Born Again Of The Holy Spirit

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Squeaky is an uber-legalist law keeper so just ignore him as reprobate!

I said
ROFLOL Your an idiot.

Rom 2:1-3
1 Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things.
2 But we know that the judgment of God is according to truth against those who practice such things.
3 And do you think this, O man, you who judge those practicing such things, and doing the same, that you will escape the judgment of God?

Epoisses

Epoissis,

Your faith is very much the same as MAD's, basically, so is most protestants', including Calvinists.

peace:)

You're still a babe playing with your 'works' toys. If you don't grow up into the faith you won't ever have any.

Epoisses

I said
ROFLOL Your an idiot.

Rom 2:1-3
1 Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things.
2 But we know that the judgment of God is according to truth against those who practice such things.
3 And do you think this, O man, you who judge those practicing such things, and doing the same, that you will escape the judgment of God?

Woops! wrong person, my bad.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Woops! wrong person, my bad.

I said
Your biggest problem is you don't know what love is. Love is not a feeling or an emotion. Godly love is obedience.

John 14:23-25
23 Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.
24 "He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me.
25 "These things I have spoken to you while being present with you.
(NKJ)

John 14:15
15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments.
(NKJ)

John 14:21
21 "He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."
(NKJ)

John 15:10
10 "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Haha I understood most of that sentence except can you please tell me what "reprobate" means?

I said
lololo Ask him-her what a uber-legalist is. I have so many who come in here that cant talk bible so they make up words. And a commandment is a law.

23 Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.
24 "He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me.
(NKJ)

(NKJ)

21 "He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."
(NKJ)

Epoisses

I said
lololo Ask him-her what a uber-legalist is. I have so many who come in here that cant talk bible so they make up words. And a commandment is a law.

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

An uber-legalist is you, Noob commandment keeper. The only thing you keep is your pride!

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
An uber-legalist is you, Noob commandment keeper. The only thing you keep is your pride!

I said
lol Look if you just want to flex your intellectual muscles your on the wrong thread. But if you want to talk bible your on the right thread. But to talk bible you first must know some bible. Do you know who the Holy Spirit is and how He communicates with us?

Tnkrbl123!

I said

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

Well no that's just not true. "reprobate" is not a made up word, it is a real English word (you know, a set series of letters with an agreed upon definition, used to communicate our thoughts and ideas to one another in a way that others can understand). It is most definately a real word, I was only asking for clarification because like many words in the English language, just like many words in any other languages, it can have multiple meanings. And interestingly, 3 of the definitions can be applied to this specific situation and I was wondering what definition that person was trying to use:
1) an unprincipled person (often used humorously or affectionately).
2) (especially in Calvinism) a sinner who is not of the elect and is predestined to damnation)
3) express or feel disapproval of.

But you are incorrect when you say they are "making up words."

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I read through every single one of that extremely long and unrelenting 4 consecutive posts of scriptures just to be certain. And in NONE of them say you have to crucify your EMOTIONS! Having emotions is part of what makes us human! We are made in the image of GOD and just as GOD has shown emotion through the OT and NT, we also are equipped with incredibly beautiful ability to FEEL and have emotions. God shows all kinds of emotions in scripture, Jesus also showed many emotions including sadness, worry and lament. Having emotions is a gift it gives us empathy for others to help them burden their pain. We have joy and joy is am emotion. We feel sadness just as Jesus did and just as Ecclesiastes tells us there is a time for joy and a time for sadness there is a time for everyrhing under the sun.
You have mistaken the word "flesh" for emotions which is incorrect. the word "flex" in the Bible comes from the Greek word "sarx." sarx has many meanings but none are emotions. Emotions are a gift and they are to be celebrated.
I agree we are to crucify certain feelings like anger but remember that nothing ends at crucifixion. Just as Jesus was crucified He was also risen from the dead. He was resurrected. this is the central focus of the reason we have faith in Christ! Everyone dies but only Jesus had the ability to lay down His life AND take it up again. We do not leave anything crucified. The things of the flesh we crucify also must be raised to a new life in a new world order in a new creation. So we crucify feelings of anger and ask God to bring to life empty and patience. We crucify our own desires after earthly this gs and God will raise to life desires and feelings that move us to desire the things that please God. Jesus changed everything and all who die to themselves and want to will be raised in Jesus and be a new creation both on this earth in this life and in the life to come!
But as I have demonstrated above, we are not to crucify all our emotions. The Bible never says that emotions are bad in any way. Only when they are emotions that harm us or others are they to be crucified and replaced with emotions and feelings that bring glory to GOD and love to all.

