Black History Month

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The Klan philosophy of “100 percent Americanism” rested primarily on three attributes: belief in a philosophy of white supremacy; adherence to Protestant or “American” Christianity; and the superiority of native-born Americans.

Klan-Red-Riders-Jesus-Saves-photo-small.jpeg

scaleImage-1x50ymk.jpeg

To the Bright Fi-ery Cross, I will ev-er be true;
All blame and reproach gla-dly bear,
And friend-ship will show, to each Klans-man I know;
It’s glo-ry for ev-er we’ll share
So I’ll cherish the Bright Fiery Cross
Till from duties at last I lay down;
Then burn o’er me a Bright Fiery Cross,
The day I am laid in the ground.

Last edited:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nicely played. : )

Not gonna get into how Democrats morphed into Republicans and vice versa between then and now, but I think you know that already.

But - the Christians are still Christians, just MAGA Christians.
I simply do not accept MAGA as Christians ...

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I simply do not accept MAGA as Christians ...

I see them as Christians, but as the ideological descendants of the KKK Christians they've poisoned their religious belief by intertwining it with their nationalism and white superiority.

Doesn't this sound like you could apply it to many of today's evangelical preachers? KKK ==> MAGA.

In the 1920s, America’s most famous crusading fundamentalist, Billy Sunday, made some efforts to keep his distance from the Klan. But Klansmen tended to see the revivalist as a kindred spirit. Without cozying up too much to the organization, Sunday found ways to praise the robbed terrorists. Other traveling preachers like Bob Jones, Alma White, B. B. Crimm, Charlie Taylor, and Raymond T. Richey lauded the white supremacist groups in their sermons and publications. Billy Sunday’s ardent prohibitionism, biblical literalism, and nativism made him particularly attractive in the eyes of Klan members. In 1922 a South Bend, Indiana, newspaper cracked a bleak joke about their mutual affection. “Down in West Virginia the other day,” an editor noted, the Klan “slipped Billy Sunday the sum of $200. With Sunday’s O.K., that ought to put the K.K.K. in good standing with old St. Peter.” Sunday returned the favor with kind words about Klansmen who lent a hand in police vice raids. The revivalist would accept other larger-than-average donations from the Klan at revivals in Indiana, Tennessee, Mississippi, and Louisiana between 1922 and 1925. In Richmond, Indiana, Klansmen showed up to give him their donation decked out in all their full regalia. Fittingly, in 1923 a Klan-supporting editor in Texas rhapsodized: “I find the preachers of the Protestant faith almost solid for the Klan and its ideals, with here and there an isolated minister . . . who will line up with the Catholics in their fight on Protestantism, but that kind of preacher is persona non grata in most every congregation in Texas.”​

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
That's all you have because you don't have a defense for those KKK Christians or their modern-day counterparts. I understand.