Calling Independent Baptists

Lon

I agree, thus I dispensed with the entire christian notion.

Then what do you believe?
Right, so if there is a slough of bad parents, you don't want to be one either by the same token. :plain:

To me? Looks like excusing behavior and doesn't at all add up to rationality imho. -Lon

marhig

I was converted and had no choice in the matter. The best thing that has ever happened to me. I am in fellowship with The Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Church as they call it is not something I attend it's something I was added to and am now part of.

Acts 2:47 Praising Elohim, and having favour with all the people. And Adonay added to the church daily such as should be saved.

I was added on July 17th 1999 at 10:30 am. There is nothing anyone can say or do that could change that.

They were saved because they believed Peter. They had a choice believe, or not. And before they were saved they heard Peter preach this.

Acts 2

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call. And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation. Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls. And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

They had to repent before they received anything. And they were baptised when they received his word.

Truster

They were saved because they believed Peter. They had a choice believe, or not. And before they were saved they heard Peter preach this.

Acts 2

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call. And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation. Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls. And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

They had to repent before they received anything. And they were baptised when they received his word.

You are a fruitless professor.

beameup

I don't support Independent Baptists that are anti-Semites.
I don't support "Replacement Theology".

Last edited:

marhig

You are a fruitless professor.
They are verses from the chapter that you quoted and Peter clearly preaches repentance. Without repentance there is no salvation and no remission of sins!

The first words Jesus spoke were these.

Matthew 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Mark 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

We're not just saved regardless, we are to repent first.

Truster

They are verses from the chapter that you quoted and Peter clearly preaches repentance. Without repentance there is no salvation and no remission of sins!

The first words Jesus spoke were these.

Matthew 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Mark 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

We're not just saved regardless, we are to repent first.

Without salvation there is no trust or repentance.

marhig

Without salvation there is no trust or repentance.

No that's not true

Acts 3

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

Our sins can't be blotted out unless we repent thus if we don't repent then we are still in our sins and not saved and we won't be converted.

Truster

No that's not true

Acts 3

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

Our sins can't be blotted out unless we repent thus if we don't repent then we are still in our sins and not saved and we won't be converted.

Sins are blotted out by justification. Repentance and trust are proof that the guilty sinner is now a repentant sinner......"not by works, lest any man should boast".

marhig

Sins are blotted out by justification. Repentance and trust are proof that the guilty sinner is now a repentant sinner......"not by works, lest any man should boast".

We can't be converted without repentance. If we believe the word of God then we will repent and turn from sin and live by the will of God.

And we are made just be the life of Christ made manifest within our hearts by the power of the Holy Spirit. Not just by saying I believe and then following a false do nothing gospel.

If we truly believe in Jesus we will do as he teaches obey the living God!

Truster

We can't be converted without repentance. If we believe the word of God then we will repent and turn from sin and live by the will of God.

And we are made just be the life of Christ made manifest within our hearts by the power of the Holy Spirit. Not just by saying I believe and then following a false do nothing gospel.

If we truly believe in Jesus we will do as he teaches obey the living God!

You don't know what conversion or repentance mean.

marhig

You don't know what conversion or repentance mean.
Yes I do, to repent is to regret what we were doing and turn from it, which, for us is sinning. And then through faith we are to live by the will of God.

And conversion is to be converted by the Holy Spirit from our old ways to the way of Christ by having the life of Christ made manifest within our hearts through the Spirit of truth and we are made just by his life within changing our hearts to be more like his.

Truster

Yes I do, to repent is to regret what we were doing and turn from it, which, for us is sinning. And then through faith we are to live by the will of God.

And conversion is to be converted by the Holy Spirit from our old ways to the way of Christ by having the life of Christ made manifest within our hearts through the Spirit of truth and we made just by his life within changing our hearts to be more like his.

Wrong and extremely confused on both.

Truster

Ok what do you believe repentance and being converted is?

You would never agree or understand. You would first need to have the experience of conversion and repentance.

I don't know if you are aware that you are being used as a stool pigeon in attempts to get me banned. pj has just reported me for post number 30. glorydaz and tamara did a similar thing a week ago. If they have your consent then I don't mind, but using someone is not polite or right in my mind.

marhig

You would never agree or understand. You would first need to have the experience of conversion and repentance.