Your writing style is not so good. You need to take writing class before you criticize anyone, friend.

peace.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Well no that's just not true. "reprobate" is not a made up word, it is a real English word (you know, a set series of letters with an agreed upon definition, used to communicate our thoughts and ideas to one another in a way that others can understand). It is most definately a real word, I was only asking for clarification because like many words in the English language, just like many words in any other languages, it can have multiple meanings. And interestingly, 3 of the definitions can be applied to this specific situation and I was wondering what definition that person was trying to use:
1) an unprincipled person (often used humorously or affectionately).
2) (especially in Calvinism) a sinner who is not of the elect and is predestined to damnation)
3) express or feel disapproval of.

But you are incorrect when you say they are "making up words."

I said
I replied to this word " uber-legalist " and you assume I was talking about this word"reprobate". What is wrong with this picture?

Tnkrbl123!

Your writing style is not so good. You need to take writing class before you criticize anyone, friend.

peace.

lol I have a bachelor's degree and have a 3.9 GPA. For a Sociologist my writing style fits perfectly within my field. If you don't like it then don't read it.
Plus, only because you brought it up, you criticize my writing style when you just wrote the sentance "you need to take writing class." That is a very short simple sentance but still you missed the "a" to make it a proper sentance. Lol sorry it's just kind of funny.
But really, here you go again. Do you enjoy criticizing people out of the blue for no reason? It sure seems like it. And for someone who claims to follow Jesus and to ACT the way He would..... you are failing at that by being rude to someone for no reason. Just sayin'

Tnkrbl123!

I said
I replied to this word " uber-legalist " and you assume I was talking about this word"reprobate". What is wrong with this picture?

ohhhh I see. Well you were replying to my post asking what "reprobate" meant so you can see where the confusion came in

Tnkrbl123!

peace.

And also you are so busy looking for someone or something to attack with no grounds for enmity (for some kind of pleasure it seems to give you) that you failed to realize I was not "criticizing" what he said. I was having a debate and laying out my reasons in an orderly way in order to show where I disagree. Then he responds back with his opinion. That's how a debate works. No wonder you are so quick to attack people. If you seem to think that disagreement and debate is criticism then your going to feel criticized every time someone disagrees with you. The whole point of debate is to show how and why you disagree and lay out another view! If you are going to get your panties in a knot everything someone disagrees with you because you think they are criticizing you then you probably should be on here for your own emotional well-being :)

Tnkrbl123!

boast away.

Your degree does not mean much if your writing stile is run-ins.

peace.

Well next time if you are going to point out my writing style is improper in your eyes you should probably proof read your own before you post because last time you did you did not write a proper sentance and I can't even believe it but you did it AGAIN in this sentance you just wrote hahaha. It is funny you have to admit

meshak

BANNED
Banned
And also you are so busy looking for someone or something to attack with no grounds for enmity

Calm down. There is no need for resentment.

Most of squeaky's posts are filled with scriptures and yours is mostly commentary. So you should make it easy to understand style if you want to communicate with him.

You should make spaces every once in a while.

You see how easy to read my posts?

just saying.

Tnkrbl123!

Calm down. There is no need for resentment.

Most of squeaky's posts are filled with scriptures and yours is mostly commentary. So you should make it easy to understand style if you want to communicate with him.

You should make spaces every once in a while.

You see how easy to read my posts?

just saying.

Nah I prefer mine :) I happen to like the way I write and I have done just fine in life doing it this way so I am happy to continue. If you don't enjoy it then the simple solution is for you not to read my posts. It's as simple as that :)
But listen sister it's been real and there are plenty of rude things I could say to you but I won't because I don't enjoy intentionally attacking people and hurting their feelings. :)
There's no doubt you will still want to continue with this childish game you started but I am sorry I am not interested because I have some important things to get done today. Also I know how much you love to have the last word so I will allow you to have it as a gift :) Have a wonderful afternoon.