Breitbart : Take down the Fascist, Anti-Christian Gay Pride Flag

rexlunae

Thats actually false, precedent was that marriage definition was a states right.

Yes, and that hasn't changed. The states haven't been allowed to discriminate without sufficient justification in their marriage laws for decade. The decision in OBergfell came down on exactly the line of legal reasoning that applied in Loving v. Virginia, just as I've always been saying it would.

For example, one state doesn't have to recognize a common law marriage from another state and can define its own law there, just like some states allowed for gay marriage and many made laws to define marriage as a man and woman. Those were based on precedents of states rights who made their laws based on the voters will as it should be.

That's not entirely true, although the frontiers of it haven't been fully litigated. A state is Constitutionally required to give full faith and credit to the acts of another state. It may be that one state could refuse to recognize a marriage from another, but it would have to give a Constitutionally allowable reason, and I'm not sure what that would be.

rexlunae

And where would one stop this desecration of the dead?

Of course, I understand that point, but at the same time, I feel that it is more important to accommodate the living than the dead. There are people alive now whose ancestors were enslaved, and who still experience racial prejudice on a daily basis who feel that these memorials celebrate their ancestors' bondage, and I think that's a pretty reasonable complaint.

There are embankments along canals in New Orleans wherein Irish immigrant laborers who died from either Yellow
Fever or Typhoid, I can't remember which, were simply buried where they dropped.
It is petty vandalism when one agrees with the cause but it may be desecration to one who disagrees.

I don't really see the connection.

Jose Fly

You just contradicted yourself, and just like a seething liberal, you think people you don't like should be dug up who died long before you were born under different circumstances all because your poor emotions and sensibilities cant handle it.

Shameful. Where you put the body or would you burn it in the street and dance around it, thinking you actually accomplished something? Would you dig up all the soldiers who faught in wars you didnt like too? Youre sick.

Think your family would like it to happen to you on down the line, would that be ok?

He had already been "dug up" to put his body in the park. Originally, Forrest and his wife were buried in Elmwood Cemetary. But in 1904, they were "dug up" and relocated to the city park and a monument erected.

So as usual, Faux News isn't giving the whole story and you fell for it.

rexlunae

He had already been "dug up" to put his body in the park. Originally, Forrest and his wife were buried in Elmwood Cemetary. But in 1904, they were "dug up" and relocated to the city park and a monument erected.

So as usual, Faux News isn't giving the whole story and you fell for it.

Can I propose a new place for his body?

Spoiler

DSCN0476.jpg

TracerBullet

Thats actually false, precedent was that marriage definition was a states right. For example, one state doesn't have to recognize a common law marriage from another state and can define its own law there, just like some states allowed for gay marriage and many made laws to define marriage as a man and woman. Those were based on precedents of states rights who made their laws based on the voters will as it should be.

states cannot by legislation or by vote take away constitutionally protected rights

Jose Fly

You mean former Grand Wizard of the KKK, Nathan Bedford Forrest? Yeah, I never met him but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like him.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You mean former Grand Wizard of the KKK, Nathan Bedford Forrest? Yeah, I never met him but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like him.

So, im sure there are millions of dead people you wouldnt like, where does your want to desecrate the dead stop?

The fact that you dont see how sick this is also, is sick itself.

Jose Fly

So, im sure there are millions of dead people you wouldnt like, where does your want to desecrate the dead stop?

They're going to move his remains back to his original grave site. Fine by me.

The fact that you dont see how sick this is also, is sick itself.

Get over yourself, and then get a sense of humor.

Fundamentalists.....:rolleyes:

rexlunae

Thank you for showing clearly the sickness in liberal thinking. Where does your digging up the bodies of people you dont like who you never met, end?

Probably near the edge of the parking lot, I think. If it was good enough for Richard III...

Why would I need to meet him? He was a Confederate general and a founder of the KKK, right? And he's already been dug up once before. Honestly, dump his corpse in the ocean, or something, or just pave over him. I really don't care.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
They're going to move his remains back to his original grave site. Fine by me.

Get over yourself, and then get a sense of humor.

Fundamentalists.....:rolleyes:

The fact that you think you have the right to remove the remains of people dead long and buried because you dont like them, is something funny, speaks for you, not me. Thanks for showing everyone your sickness and lack of decency.

Jose Fly

The fact that you think you have the right to remove the remains of people dead long and buried because you dont like them, is something funny, speaks for you, not me. Thanks for showing everyone your sickness and lack of decency.

The fact that you're on the side of a former KKK Grand Wizard shows a lot about you.

Jose Fly

If that is what his family wishes, but for no other reason, like it or not.

You not liking him, isnt good enough reason.

Oh, I think the black citizens have a good enough reason to not have a gravesite and monument to a KKK Grand Wizard in a city park.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Oh, I think the black citizens have a good enough reason to not have a gravesite and monument to a KKK Grand Wizard in a city park.

They dont get to dictate burial for others any more than you do. Thats a family matter, you are no king and neither are they. Keep going on this, i love it when when extremist liberals go off the deep end like this, it shows people what happens when someone doesnt have a sound mind.