Arminians' Dilemma

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
1John 2:2 One Calvinist commentary says that John means 'Jews' when he says us, such that 'whole world' means 'not just we Jews.
I don't know everyone's answer, but I don't believe this necessarily had to be made by a Calvinist. That is, any scholar could understand John to be saying it with such a distinction. For instance, Clarke also suggests the same rendering of the text and Barnes says rather that "propitiation" should be seen as appeasing God's wrath by Christ's action, but not removing sins of unrepentant sinners. Most, as I'm understanding, disagree with a universal application of atonement, Calvinist or no.

Exactly. The context is to include non-Jews. But you can't convince those who are self-taught and operate according to their own false autonomy apart from scripture and its actual meaning.

Reactions: Lon

Epoisses

I'm "on board" with the very clear and succinct answer I've given to your question/s; not your obfuscatory nonsense of continued wrong questions from ignorance.

Are you a Universalist?

I am a proponent of a universal atonement but not a universal Salvation with all men going to heaven.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Do you not see that he actually explains things quite clearly and explicitly? I'm very thankful for his kind explanations of complex concepts.

Actually, it is not complex concepts.

but you guys are making it as if it is.

You and PPs are doing a good job making your opposes feel inferior with big words because they are not secure of their faith, even though they claim they are secure.

Epoisses

Did the atonement sacrifice at Yom Kippur cover the sins of everyone in the world? Or just those in Israel? Hm...

It didn't cover the sins of anyone. It was just theater and a shadow of the work of Christ.

You think Yom Kippur atoned for sin! LOL For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. Heb.10:4

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
I am a proponent of a universal atonement but not a universal Salvation with all men going to heaven.

That's because you have embraced the same linguistic fallacies as the "Neo-Liberal" theologian Karl Barth, who didn't understand Greek articular and anarthrous nouns, either.

Universal Atonement IS Universal Salvation. You don't understand the false ontology promoted by Universal Atonement. I can sniff it out every time.

You're a Pelagian. And... You'll deny it. It's all because of your lack of understanding Greek articular and anarthrous nouns. And you're now accountable for that fact.

What you don't realize is that this "encounter" is divine as provision for you to be taught of the Spirit as you pursue an understanding beyond your false paradox from ignorance of basic Greek grammar represented in your own native language.

I'm guessing you'll ignore it all, though.

Lon

It didn't cover the sins of anyone. It was just theater and a shadow of the work of Christ.

You think Yom Kippur atoned for sin! LOL For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. Heb.10:4
I think Alethei's referring to John 1:29 though.

Aletheiophile

Actually, it is not complex concepts.

but you guys are making it as if it is.

You and PPs are doing a good job making your opposes feel inferior with big words because they are not secure of their faith, even though they claim they are secure.

As I said in another thread, maybe "big words" are being used because "small words" are insufficient. Yet you refuse to hear the good news and teaching. Everything we say could be found in a good study bible. If you don't like our big words, why don't you go get a good study bible and use it?

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber

I guess you don't understand the distinction between temporary and permanent, either.

Aletheiophile

For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. Heb. 10:4

IDIOT!!!

Did you read the book of Hebrews? The sacrifical system covered temporarily, but did not permanently atone. That is why Christ is superior.

If the OT system did not function in atoning sin, then Christ's work is null.

Lon

That's because you have embraced the same linguistic fallacies as the "Neo-Liberal" theologian Karl Barth, who didn't understand Greek articular and anarthrous nouns, either.

Universal Atonement IS Universal Salvation. You don't understand the false ontology promoted by Universal Atonement. I can sniff it out every time.

You're a Pelagian. And... You'll deny it. It's all because of your lack of understanding Greek articular and anarthrous nouns. And you're now accountable for that fact.

What you don't realize is that this "encounter" is divine as provision for you to be taught of the Spirit as you pursue an understanding beyond your false paradox from ignorance of basic Greek grammar represented in your own native language.

I'm guessing you'll ignore it all, though.

I'm not sure we are all apt, but I'm glad to see online courses and discussion as well as churches that are taking up the ball and challenge with it. We can at least 'listen' and 'ask' when we come across those who have a better understanding. I've a bit to brush up on, but it is no dishonor to simply say "that's a bit above my pay-grade at the moment. Can you please explain this to me a bit more clearly?"

I'm guessing that you sadly don't get that response very often though? :(