROM Sin?

Please read this page in connection with the following pages and you will surely be blessed -*THE FAITH OF JESUS*and*ENOUGH WITH THE SMOOTH SERMONS*and*THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF CHRIST

Friend, the information on these pages are*vital*for the world today. I pray that you will carefully read it, study it for yourself and claim the promise for yourself. The mainstream thought throughout the professed Christian churches today is that we will ALL continue to sin right up until Jesus returns, and that no person can live a sin free life,*as Christians. Is this a correct Biblical stance? No, it is not only unbiblical, but a very dangerous position. A position that, if held in your life, could lose you your salvation. That's how important this is. So what is the TRUTH? Let's begin with some inspired words from the apostle Peter:

2 Peter 1:2-4 ...'Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, according as his divine power hath given unto us*all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be*partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.'

First of all, what does this Bible verse clearly reveal? Does it say that we are given 'SOME' things that pertain to godliness? No it confirms we have available through Jesus Christ the power over ALL THINGS, which includes sin. It also confirms that we can even be partakers of the divine nature! Wow! Right now? Partakers of the divine? Yes! But how is this possible? Think carefully about this ...

Before Jesus came to this earth 2000 years ago, what was His nature? He was a*Divine Being. When Jesus came to this earth what was His nature? He was*fully man*(Philippians 2:6-8). So what is Jesus' nature now, after His death, resurrection and ascension to heaven?*He is a Divine Human, meaning He has taken part in the divine nature AND human nature, and has been exalted and glorified by the Father to the right hand of God (Philippians 2:9, Acts 2:33)

So how can we mere humans be partakers of the divine nature? We can because we have an 'advocate' in heaven who has taken part of both the divine and human nature. We have an 'advocate' in heaven who has lived on earth as fully man, being tempted in all points as we are, yet without sin (Hebrews 4:15). So Jesus Christ is able to impart to us (humans) the power to partake of the divine, because He is Himself a divine human being, who knows what it's like to have the fallen nature we have, yet*OVERCOME*through a Spirit filled life of faith and obedience to the Father.

This is the 'promise of the Father' which Jesus confirmed He would give to the disciples in Luke 24:49. The promise to impart Christ's Spirit to them (and us) which would enable us to be 'partakers of the divine'

Galatians 2:20 ...'I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, butChrist liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.'

So the question is, have you truly accepted this gift? Are you partaking of the divine nature, living the life that Jesus lived and overcoming sin? Friend, this is such an important truth to grasp, because many professed Christians are heading right for the lake of fire, thinking they can merely 'believe' in Jesus and yet continue in sin. But Peter was quite clear that we can be partakers of the divine, and there is no way we would continue in wilful sin if we partake of Christ's divine nature, no way!

Now, we are not saying that you will stop sinning right away once you give your life to Jesus Christ. We*may*still fall into temptation, and if you do, then we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. What we are saying is that a change will take place in your life with Jesus, and you will*become*perfected in Him. It is a journey of sanctification in Christ. And what we are saying is that there ispower available*to us which enables us to*turn away*from sin.

Jude 1:24 ...'Now unto*him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless*before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy.'

Romans 8:37 ...'in all these things we aremore than conquerors*through him*that loved us.'

Romans 8:1-8 ...'There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are*in Christ Jesus,*who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.*For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.'

John 8:11 ...'And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go,*and sin no more.'

Friends, a time is coming soon when the door of mercy to sinners will shut forever. Just like in the days of Noah, when God shut the door to the ark, and the people outside did not realize that probation for them had come to an end. You see, if we continue in sin and just accept the mainstream view that we cannot live perfect lives in Jesus, then we become the kind of people the apostle Paul warned us about in 2 Timothy 3:

2 Timothy 3:1-5 ...'This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded,*lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;*Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.'

Oh friends, we*cannot*go along with the mainstream view that we will continue in sin. We*MUST*claim the promise of God, that we will be filled with His Spirit and made to be partakers of the divine nature, overcoming sin and being more than conquerors through Jesus Christ. Will you claim that promise today? Are you willing to turn from your sins and give up all for Christ? He is waiting for a people in these last days who will show the world the TRUE character of God. A people who will 'follow the Lamb wheresoever He goeth' (Revelation 14:4).

Revelation 22:11-12 ...'He that is unjust,*let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy,*let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous,*let him be righteous still: and he that is holy,*let him be holy still. And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.'

Which side will you be on when the pronouncement is made? Will you still be sinning and therefore REMAIN IN SIN and receive the just reward of the lake of fire and the second death? Or will you have gained the victory over sin through Jesus Christ and receive the just reward of eternal life?

2 Timothy 2:19 ...'Let every one that nameth the name of Christ*depart from iniquity.'

Sent from my Venus_X16 using Tapatalk

KingdomRose

Nobody would do it. Not in eternity.

They have done it and continue to do it. Some have a mind-set just like Adam---they want to decide for themselves what is good and what isn't. They want to lead a life devoted to themselves. Adam was, at one time, "saved." He could have lived forever. He was God's first human creation and was perfect and sinless. But did he fall? Everybody knows he did.

oatmeal

Allow me copy this

>>>>>>Saved IN Sin or FROM Sin?

