Argueing

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
4 And you, fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath...
My daughter used to quote that scripture to her father a lot.

Try these scriptures instead. She was a child not a woman.

Eph.6:1 Children, obey your parents in Our Lord, for this is right. 2 And this is the first commandment of promise: "Honor your father and your mother..

I said
That is right. And there is no honor of the father for any child to quote that verse to them.

truthjourney

4 And you, fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath...
My daughter used to quote that scripture to her father a lot.

I said
That is right. And there is no honor of the father for any child to quote that verse to them.
And who said otherwise?
Sometimes like say twenty years later, a parent might remember something that a child did or said that got the child in trouble and maybe it was a hard lesson for the child to learn. And it wasn't funny at the time but in retrospect it is, for the parent. My husband would laugh about it too if he was still alive.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
And who said otherwise?
Sometimes like say twenty years later, a parent might remember something that a child did or said that got the child in trouble and maybe it was a hard lesson for the child to learn. And it wasn't funny at the time but in retrospect it is, for the parent. My husband would laugh about it too if he was still alive.

I said
Now you can see why I posted this revelation. We are not dealing with maybe's. We are dealing with the Word of God. I'm just showing you what the Word says. Its all up to you if you want to reject it or believe it.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
ARGUEING ( IS Emotion)
Mark 8:11-12
11 Then the Pharisees came out and began to dispute with Him, seeking from Him a sign from heaven, testing Him.
12 But He sighed deeply in His spirit, and said, "Why does this generation seek a sign? Assuredly, I say to you, no sign shall be given to this generation."
Luke 9:46-50
46 Then a dispute arose among them as to which of them would be greatest.
47 And Jesus, perceiving the thought of their heart, took a little child and set him by Him,
48 and said to them, "Whoever receives this little child in My name receives Me; and whoever receives Me receives Him who sent Me. For he who is least among you all will be great."
49 Now John answered and said, "Master, we saw someone casting out demons in Your name, and we forbade him because he does not follow with us."
50 But Jesus said to him, "Do not forbid him, for he who is not against us is on our side."
Luke 22:24-26
24 Now there was also a dispute among them, as to which of them should be considered the greatest.
25 And He said to them, "The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them, and those who exercise authority over them are called 'benefactors.'
26 "But not so among you; on the contrary, he who is greatest among you, let him be as the younger, and he who governs as he who serves.
John 3:25-27
25 Then there arose a dispute between some of John's disciples and the Jews about purification.
26 And they came to John and said to him, "Rabbi, He who was with you beyond the Jordan, to whom you have testified-- behold, He is baptizing, and all are coming to Him!"
27 John answered and said, "A man can receive nothing unless it has been given to him from heaven.
Heb 6:15-20
15 And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise.
16 For men indeed swear by the greater, and an oath for confirmation is for them an end of all dispute.
17 Thus God, determining to show more abundantly to the heirs of promise the immutability of His counsel, confirmed it by an oath,
18 that by two immutable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we might have strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold of the hope set before us.
19 This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which enters the Presence behind the veil,
20 where the forerunner has entered for us, even Jesus, having become High Priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek.
Luke 6:41-47
41 "And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not perceive the plank in your own eye?
42 "Or how can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me remove the speck that is in your eye,' when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck that is in your brother's eye.
43 "For a good tree does not bear bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit.
44 "For every tree is known by its own fruit. For men do not gather figs from thorns, nor do they gather grapes from a bramble bush.
45 "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.
46 "But why do you call Me 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do the things which I say?
47 "Whoever comes to Me, and hears My sayings and does them, I will show you whom he is like:
Titus 3:10
10 Reject a divisive man after the first and second admonition,
Eph 6:4-10
4 And you, fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath, but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord.
5 Bondservants, be obedient to those who are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in sincerity of heart, as to Christ;
6 not with eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but as bondservants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart,
7 with good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men,
8 knowing that whatever good anyone does, he will receive the same from the Lord, whether he is a slave or free.
9 And you, masters, do the same things to them, giving up threatening, knowing that your own Master also is in heaven, and there is no partiality with Him.
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.
2 Tim 2:14
14 Remind them of these things, charging them before the Lord not to strive about words to no profit, to the ruin of the hearers.
(NKJ)

XXX A Born again Christian avoids an arguement if possible. They will warn some once/ twice and then avoid them. The only time a Christian will let it go that far is if they cant avoid it. They try to live peacably with all men. If you feel the need to argue to get your point across, you are driven by an emotion(unclean spirit). That spirit is useing you to the ruin of the hearer.

