Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choleric

*repeat* *repeat*

As far as the Groups. If I wanted to discuss a topic with only a select group of people being able to view and/or respond, would creating a group be the best way to do that?

Can you give a brief explanation of how the group feature works?

;)Is the Ask Knight feature only for subscribers?;)

Last edited:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Can one subscribe to a group in the way one subscribes to a thread so that one is notified when there is new content? Or does that kind of defeat the purpose? :)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Once you save a blog draft, how do you post it? I couldn't figure that out.
From the blogs page click "your blog".

Click on the blog that is a saved draft.

Click the little pencil icon "edit blog entry".

Select "publish now".

Save.

Aimiel

What would it take to get Squeaky banned permanently? (Aimiel crosses his fingers, repeating, over and over: "Please say I just did so in three mouseclicks!")

Choleric

3rd times the charm???

3rd times the charm???

*repeat* *repeat**3rd time posted, beginning to feel rejection*

As far as the Groups. If I wanted to discuss a topic with only a select group of people being able to view and/or respond, would creating a group be the best way to do that?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
*repeat* *repeat**3rd time posted, beginning to feel rejection*

Groups are just a simple way to connect with other people that share a similar interest.

You can comment and post pictures in your groups. Eventually the groups feature will be expanded.

Think of a social group like "buddies" except they are only for certain interests.

Choleric

Groups are just a simple way to connect with other people that share a similar interest.

You can comment and post pictures in your groups. Eventually the groups feature will be expanded.

Think of a social group like "buddies" except they are only for certain interests.

I guess my question is, if I wanted to have a private discussion with just those people in a group, is that possible.

One where noone else can see it or respond to it?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I guess my question is, if I wanted to have a private discussion with just those people in a group, is that possible.

One where noone else can see it or respond to it?
You can create a "invite only" social group where only folks you invite can respond. However, all members will be able to read comments they just wont be able to respond.

Prolifeguyswife

Knight, is Turbo's username a nod to American Gladiators? (the one from the 80's, not the cheap imitation that's on now).

I would ask Turbo, but alas, I cannot find an "Ask Turbo" thread. :idunno:

Army of One

Knight, is Turbo's username a nod to American Gladiators? (the one from the 80's, not the cheap imitation that's on now).

I would ask Turbo, but alas, I cannot find an "Ask Turbo" thread. :idunno:
I thought maybe it was a reference to the character in the movie Breakin' (or Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo).

Does :turbo: like to break-dance? :idunno:

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I thought maybe it was a reference to the character in the movie Breakin' (or Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo).

Does :turbo: like to break-dance? :idunno:

Look at you, going all retro '80's on us!
Breakin' was a hot movie when it came out. Electric Boogaloo...not so much. I STILL wish I could do the windmill. :shut:

Army of One

Look at you, going all retro '80's on us!
Breakin' was a hot movie when it came out. Electric Boogaloo...not so much.
Those were the good old days, where if two people needed to settle an argument, instead of shooting each other, they had a breakdance battle. :sigh:
I STILL wish I could do the windmill. :shut:
Yeah, I always wanted to do that as a little kid. Unfortunately, by the time I was old enough to learn any real dance moves, I had moved on from breakdancing and was embarrassing myself with MC Hammer-like moves. But when I see George St. Pierre break into a windmill after he wins a match, I still get a bit jealous. :chuckle:

I also wanted to be able to do the dance that Turbo does with the broom. Never could figure that one out. :noid:

Status
Not open for further replies.