Are You Legally saved?

Robert Pate

Banned
All that God does, he does according to law. Today's legal system is based upon God's law. If you commit a crime you will find yourself in a court of law and will be judged according to the law. There are legal words in the Bible like "Justification" and "Condemnation". No one will enter heaven that has not been legally justified by Jesus Christ. There is only one way to be legally justified. Those that are legally saved are justified by Jesus Christ. Trying to be saved through predestination (Calvinism) or an infused righteousness (Catholicism) are illegal and not according to God's way or his law.

If God declared that you are saved it would have to be on the merit of Jesus Christ and not on the Merit of your own works or righteousness. We all stand before God's court as guilty. This is why Paul wrote, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10. We all need to be justified since we are all helpless sinners, justification must come to us outside of ourselves. It has in the person of Jesus Christ.

"But to him that does no works, but believes on him that JUSTIFIES the UNGODLY (guilty sinners) his faith (not his works or obedience) is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5. In God's court faith in Jesus Christ counts for righteousness. Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus we can now stand before God's court as justified. The righteousness of Christ is imputed to us and we are justified based upon his merit and his merit alone.

"To declare, I say, at this time HIS righteousness: that he might be just and the justifier of him which believes in Jesus" Romans 3:26.

The righteousness of another (Jesus Christ) is what saves us. Not a declaration from God that you have been predestinated. Not an infused righteousness that the Bible knows nothing about. Justified by Christ and by Christ alone.

Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus salvation and justification have been provided by Jesus for the whole world, 1 John 2:2, 1 John 4:14, Hebrews 2:9, plus many other scriptures.

"By the righteousness of one (Jesus Christ) THE FREE GIFT came upon ALL MEN unto justification of life" Romans 5:18.

"Came upon all men" means that it is available to all men. God has provided salvation and justification for everyone. It is offered to all of humanity as a free gift from God, Ephesians 2:8. There is no reason for any one to be lost. If Jesus has fulfilled all of the demands of God's holy law and has atoned for the sins of the whole world, then that means all, anyone, everyone, whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord can be saved, Romans 10:13.

Just as God imputes righteousness and justification to the saved. He imputes sin and condemnation to the unsaved. In the judgment all that are not found to be justified by Christ and stand before God's court as righteous, will have their sins imputed back to them and will be condemned. "Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin" Romans 4:8. Even though the sins of the world have been atoned for. God can still and will impute sin back to the unbeliever and condemn them to hell.

This is why Paul wrote, "That I might be found in him, not having my own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is of the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith" Philippians 3:9.

Faith brings righteousness, not works, obedience or religion.

popsthebuilder

All that God does, he does according to law. Today's legal system is based upon God's law. If you commit a crime you will find yourself in a court of law and will be judged according to the law. There are legal words in the Bible like "Justification" and "Condemnation". No one will enter heaven that has not been legally justified by Jesus Christ. There is only one way to be legally justified. Those that are legally saved are justified by Jesus Christ. Trying to be saved through predestination (Calvinism) or an infused righteousness (Catholicism) are illegal and not according to God's way or his law.

If God declared that you are saved it would have to be on the merit of Jesus Christ and not on the Merit of your own works or righteousness. We all stand before God's court as guilty. This is why Paul wrote, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10. We all need to be justified since we are all helpless sinners, justification must come to us outside of ourselves. It has in the person of Jesus Christ.

"But to him that does no works, but believes on him that JUSTIFIES the UNGODLY (guilty sinners) his faith (not his works or obedience) is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5. In God's court faith in Jesus Christ counts for righteousness. Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus we can now stand before God's court as justified. The righteousness of Christ is imputed to us and we are justified based upon his merit and his merit alone.

"To declare, I say, at this time HIS righteousness: that he might be just and the justifier of him which believes in Jesus" Romans 3:26.

The righteousness of another (Jesus Christ) is what saves us. Not a declaration from God that you have been predestinated. Not an infused righteousness that the Bible knows nothing about. Justified by Christ and by Christ alone.

Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus salvation and justification have been provided by Jesus for the whole world, 1 John 2:2, 1 John 4:14, Hebrews 2:9, plus many other scriptures.

"By the righteousness of one (Jesus Christ) THE FREE GIFT came upon ALL MEN unto justification of life" Romans 5:18.

"Came upon all men" means that it is available to all men. God has provided salvation and justification for everyone. It is offered to all of humanity as a free gift from God, Ephesians 2:8. There is no reason for any one to be lost. If Jesus has fulfilled all of the demands of God's holy law and has atoned for the sins of the whole world, then that means all, anyone, everyone, whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord can be saved, Romans 10:13.

Just as God imputes righteousness and justification to the saved. He imputes sin and condemnation to the unsaved. In the judgment all that are not found to be justified by Christ and stand before God's court as righteous, will have their sins imputed back to them and will be condemned. "Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin" Romans 4:8. Even though the sins of the world have been atoned for. God can still and will impute sin back to the unbeliever and condemn them to hell.

This is why Paul wrote, "That I might be found in him, not having my own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is of the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith" Philippians 3:9.

Faith brings righteousness, not works, obedience or religion.
Faith is causal to obedience and pleasing works.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Those of us with true faith KNOW that we are saved. If you do not know that then I question whether or not you have a true faith which is needed tobe saved.

suit yourselves with your elitism faith.

