Bloomberg: 'Yes' to Drugs 'No' to Styrofoam

zoo22

Since you live in Colorado, I can understand why you'd be so upset that NYC will have an informational campaign about hearing loss from earbuds.

I live in New York, too. :plain:

Oh, I didn't realize that. Part of the year or something? In NYC or further upstate? Military?

Why would it matter? :plain:

:chuckle: Wow. Curiosity. Conversation. I lived a great part of my life in NY.

But no matter.

zoo22

Think we should welcome the opinions of others who have not lived here?

To a degree. To what degree depends on what the particular issue is.

If NYC has an informational campaign on the dangers of hearing loss from earbuds, why in the world would anyone from somewhere else care?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
If NYC has an informational campaign on the dangers of hearing loss from earbuds, why in the world would anyone from somewhere else care?

It's about control :Commie: not earbuds or soda. :dizzy: You don't have to live in New York to have an opinion. Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10

See:

:DK: Spartan Women

Last edited:

zoo22

It's about control :Commie: not earbuds or soda. :dizzy: You don't have to live in New York to have an opinion. Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10

Is an informational campaign about the danger of hearing loss from earbuds really communist?

Are you worried the communists will take your earbuds? I think it'll be more along the lines of some posters on the subway (by "subway" I mean the "commie people mover").

"[Bloomberg] is launching a campaign to warn people about the risks of losing their hearing from blasting music on their headphones."

... The horror! An informational campaign?? Oh woe, where has freedom gone?!
I agree with you on this. There's nothing wrong with an informational campaign. It might actually reduce hearing loss (health costs) at some point in the future. What I dislike is dictators. Just give me the information and let me decide what I want to do with it.

As for styrofoam, a biodegradable cup can't be that hard to make, can it?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Seems reasonable to me. Exactly why is banning Styrofoam a bad thing?
Why doesn't he want to limit the size of :cheers: margaritas? :freak:

drunk_walk-2125.gif

See:

Substance Abuse

rexlunae

"...Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg, whose regulatory lance has slain fatty foods, supersize sodas, and smoking in parks, is now targeting plastic foam, :sozo2: the much-derided polymer that environmentalists have long tried to restrict..."

I think it's fair to believe that the amount of harm done by pot if far less than the amount of harm done by Styrofoam.