2 Tim 2:24-26
24 And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient,
25 in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth,
26 and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will.
(NKJ)

Acts 15:7
7 And when there had been much dispute, Peter rose up and said to them: "Men and brethren, you know that a good while ago God chose among us, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe.
(NKJ)

Rom 12:17-21
17 Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men.
18 If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.
19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay," says the Lord.
20 Therefore "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him a drink; for in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head."
21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
(NKJ)

Gal 5:14-17
14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
15 But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another!
16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
(NKJ)
It is true that we should not argue against scripture. If we know the truth of the Bible, the truth of scripture, the truth of the gospel, the truth of God's word, we should be able to share it with others.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
It is true that we should not argue against scripture. If we know the truth of the Bible, the truth of scripture, the truth of the gospel, the truth of God's word, we should be able to share it with others.

I said
The reason we cant is because of unclean spirits in others. Them spirits don't want the person to hear the truth. And the truth will always arouse any unclean spirits that are present. We are sharing it with people who haven't crucified their emotions yet. People who are believing lies inside themselves.

Gal 5:17
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
(NKJ)

Gal 5:24
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
The reason we cant is because of unclean spirits in others. Them spirits don't want the person to hear the truth. And the truth will always arouse any unclean spirits that are present. We are sharing it with people who haven't crucified their emotions yet. People who are believing lies inside themselves.

Gal 5:17
(NKJ)

24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
(NKJ)
Do you see it as arguing for me to ask if you see the word emotions in any translation of the Bible?

emotion

Genesis 43:30 NLT - 30 Then Joseph hurried from the room because he was overcome with emotion for his brother. He went into his private room, where he broke down and wept.

2 Samuel 18:33 NLT - 33 The king was overcome with emotion. He went up to the room over the gateway and burst into tears. And as he went, he cried, "O my son Absalom! My son, my son Absalom! If only I had died instead of you! O Absalom, my son, my son."

Genesis 43:30 HCSB - 30 Joseph hurried out because he was overcome with emotion for his brother, and he was about to weep. He went into an inner room to weep.

emotions

Psalm 7:9 HCSB - 9 Let the evil of the wicked come to an end, but establish the righteous. The One who examines the thoughts and emotions is a righteous God.

I have grown up and read the NASB (the New American Standard Bible).

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Do you see it as arguing for me to ask if you see the word emotions in any translation of the Bible?

emotion

Genesis 43:30 NLT - 30 Then Joseph hurried from the room because he was overcome with emotion for his brother. He went into his private room, where he broke down and wept.

2 Samuel 18:33 NLT - 33 The king was overcome with emotion. He went up to the room over the gateway and burst into tears. And as he went, he cried, "O my son Absalom! My son, my son Absalom! If only I had died instead of you! O Absalom, my son, my son."

Genesis 43:30 HCSB - 30 Joseph hurried out because he was overcome with emotion for his brother, and he was about to weep. He went into an inner room to weep.

emotions

Psalm 7:9 HCSB - 9 Let the evil of the wicked come to an end, but establish the righteous. The One who examines the thoughts and emotions is a righteous God.

I have grown up and read the NASB (the New American Standard Bible).

I said
No I don't see it as arguing to ask any question. But the definition of passion is emotion. Now can you see any one of these that isn't an emotion?

Gal 5:17-21
18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
(NKJ)

(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
No I don't see it as arguing to ask any question. But the definition of passion is emotion. Now can you see any one of these that isn't an emotion?

Gal 5:17-21
18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
(NKJ)

(NKJ)

I can say that I do not understand scripture your way.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I can say that I do not understand scripture your way.

I said
Like I said before there is a milk understanding of scripture and there is a meat understanding or scripture. I have revelations on all the subjects we have talked about on the board. If you scroll threw the pages you can find them.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Like I said before there is a milk understanding of scripture and there is a meat understanding or scripture. I have revelations on all the subjects we have talked about on the board. If you scroll threw the pages you can find them.
I have read much of what you have written in the past. I understand that what you have communicated here at TOL is for all to see and read. I do believe that your way of understanding things can change.