Jesus does not approves of your elitism because it comes from arrogance which against Jesus' teaching or character of love.

Jesus is the Lord.

good day.

Robert Pate

Banned
suit yourselves with your elitism faith.

Jesus does not approves of your elitism because it comes from arrogance which against Jesus' teaching or character of love.

Jesus is the Lord.

good day.

Faith in Christ and his Gospel is not elitism.

Faith is God's way to justification and salvation.

Works and obedience is NOT God's way. In the judgment you will either be saved by the righteousness of Christ or you will be condemned by your works and your obedience.

"Lord, Lord, didn't we...?" Matthew 7:21-23.

jsanford108

Does faith not lead to religion, obedience, and good works? After all, Christ commanded all of these. His apostles taught these, as well. Are we not known by our works (Matthew 7:20)? Do we not "obey" Christ? This is why personal interpretations should be frowned upon. People begin to just say whatever aligns with their pride and claim it came from the Bible. Joseph Smith did it. Ellen White did it. The list goes on.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
This is why Paul wrote, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

In context Paul says this to those who have no fear of God before their eyes. (Romans 3:18)

This does not, of course, apply to those who fear God. (Acts 13:16)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
In the judgment all that are not found to be justified by Christ and stand before God's court as righteous, will have their sins imputed back to them and will be condemned.

Totally bogus! Death is the penalty for sin and once a person has died they have paid their penalty.

Robert, if you go to your banker and borrow $500,000 on a 90 day note, and you pay off the note at its due date then you no longer owe the debt.

Sin is a debt to God's law and once that debt is paid it is no longer owed.

We can ask the Father to charge our sin debt to Jesus Christ or we can pay it ourselves. Either way once the debt is paid it is paid.

Robert Pate

Banned
Does faith not lead to religion, obedience, and good works? After all, Christ commanded all of these. His apostles taught these, as well. Are we not known by our works (Matthew 7:20)? Do we not "obey" Christ? This is why personal interpretations should be frowned upon. People begin to just say whatever aligns with their pride and claim it came from the Bible. Joseph Smith did it. Ellen White did it. The list goes on.

No, faith does not lead to religion. Religion is man's preoccupation with his own spirituality, himself.

Christianity is about Jesus Christ and his Gospel. All that have come to Christ to be saved by him are given the Holy Spirit. It is the Spirit working in the life of the believer that produces good works and the Christian life. It is all of God.

"For we are his workmanship, created in Jesus Christ unto good works, which God has before ordained that we should walk in them" Ephesians 2:10.

Robert Pate

Banned
Totally bogus! Death is the penalty for sin and once a person has died they have paid their penalty.

Robert, if you go to your banker and borrow $500,000 on a 90 day note, and you pay off the note at its due date then you no longer owe the debt.

Sin is a debt to God's law and once that debt is paid it is no longer owed.

We can ask the Father to charge our sin debt to Jesus Christ or we can pay it ourselves. Either way once the debt is paid it is paid.

WOW! Are you screwed up. Who told you that your death is the penalty for sin? There are two deaths, physical death and spiritual death.

The only penalty that God accepts for sin is the crucifixion and death of Jesus Christ. You cannot atone for your sins because you are a sinner. Jesus Christ was a perfect sacrifice for the sins of humanity because he was sinless.

Spiritually, we have been crucified with Christ, Romans 6:6. And if you are a believer you have been resurrected with Christ. If you are not a believer you will die a spiritual death and be condemned to hell.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
WOW! Are you screwed up. Who told you that your death is the penalty for sin? There are two deaths, physical death and spiritual death.

It is appointed to everyone to die once and then be judged. Death frees a person from sin which is what baptism pictures.

For he who has died has been freed from sin. (Romans 6:7)​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Claiming "I am saved" comment comes from elitism spirit.

Matthew 15:8-9 These people draw near to Me with their mouth and honor Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me. And in vain they worship Me teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sometimes I wish our legal system was like the OT system of law.

If someone committed a crime worthy of death, it was the witnesses of that crime that had to initiate the death.
There had to be at least two eye witnesses of the crime.
It was not left up to a judge or a jury to weigh the evidence and decide.
The death sentence lay solely on the witnesses.

STONING by law

Deuteronomy 17 KJV
(6) At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death; but at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death.

OK, only the mouth of the two (or more) witnesses could condemn the guilty party (ie.could not be circumstantial evidence or second hand info, or a perceived conclusion, but actually witness the crime in progress).
No Judge presiding get to decide and no jury gets to decide. The condemnation of the guilty lies solely on the witnesses.

Now, pay close attention to the following verse ......

(7) The hands of the witnesses shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterward the hands of all the people. So thou shalt put the evil away from among you.

*** By law, the ones that were to cast the FIRST stone had to be the eye witnesses themselves. ***

That would put a whole new spin on our legal system.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
All that God does, he does according to law.
I would have to disagree with that as stated.

David comes to mind.
The law was not carried out for David.
He lied, coveted, committed adultery and murdered.
He was guilty, and yet GOD did not demand the law be carried out for him.

GOD's mercy trumps the law.

Romans 9:15 KJV
(15) For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.