Calvinism, Catholicism, Religion: A Wrong View of God

Robert Pate

Banned
Already answered (Post #16).

So we are supposed to take your word for it that the Catholic church is Christ's historic church?

When there is no mention of it in the Bible.

I can believe what the apostles say because their writings are in the Bible. Paul talks about a lot of different churches, but nothing in Rome.

Since you believe that Peter was the first pope, don't you suppose that Peter would have written something about the church in Rome?

Do you have anything from Peter?

Cruciform

Yea, but it is according to the Catholic Church.
...just as everything you post is according to the opinions of your preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect.

What if the Catholic Church is a fraud?
According to the unambiguous testimony of history, however, the Catholic Church is in fact that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself in 33 A.D. If you dispute this, then go ahead and post your supposed proof for that claim.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Robert Pate

Banned
...just as everything you post is according to the opinions of your preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect.

According to the unambiguous testimony of history, however, the Catholic Church is in fact that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself in 33 A.D. If you dispute this, then go ahead and post your supposed proof for that claim.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

I can't find anything in the Bible where Jesus said that his "Historic church" would be in Rome.

The closest thing to Roman Catholicism in the Bible is Pharisaism and we know what Jesus thought about them, Matthew chapter 23.

I don't think that it would be possible for a Christian church to come out of Rome, because of the sever persecutions of Christians by the Roman goverment.

Cruciform

I can't find anything in the Bible where Jesus said that his "Historic church" would be in Rome.
Irrelevant, since his Church began in Jerusalem in 33 A.D., and would not be centralized in Rome until after Christ's Ascension. So your expectation here is both unrealistic and false.

Also, your comment assumes the validity of the false 16th-century Protestant notion of sola scriptura, which is itself utterly unbiblical and thus directly self-refuting.

Therefore, your comment fails on two fronts.

The closest thing to Roman Catholicism in the Bible is Pharisaism...
Just another categorically false statement on your part. The biblical teaching on Christ's Church is clear. Try again.

I don't think that it would be possible for a Christian church to come out of Rome, because of the sever persecutions of Christians by the Roman goverment.
Already answered---and corrected---above.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cedarbay

I can't think of a more oppresive religion than Catholicism.

When you look at the faces of the people in the Catholic congregation they all look like they have lost their freedom and are in jail.

There is no joy in it. Maybe that is why the priest wears black.
It does not matter what a person's face looks like at a service, Robert. Some congregations whose worship is quiet and reserved, are jokingly referred to as "the frozen chosen". I'm sure you would agree that the Lord looks at the heart, and not at the facial expressions of His beloved children.

Cedarbay

How many people are in bondage to the Catholic church because they are afraid to quit?

Jesus said, "If the Son shall make you free, you shall be free indeed".
This is a very important question.

Cradle Catholics usually have the hardest time leaving the RCC because of backlash from family and friends. The tactics that are used here at TOL, to squash and ridicule those who question the RCC, are common.

It can take years to be free of her false teaching, and the allegiance to her Magisterium that she requires.

Robert Pate

Banned
Nobody goes to hell for "no reason." Think Sin.

We are all sinners without works.

You cannot become a sinner, simply because you are MADE a sinner.

"For as by one man's disobedience (Adam) many were MADE sinners" Romans 5:19.

We are born sinners, Psalm 51:5.

It is not our fault that we are sinners, its Adam's fault. However, we probably would have sinned just like Adam, but then again who knows?

Just as we are sinners without works, so shall we be saved without works. "So by the obedience of one (Christ) shall many be MADE righteous" Romans 5:19.

Cruciform

Cradle Catholics usually have the hardest time leaving the RCC because of backlash from family and friends.
My experience---of leaving Evangelical Protestantism---was exactly the same kind of "backlash from family and friends."

The tactics that are used here at TOL, to squash and ridicule those who question the RCC, are common.
Again, I had the very same experience in my conversion to the Catholic faith.

It can take years to be free of her false teaching...
A stereotypical Protestant claim that you have so far in no way actually proven, but only assumed.

...and the allegiance to her Magisterium that she requires.
Yes, Jesus requires that the teachings of His Church's Magisterium---teachings that He Himself equates with His very own teachings in truth and authority(Lk. 10:16; 1 Tim. 3:15)---be affirmed and followed as divinely-revealed and binding upon believers. This is precisely how it has been from the beginning.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Robert Pate

Banned
My experience---of leaving Evangelical Protestantism---was exactly the same kind of "backlash from family and friends."

Again, I had the very same experience in my conversion to the Catholic faith.

A stereotypical Protestant claim that you have so far in no way actually proven, but only assumed.

Yes, Jesus requires that the teachings of His Church's Magisterium---teachings that He Himself equates with His very own teachings in truth and authority(Lk. 10:16; 1 Tim. 3:15)---be affirmed and followed as divinely-revealed and binding upon believers. This is precisely how it has been from the beginning.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

To believe Christ is to believe Christ's Gospel.

To believe Christ's Gospel is to believe that sin, death and the devil have been abolished and that Jesus has perfected our humanity and has taken it to heaven, Ephesians 2:6.

"And you are complete in HIM" Colossians 2:10.

beloved57

To believe Christ is to believe Christ's Gospel.

To believe Christ's Gospel is to believe that sin, death and the devil have been abolished and that Jesus has perfected our humanity and has taken it to heaven, Ephesians 2:6.

"And you are complete in HIM" Colossians 2:10.

Then you teach that all what Christ accomplished is defeated once again by the devil, who holds those Christ died for in unbelief ! Did you know that unbelief is satans doing against man ? I have a post on it here:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59236&page=55 post 824

Robert Pate

Banned
Then you teach that all what Christ accomplished is defeated once again by the devil, who holds those Christ died for in unbelief ! Did you know that unbelief is satans doing against man ? I have a post on it here:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59236&page=55 post 824

You continue to reject the fact that Christ died for the sins of the world, 1 John 2:2.

To not believe that Jesus atoned for the sins of the world means that you are still in your sins. You are fuel for the flames of hell.

beloved57

You continue to reject the fact that Christ died for the sins of the world, 1 John 2:2.

To not believe that Jesus atoned for the sins of the world means that you are still in your sins. You are fuel for the flames of hell.

You continue to teach that the devil defeats Christ!

Robert Pate

Banned
You continue to teach that the devil defeats Christ!

You continue to make false accusations.

The Bible teaches that Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil, Colossians 2:15.

So that now... "Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

If Jesus had NOT defeated sin, death and the devil know one could be saved.

beloved57

You continue to make false accusations.

The Bible teaches that Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil, Colossians 2:15.

So that now... "Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

If Jesus had NOT defeated sin, death and the devil know one could be saved.

False accusations my foot! ! Tell me that you don't believe that some whom Christ lived and died for, will end up in Hell for their sins in unbelief!

Robert Pate

Banned
False accusations my foot! ! Tell me that you don't believe that some whom Christ lived and died for, will end up in Hell for their sins in unbelief!

If anyone goes to hell it will be because they did not honor God by believing on his Son Jesus Christ.