I don't know if you are aware that you are being used as a stool pigeon in attempts to get me banned. pj has just reported me for post number 30. glorydaz and tamara did a similar thing a week ago. If they have your consent then I don't mind, but using someone is not polite or right in my mind.

Truster, if you believe that the way you believe is the truth then you would gladly share it, as did I.

I haven't got a clue of how to report anyone, and i have never reported anyone and I have no intentions of doing so, I trust in God to give me a mouth to speak. Whatever you say about me or call me is between you and God, but I've forgiven you from my heart.

Truster

Truster, if you believe that the way you believe is the truth then you would gladly share it, as did I.

I haven't got a clue of how to report anyone, and i have never reported anyone and I have no intentions of doing so, I trust in God to give me a mouth to speak. Whatever you say about me or call me is between you and God, but I've forgiven you from my heart.

The truth is for the saints and not for unregenerate sinners. I gladly and with great patience pass on the truth through private messages and on occasion emails to those that have a sincere desire to grow in grace and in the knowledge of truth. Such people are few and far between and it depends on how the handle the truths as to if they receive more. You have proven time and time again to have a hatred for truth and a love for lies and so you won't be getting any doctrine from me.

marhig

The truth is for the saints and not for unregenerate sinners. I gladly and with great patience pass on the truth through private messages and on occasion emails to those that have a sincere desire to grow in grace and in the knowledge of truth. Such people are few and far between and it depends on how the handle the truths as to if they receive more. You have proven time and time again to have a hatred for truth and a love for lies and so you won't be getting any doctrine from me.
If you bore witness to the truth then you would gladly answer.

1 Peter 3

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

If you can't even bring yourself to explain what repentance is, how are those who don't understand to know what it means?

Truster

If you bore witness to the truth then you would gladly answer.

1 Peter 3

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

I have always given an answer to those that ask for the reason for the hope that is in me. You are not asking that question. That question has been answered in full and many times on TOL.

You are asking me to reveal doctrine that is not for you. You can read the Bible, but you cannot partake of the promises contained in the doctrines. These precious truths are for the saints alone and are revealed by the Holy Spirit to give comfort and assurance to the heirs of grace..

marhig

I have always given an answer to those that ask for the reason for the hope that is in me. You are not asking that question. That question has been answered in full and many times on TOL.

You are asking me to reveal doctrine that is not for you. You can read the Bible, but you cannot partake of the promises contained in the doctrines. These precious truths are for the saints alone and are revealed by the Holy Spirit to give comfort and assurance to the heirs of grace..

Surely Jesus' teachings are the most important to know, so if I'm wrong in your eyes regarding repentance and conversion, shouldn't you be correcting me? So that I know what's right?

But then again you have your own gospel where you're the only one here that is saved, seeing yourself as perfect, and everyone else is going to hell. And those who believe that it is right to obey God and do his will are listening to Satan. You're not right in any way whatsoever, and neither are you a saint of any sort. Imagine even referring to yourself as an elect saint? You are like a pharasee and you are far too above yourself.

Those who are truly born of God see themselves as unprofitable servants and live by the will of God, being saved by grace through faith in God and Christ. And they don't look at themselves as above anyone at all!

Anyway I'm off out in a bit. Got a busy day.

Truster

Surely Jesus' teachings are the most important to know, so if I'm wrong in your eyes regarding repentance and conversion, shouldn't you be correcting me? So that I know what's right?

But then again you have your own gospel where you're the only one here that is saved, seeing yourself as perfect, and everyone else is going to hell. And those who believe that it is right to obey God and do his will are listening to Satan. You're not right in any way whatsoever, and neither are you a saint of any sort. Imagine even referring to yourself as an elect saint? You are like a pharasee and you are far too above yourself.

Those who are truly born of God see themselves as unprofitable servants and live by the will of God, being saved by grace through faith in God and Christ. And they don't look at themselves as above anyone at all!

Anyway I'm off out in a bit. Got a busy day.

We saints live and learn while you simply exist