Please read this page in connection with the following pages and you will surely be blessed -*THE FAITH OF JESUS*and*ENOUGH WITH THE SMOOTH SERMONS*and*THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF CHRIST

Friend, the information on these pages are*vital*for the world today. I pray that you will carefully read it, study it for yourself and claim the promise for yourself. The mainstream thought throughout the professed Christian churches today is that we will ALL continue to sin right up until Jesus returns, and that no person can live a sin free life,*as Christians. Is this a correct Biblical stance? No, it is not only unbiblical, but a very dangerous position. A position that, if held in your life, could lose you your salvation. That's how important this is. So what is the TRUTH? Let's begin with some inspired words from the apostle Peter:

2 Peter 1:2-4 ...'Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, according as his divine power hath given unto us*all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be*partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.'

First of all, what does this Bible verse clearly reveal? Does it say that we are given 'SOME' things that pertain to godliness? No it confirms we have available through Jesus Christ the power over ALL THINGS, which includes sin. It also confirms that we can even be partakers of the divine nature! Wow! Right now? Partakers of the divine? Yes! But how is this possible? Think carefully about this ...

Before Jesus came to this earth 2000 years ago, what was His nature? He was a*Divine Being. When Jesus came to this earth what was His nature? He was*fully man*(Philippians 2:6-8). So what is Jesus' nature now, after His death, resurrection and ascension to heaven?*He is a Divine Human, meaning He has taken part in the divine nature AND human nature, and has been exalted and glorified by the Father to the right hand of God (Philippians 2:9, Acts 2:33)

So how can we mere humans be partakers of the divine nature? We can because we have an 'advocate' in heaven who has taken part of both the divine and human nature. We have an 'advocate' in heaven who has lived on earth as fully man, being tempted in all points as we are, yet without sin (Hebrews 4:15). So Jesus Christ is able to impart to us (humans) the power to partake of the divine, because He is Himself a divine human being, who knows what it's like to have the fallen nature we have, yet*OVERCOME*through a Spirit filled life of faith and obedience to the Father.

This is the 'promise of the Father' which Jesus confirmed He would give to the disciples in Luke 24:49. The promise to impart Christ's Spirit to them (and us) which would enable us to be 'partakers of the divine'

Galatians 2:20 ...'I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, butChrist liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.'

So the question is, have you truly accepted this gift? Are you partaking of the divine nature, living the life that Jesus lived and overcoming sin? Friend, this is such an important truth to grasp, because many professed Christians are heading right for the lake of fire, thinking they can merely 'believe' in Jesus and yet continue in sin. But Peter was quite clear that we can be partakers of the divine, and there is no way we would continue in wilful sin if we partake of Christ's divine nature, no way!

Now, we are not saying that you will stop sinning right away once you give your life to Jesus Christ. We*may*still fall into temptation, and if you do, then we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. What we are saying is that a change will take place in your life with Jesus, and you will*become*perfected in Him. It is a journey of sanctification in Christ. And what we are saying is that there ispower available*to us which enables us to*turn away*from sin.

Jude 1:24 ...'Now unto*him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless*before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy.'

Romans 8:37 ...'in all these things we aremore than conquerors*through him*that loved us.'

Romans 8:1-8 ...'There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are*in Christ Jesus,*who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.*For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.'

John 8:11 ...'And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go,*and sin no more.'

Friends, a time is coming soon when the door of mercy to sinners will shut forever. Just like in the days of Noah, when God shut the door to the ark, and the people outside did not realize that probation for them had come to an end. You see, if we continue in sin and just accept the mainstream view that we cannot live perfect lives in Jesus, then we become the kind of people the apostle Paul warned us about in 2 Timothy 3:

2 Timothy 3:1-5 ...'This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded,*lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;*Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.'

Oh friends, we*cannot*go along with the mainstream view that we will continue in sin. We*MUST*claim the promise of God, that we will be filled with His Spirit and made to be partakers of the divine nature, overcoming sin and being more than conquerors through Jesus Christ. Will you claim that promise today? Are you willing to turn from your sins and give up all for Christ? He is waiting for a people in these last days who will show the world the TRUE character of God. A people who will 'follow the Lamb wheresoever He goeth' (Revelation 14:4).

Revelation 22:11-12 ...'He that is unjust,*let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy,*let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous,*let him be righteous still: and he that is holy,*let him be holy still. And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.'

Which side will you be on when the pronouncement is made? Will you still be sinning and therefore REMAIN IN SIN and receive the just reward of the lake of fire and the second death? Or will you have gained the victory over sin through Jesus Christ and receive the just reward of eternal life?

2 Timothy 2:19 ...'Let every one that nameth the name of Christ*depart from iniquity.'

Sent from my Venus_X16 using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing those verses although I do see how they relate to this thread or my post.

Truster

Can a Messianist walk away from their salvation?

No.

Because it's not "their salvation".

"Restore unto me the rejoicing of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy voluntary spirit".

If it seems like a categorical NO then you have perceived correctly. In the early days of my salvation I had on a few occasions walked away. The occasions seldom lasted more than a few minutes and I was dragged back.

"Oh love that will not let me go". Until experienced it cannot be understood or trusted upon.

Truster

PS

I was relieved when I discover that Jeremiah stormed off for the same reasons as I did. He was going to build a motel in the desert...