The question, after looking at scripture, is if people have emotions. And if so, what the word means. It is possible that what you are talking about is not emotions. In any case, I do not understand the scripture you referenced as referring to emotions. Are you against emotions? I don't describe what I am thinking in terms of emotions. It may be that a person thinks or speaks in terms of what they think or feel. What about what a person feels, thinks, or does? What a person is feeling? How a person is doing? None of these things have to be how we live our lives. "What's up?" "How are you doing?" "What's going on with you?"

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I have read much of what you have written in the past. I understand that what you have communicated here at TOL is for all to see and read. I do believe that your way of understanding things can change.

The question, after looking at scripture, is if people have emotions. And if so, what the word means. It is possible that what you are talking about is not emotions. In any case, I do not understand the scripture you referenced as referring to emotions. Are you against emotions? I don't describe what I am thinking in terms of emotions. It may be that a person thinks or speaks in terms of what they think or feel. What about what a person feels, thinks, or does? What a person is feeling? How a person is doing? None of these things have to be how we live our lives. "What's up?" "How are you doing?" "What's going on with you?"

I said
A lot of people don't understand because they haven't understood the difference between emotions and affections. but they are different. Emotions always push you to an action. Affections never push you they just come and go.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
A lot of people don't understand because they haven't understood the difference between emotions and affections. but they are different. Emotions always push you to an action. Affections never push you they just come and go.

I don't believe what you are saying.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
The board has pages on it. If you go back just four or five pages you should find the revelations on emotions.
I am not talking to you about emotions. If we go by scripture, the verses I presented to you are in this thread. The verses, or the scripture verses, that have the word emotion or emotions in them. I don't know why you are saying what you are saying. I don't know where you get your teaching from. I do not need to follow it. It is my belief that you do not understand the scriptures. You need the truth to replace your ideas.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I am not talking to you about emotions. If we go by scripture, the verses I presented to you are in this thread. The verses, or the scripture verses, that have the word emotion or emotions in them. I don't know why you are saying what you are saying. I don't know where you get your teaching from. I do not need to follow it. It is my belief that you do not understand the scriptures. You need the truth to replace your ideas.

I said
Well you do have a right to your opinion. But I use the title as emotions because everyone can relate to that. Its the title.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Well you do have a right to your opinion. But I use the title as emotions because everyone can relate to that. Its the title.
I don't know what you mean by that. It is okay if you change your opinion and how you see things, including how you think. We should all think the way God wants us to.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I don't know what you mean by that. It is okay if you change your opinion and how you see things, including how you think. We should all think the way God wants us to.

I said
I went through the three years of the milk understanding, and the eleven years of the meat understanding. And I came to the revelations of Jesus Christ. for the past 25 years I have received over 2000 of these revelations. I pray and ask about a subject and Jesus gives me a whole revelation on the subject.
The title of a thread is no more than that a title. Go look at all the different threads started in the website. And tell me how many of them quote the bible in the title.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
I went through the three years of the milk understanding, and the eleven years of the meat understanding. And I came to the revelations of Jesus Christ. for the past 25 years I have received over 2000 of these revelations. I pray and ask about a subject and Jesus gives me a whole revelation on the subject.
The title of a thread is no more than that a title. Go look at all the different threads started in the website. And tell me how many of them quote the bible in the title.
I don't understand what you are saying. I don't see it in scripture. I encourage you in your study of scripture. Allow God to help you to understand what you are reading. You are right that people should quote or post scripture more often. This is true of thread titles, though a thread title does not need to be a quote. May your posts contain scripture. It is good to post scripture. Don't think that you must. It is not required for your salvation.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I don't understand what you are saying. I don't see it in scripture. I encourage you in your study of scripture. Allow God to help you to understand what you are reading. You are right that people should quote or post scripture more often. This is true of thread titles, though a thread title does not need to be a quote. May your posts contain scripture. It is good to post scripture. Don't think that you must. It is not required for your salvation.

I said
It is required for a born gain Christian. A born again Christian is required to demonstrate the Spirit.

1 Cor 2:1-5

1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God.
2 For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
3 I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling.
4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
(NKJ)