Calling Independent Baptists

Brother Vinny

I'm looking in this thread to engage with Baptists. Not all of them, just Independent Baptists. The Baptist-successionalist, KJV-only, soul-winning type of Independent Baptist as embodied by Pastor Steven L. Anderson in the video below:

I'd engage the Pastor Anderson himself were he to show up, but anyone whose stance more-or-less lines up with his will do. Thanks in advance.

Truster

There are over 41,000 denominations and cults that have sprung up since Luther nailed his theses to the door. The one thing they all have in common is that each one demands that they are the way and that all others are false.

This guy in the video knows no peace.

Last edited:

Brother Vinny

There are over 41,000 denominations and cults that have sprung up since Luther nailed his theses to the door. The one thing they all have in common is that each one demands that they are the way and that all others are false.

This guy knows no peace.

I don't know if anyone tells you, but I'm glad you're still here.

quip

BANNED
Banned

This guy in the video knows no peace.

So, which of the 41,000 is true?

Truster

So, who of the 41,000 is correct?

None of them.

Anyone who has been converted will come out from them. Any that have been converted will not approve of their teachings and methods. Collectively they make up the Town of Vainglory populated by formalism and hypocrisy.

"And I heard another voice from heaven saying, “Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues".

quip

BANNED
Banned
None of them.

Anyone who has been converted will come out from them. Any that have been converted will not approve of their teachings and methods. Collectively they make up the Town of Vainglory populated by formalism and hypocrisy.

"And I heard another voice from heaven saying, “Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues".

I agree, thus I dispensed with the entire christian notion.

Then what do you believe?

Truster

I agree, thus I dispensed with the entire christian notion.

Then what do you believe?

I was converted and had no choice in the matter. The best thing that has ever happened to me. I am in fellowship with The Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Church as they call it is not something I attend it's something I was added to and am now part of.

Acts 2:47 Praising Elohim, and having favour with all the people. And Adonay added to the church daily such as should be saved.

I was added on July 17th 1999 at 10:30 am. There is nothing anyone can say or do that could change that.

quip

BANNED
Banned
I was converted and had no choice in the matter. The best thing that has ever happened to me. I am in fellowship with The Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Church as they call it is not something I attend it's something I was added to and am now part of.

Acts 2:47 Praising Elohim, and having favour with all the people. And Adonay added to the church daily such as should be saved.

I was added on July 17th 1999 at 10:30 am. There is nothing anyone can say or do that could change that.

How can you be sure your version is correct? Does not your belief fail by the same reasoning?

Truster

How can you be sure your version is correct? Does not your belief fail by the same reasoning?

There is no doubt because I did nothing. It's not my version. I know for an absolute fact that nobody could have convinced me to seek salvation before I was converted. After I was converted nobody could argue with the fact.

quip

BANNED
Banned
There is no doubt because I did nothing. It's not my version. I know for an absolute fact that nobody could have convinced me to seek salvation before I was converted. After I was converted nobody could argue with the fact.

Are you inferring some form of predestination?

Truster

Are you inferring some form of predestination?

The term predestination does not convey the strength or power of the decree. Predetermined is accurate. I don't trust this because of something I've been taught. It is the only viable explanation of my experience.

I seem to recall us having this conversation before and at this point you got abusive.

quip

BANNED
Banned
The term predestination does not convey the strength or power of the decree. Predetermined is accurate. I don't trust this because of something I've been taught. It is the only viable explanation of my experience.

I seem to recall us having this conversation before and at this point you got abusive.

I don't mean to be abusive. Though, you must admit such a presumption is a bit insulting to those not within the 'predetermined' clique.

Truster

Up to this point...yes.

How can you determine the veracity of the same claim of predestination from another?

If someone has been converted then I recognise them. We speak the same language and it's unmistakable. Many people make claims, but the claims are based on intellectual apprehension or assent, but they have no spiritual acquaintance with the truth.

Dark Matter

BANNED
Banned

If someone has been converted then I recognize them. We speak the same language and it's unmistakable. Many people make claims, but the claims are based on intellectual apprehension or assent, but they have no spiritual acquaintance with the truth.