AUTHENTICITY OF TRUST

AUTHENTICITY OF TRUST

• Total voters

Right Divider

Body part
Abstaining from evil and doing right is what we are supposed to do.
Absolutely, but you will NOT EARN salvation by doing so.

Circumcision, a special diet, observing special days, going to a priest, doing various external washings the people had to do...the sacrifice of animals, THOSE THINGS do not have anything to do with good or bad, except that you are cut off from God if you do not do those things. Doing those things required payment.
So you think that there was a time when salvation could be earned by ceremonial observations

You have no understanding from God.
I do, you don't.

Last edited:

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you not get AT ALL what WORK AT YOUR SALVATION means?

Do you not get that PAUL, PAUL, Paul says to TRAIN YOURSELF?

Do you understand what it is to train?

Luke 6:40
A student is not above his teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like his teacher.
1 Corinthians 9:25
Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.
1 Timothy 4:7, 8
Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives’ tales; rather, train yourself to be godly. For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.
2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,
Titus 2:4
Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children,
Hebrews 5:14
But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.
Hebrews 12:11
No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

Did you read all that?

Now tell me how you can say we do not have to repent?

Tell me how you ever can say again that our behavior does not matter.

Your post has no relationship to what I posted.
You are full of presumption.

God's Truth

Absolutely, but you will NOT EARN salvation by doing so.

So you think that there was a time when salvation could be earned by ceremonial observations

I do, you don't.

There was a time for over 1,600 years where works could get you cleaned and give you the right to call yourself a child of God. But God did not like it, so He said He would make a NEW covenant one day. When the day came, he cut off and threw out all those faithless Jews, and bound them to the place where the Gentiles were.

glorydaz

And anyone who says that they don't sin is blinded. We all sin, but hopefully not wifully!

And my life is dead, I'm a totally different person to what I was before. God has changed me completely. And Christ has cast out many of my devils. But I'd be a liar if I said that I was never tempted and that I didn't want to do some things, sometimes. But I'm strengthened by God so that I can't do them.

I've told you, I'm probably worse than many here, and I know that I'm nothing. But I'm not a liar, and I do sin. But hopefully by the grace of God, I don't do it wifully!

You say your "life is dead".....how is it that you still sin?

You just keep contradicting yourself. Sin is transgression of the law.

Galatians 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.​

Right Divider

Body part
There was a time for over 1,600 years where works could get you cleaned and give you the right to call yourself a child of God. But God did not like it, so He said He would make a NEW covenant one day. When the day came, he cut off and threw out all those faithless Jews, and bound them to the place where the Gentiles were.
You are just such a mess of confusion.

God gave them something that He did not like? :dizzy:

glorydaz

I can honestly say that I hold no hardness in my heart for anyone, I'm talking about things that sometimes come into our minds. And yes I have been hard at times, but God has helped me to overcome it and sort it out.

I have faith in God and Christ, and I know that God will help me to overcome, but what I'm not saying is that I have no sin. We all sin, every single one of us. But if we are faithful and turn from sin, I believe that God will forgive us. But if we carry on wilfully sinning, then we will suffer for it.

When you say that our Lord went to the cross to free us from the condemnation of sin, what do you mean by that? and where does it say that in the Bible? Thanks

Why do you claim to sin? Believers have been delivered from the law.

Romans 8:1-4
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

glorydaz

So what do we have to obey?

Why can't you bring yourself to say it?

There are many people who say they believe but they do not obey, so stop acting bewitched. Tell me if you do not have to do anything, why then does Paul give US MANY TO DO's?

Tell us why there are so many people who say they believe but they do not obey.

What? They aren't really saved? lol

Why? Because they don't OBEY? lol

Why don't you ever tell us what you obey? :popcorn:

God's Truth

Read Isaiah 1

Isaiah 1:13 Stop bringing meaningless offerings!

That is what is said by God about the offerings the people were bringing.

Is God putting down the law He gave about bringing offerings?

No, of course not, God is not putting down the law He gave.

God is putting down the offerings that are given by those who have not stopped sinning.

God is putting down the offerings given by people whose hearts are not right.

Read how God, who gave the law to Moses, is complaining that the Jews who were doing the law were doing it without a true heart of remorse from sin.

Isaiah 1:14 Your New Moon feasts and your appointed festivals
I hate with all my being.

They have become a burden to me;
I am weary of bearing them.
15 When you spread out your hands in prayer,
I hide my eyes from you;
even when you offer many prayers,
I am not listening.

Your hands are full of blood!
16 Wash and make yourselves clean.
Take your evil deeds out of my sight;
stop doing wrong.

marhig

Willful or not, all sins must be dealt with.
All of your sins are dealt with the same way.
ALL of them.

It should noted that NONE of your righteousness and obedience is even in the equation.

Romans 5:18-19 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.​

That one ain't you.

Sins that we commit which are not wilful will be forgiven if we truly repent and try and put them right, we will suffer if we know the truth and carry on and wifully sin. Jesus said that as we pray to the father we are to ask him to forgive our sins, as we forgive others.

And through the righteousness of Christ we received the truth, we received the gospel by the grace of God through Jesus, and God was in Christ reconciling the world into himself by his word, we received the word of truth by the Holy Spirit through Christ. And we are saved through that word, through Christ, by the grace of God through faith.

And because Adam was disobedient and sinned, sin was in the world, but we are responsible for our own sins. And because of the obedience of Christ Jesus, life came into the world through the gospel by the? word of God and we have a choice to believe in him, or not. And many are made righteous through him. Through him we are brought from darkness into light by the living word of God. And from death to life by the power of the Holy Spirit and once we are born of God, we are risen with Christ.

marhig

So... in those occasional instances when we observe ourselves sinning, it's someone else's will involved and not our own? Have we become robotic machines in those instances? Whose will is it if not our own?

Whatever we do, begins with a thought and from there proceeds our will to either act or not act on that thought.

Heb 10:26 must be understood in context.

No, if we observe ourselves sinning, then it's wilful sin. But at times we also sin without realising or without thinking first, and when we do realise that we have done wrong, we are to go to God for forgiveness and sincerely mean that we are sorry, and then put it right if we can.

marhig

You say your "life is dead".....how is it that you still sin?

You just keep contradicting yourself. Sin is transgression of the law.

Galatians 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.​
I'm talking about my old life before I truly know God, I'm dead to that life, but I have to die daily to sin and I can only do that with the help of God by the power of the Spirit, through Christ.