Calvinism, Catholicism are NOT of the Faith

lukecash12

Some common ground in the middle of this excessive sectarianism:

https://www.dacc.edu/assets/pdfs/PCM/merechristianitylewis.pdf

Some music as we contemplate what it means to be a "mere Christian":

Worthy is the Lamb

Whether or not any of us is exactly or more closely right about Him, God is looking for a personal relationship, not an intellectual peer. I for one am glad that God is going to judge me on the basis of the Son, not my inadequate understanding.

beloved57

Some common ground in the middle of this excessive sectarianism:

https://www.dacc.edu/assets/pdfs/PCM/merechristianitylewis.pdf

Some music as we contemplate what it means to be a "mere Christian":

Worthy is the Lamb

Whether or not any of us is exactly or more closely right about Him, God is looking for a personal relationship, not an intellectual peer. I for one am glad that God is going to judge me on the basis of the Son, not my inadequate understanding.

John 12:48 ! You will be Judged according to the Word He has spoken!

lukecash12

See you at the Judgment!

I sure am glad there are representatives of Reformed thinking other than "Spurgeonites", that aren't so anathema happy and lacking in sense as to what "mere Christianity" is. You guys are reducing a spiritual relationship down to intellectual requirements, taking the Lamb and dissecting Him on a metal table with cold surgical instruments. That is decidedly not the spirit of the Calvinist movement, which was part of a Reformation that began our escape from gratuitous and senseless pronouncements of anathema.

Sola scriptura, sola fide, sola gratia, solus Christus, soli deo gloria.

Robert Pate

Banned
I sure am glad there are representatives of Reformed thinking other than "Spurgeonites", that aren't so anathema happy and lacking in sense as to what "mere Christianity" is. You guys are reducing a spiritual relationship down to intellectual requirements, taking the Lamb and dissecting Him on a metal table with cold surgical instruments. That is decidedly not the spirit of the Calvinist movement, which was part of a Reformation that began our escape from gratuitous and senseless pronouncements of anathema.

Sola scriptura, sola fide, sola gratia, solus Christus, soli deo gloria.

I don't think that Calvinism was part of the Reformation. The Reformation that was led by Martin Luther was about justification by faith.

Robert Pate

Banned
Your first sentence is demonstration enough that you probably haven't even read much literature at all, from the Reformation itself.

http://www.reformed.org/documents/index.html

Read up, my friend, read up. The facts are there for anyone to read.

It was Martin Luther that led and was the founder of the reformation.

Martin Luther and others broke away from the Catholic church because they discovered that they were justified by faith and not by the works of the law. John Calvin was a part of the group, but later he came up with the doctrine of predestination, which many considered to be heresy.

beloved57

Martin Luther and others broke away from the Catholic church because they discovered that they were justified by faith and not by the works of the law. John Calvin was a part of the group, but later he came up with the doctrine of predestination, which many considered to be heresy.

Predestination to salvation and the Truths of Tulip are the Gospel of Gods Grace, you don't believe them you don't believe the Gospel of Gods Grace!

lukecash12

This is simply a demonstration of historical ignorance.

Much like the Renaissance, the Reformation began at different times in different regions, as translations of the Bible became available in different languages. Facts are facts, folks. Us forcing sectarian biases on our ideas about history, does not make history itself change.

Btw, the Anabaptist ("re-baptizers") group was formed before the Reformation. The genesis of the Anabaptist ideas themselves, before the later formation of the group, was a 15th century Bohemian reformer named Petr Chelčický. They were the first to espouse, as a group, sola fide and sola scriptura.

Dimidium facti, qui coepit, habet; sapere aude, incipe.

Robert Pate

Banned
This is simply a demonstration of historical ignorance.

Much like the Renaissance, the Reformation began at different times in different regions, as translations of the Bible became available in different languages. Facts are facts, folks. Us forcing sectarian biases on our ideas about history, does not make history itself change.

Btw, the Anabaptist ("re-baptizers") group was formed before the Reformation. The genesis of the Anabaptist ideas themselves, before the later formation of the group, was a 15th century Bohemian reformer named Petr Chelčický. They were the first to espouse, as a group, sola fide and sola scriptura.

Dimidium facti, qui coepit, habet; sapere aude, incipe.

John Calvin was part of the group that left the Catholic church, But it was Martin Luther that led it.